Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Just a thought. A small quirk :)

What if you use vanilla thatch?

embx61

That thatch is nice but if I use it I will have to redo all the buildings from the village sets to stay with the theme.
The thatch I use are on 2 combined textures so it will be a lot of work to change it all.

But I saved the png and probably use it some later for some other buildings not related to the village set.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

Goblin Girl

I don't find that having different thatch textures reduces the "realism" at all.  I mean, if you look at a village with thatched buildings, they weren't all done at the same time, so they'll be different colors.  And different thatchers developed their own unique patterns as a signature of their work. 

elemental

EB's textures (thatch and wood and everything else) look great, even better than vanilla. But at the same time EB buildings and vanilla buildings can sit next to each other without looking out of place.

embx61

The creativity is a bit lost after my long absence.
No worry though because I know it will return but things are going a bit slow at the moment.
I work on several projects on and off to try to get back in the flow.

@Goblin Girl
You are right but at the same time if I have several buildings in a themed set and some will not have a certain thatch texture I will finally end up with all F Key variants for every building because some players want all the building roofs to match. This is one of those things whatever i do it will not please everyone.

Some will not care to mix the several thatch roofs, but others want about every building to match the thatch.
I will see if I can add 1 or 2 more thatch roofs to the houses and 3x4 houses to make 3 or 4 variants so to give some more choices.

Goblin Girl

All I know is that the images you posted are beautiful, and I want those buildings in my game.  No pressure, I'm just saying I look forward to your new stuff, whether it matches or not.   ;)

brads3

what are you working on? what is your monument building? RED has the white house,DS has the GLOBE theater, KID has a few including his monestary.

embx61

Working on a new Quarry. The sign is a small ghosted mesh so different names are possible.
I like the players to choose four names and I will compile a small mod for them with 4 names they can choose to put on the quarry wall. Details will follow soon.
I also in the process of stripping the wooden houses from the Village set as 3 separate houses addons (Light, Medium, and dark wood color)

All will still reside under the Village set themed toolbar as it was before.

I added 1 wood color to the 4x4 set so light, medium and dark wood set of 6 houses and they will have 5 thatched roof textures for all through F key.

elemental

Quarry looks very good. Is that ground texture supposed to be stone? It's very flat and square and it makes the whole thing look very clean and neat. Perhaps too clean and flat and neat? The buildings and the stone that is being excavated look great though.

Abandoned

@embx61 Wow, you have been busy  :)  Looks great

Gatherer

Perhaps the texture should be extended throughout the footprint? And some excavated stone piles placed on the upper part of the footprint. The building with a sign could also work as a standalone structure functioning as a barn or a warehouse where players could define how much and which resources to store.

Love the name on the sign!!! ;D
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

Yeah, I first had the same texture as the walls but looks quite busy on the floors so used the texture for the stone.
I still looking into it and maybe change it back and do a screenshot to see what players think.

I can see if I can add some vertices on the sides to rough it up somewhat so it not looks so square.

Gatherer

You could try to give the upper part floor a sand/dirt type texture.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61