News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Problem with mods....

Started by Willows, May 28, 2018, 05:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willows

I have this little problem. There are so many great mods, and you all are such great modders, I want them all in my game. BUT...my game can't handle them all.

Why do you all have to put out such great stuff to tempt me??  :P :P :P
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

galensgranny

I used to have a problem with the game loading way, way too slowly, like 45 mins! I had a l lot of mods, but now have even more. Then I realized to turn of all unneeded programs in the Windows task manager, in particular all the automatic update programs.  If you use Steam, be sure to change it to "offline mode".  I think that helps.

Voeille

Once a modder, always a modder. You start modding one game and sooner or later, if you play other games, you'll feel the need to mod them too. I did that with Sims 2, Sims 3, Cities Skylines, and now Banished. And I know I'll mod all those games again at some point, and possibly other games I'll play in the future. You can take a few months, even years, of a break, but you never quit forever. At least that hasn't happened to me, I always come back to the games I've modded.

And in my opinion, all infinite games (such as those I listed, that don't have a set goal or story) should be possible to mod. It increases their longevity a lot. And that gives you an awesome hours played/money spent ratio too :)

What problems do you have exactly? Crashes, slow load times, lag?

Willows

Oh, this post was actually a complimentary nod to all the great stuff all you modders do!! Was saying you all are so talented and I want them all!! hehe

But I have this old busted down computer, several years old. I have my options for this game with anti-aliasing off, and low settings for visual, and I still get like, 5 min loading times. But the game plays fine.

Right now, I'm playing CC with 20 extra mods, don't really dare do more than that, lol.

Like I said this was just a praise for all you modders, kind of tongue in cheek, like. You guys totally ROCK!!! :)

Voeille

I know it was a compliment (a nice one!), it just made me think how modding works for me :)

I wouldn't turn your visual settings down if your problem is slow loading time. Just minimise, do something else, and maximise it again when you heard the music meaning it loaded. Apparently having it minimised while loading speed things up too, for what I've read.

galensgranny

Willows,  5 minute load time is fast to me.  After I made some adjustments, my load time with so many mods is a "speedy" only 20 minutes, down from 45 minutes!  So you have plenty oF "time" to add even more mods!  :)

RedKetchup

dont forget to alt tab and go surf during that time can help you alot in most case to accelerate the process :)

thanks you for the compliment :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

@Willows - Saying nice things is a guaranteed way for more mods  ;)

Glad you like it here.

brads3

you have 2 issues. 1 is getting more speed from the computer. 2 is how or what mods to add together.

to deal with the computer speed there are several things to try. 1st clear the game registry. in testing and trying different mods,it is possable some are left in the registry slowing down your game.even after you removed them from the WinData folder,they will take some power.there are some posts to explain that more and walk you thru the steps.that will gain some speed. then do as granny said, check the task manager and turn off unneeded or unused progams. you can also go to programs and check windows for any that you don't use and shut them off.any old games or programs might be trying to do updates still.
        there are game settings to check also. 1 is turn off the auto saves. those are so frequent and will take power.try adjusting video options.you might be amazed at how much speed you gain.
       after that open the game with no mods enabled yet,since you cleared the registry, and open task manager. go to performance. how much memory are you using and how much do you have available? this physical memory is the amount of mods you can add in file size.

brads3

issue 2> what mods?    we can't have everything. i have tried,LOL. check my village blogs. not everything from every mod will work together.each player is different and has their own style and likes. you gave to figure out what you want and how you want the maps to look.ask yourself " why do i want mods" and "what do i want the game to do"?  remember you can add tons of small mod sets and use little power. add 1 big set and it can use more power than 10 or 20 of those mods. you also have to consider what you want from the mod and how much memory space it will take up.does adding the mod bring enough to pay for the power it will take?

once you have a start to your mod order, we can give some advice or help explain things if mods conflict. the CC mod does use a lot of memory.i changed from it to the RK CHOICE. you get the production chains but it uses less memory. by doing that i gained all kinds of memory space. the CC journey is 3 times as big as the RK. not counting if you are using the mega mod version.

Willows

Well, let's see....I took the advice I found for CC off the Black Liquid website for playing CC and did thus in this order:

Ridiculous Storage
Increased CC
Iron is Iron
Lush and Green
NM3T Orchards
NM3T Crops
CC Journey
The rest is just random order like this:
Kid Yard cover
Kid Stone House Addon
Grow Mushrooms
Grow Onions
Grow Roots
Deco Plants by V
Deco Mod by Math.
Kid A Lot of Seeds
Colorful Fences
Nomad Sigh
Tiny Separate
Busy Laborers
Maritimes Trees
Mini Buildings
Forest Ponds
Renewable Resources
New Well
Deco Plants by Kid
An Empty Square
Colorful Little Houses
No more rain
Real Time Aging by Torgonius
Granny Park

I don't dare add more...the latest was V's Decorative Plants, and there was a bit of a crash hiccup at first, but now it loads and plays fine. Oh, and I do know to restart the game after enabling it in the list. Got the advice here off you guys, lol.  :)

Voeille

What are your computer specs? I use about a hundred of mods and my game loads in a few minutes. Your list looks like there's a lot of room to add more :) Here is my list.

rkelly17

One thing that helps your computer is a "no smoke" mod. There is one specifically for Colonial Charter on Black Liquid's site. Load order is important, but I forget now what the order should be. You'd be amazed how many of your computer's resources are used making every building smoke.

Nilla

@rkelly17 , welcome back!  Nice to see you again. Haven't seen you around for a while but hope to hear more of you here in the future. :)

Willows

rkelly, I will try that right now! Maybe I can squeeze one more mod in, lol. :)