News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

It looks good, more natural. The riverbanks usually look dead even though in real life they are often full of plant life.

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on December 13, 2018, 02:47:25 PM
It looks good, more natural. The riverbanks usually look dead even though in real life they are often full of plant life.

yeah i agree but it can also cause a problem. if the grass are too deep, the citizens refuse to harvest from the coast.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

unfortunatly, the citizens refuse to harvest the "too deep" grass, and if you build on top of those.... citizens wont process it neither.

i am wondering about the reeds ? ? ? CC has reeds, so what they do , or player has to do, in order to clean those / or build something over it ??

(it is sad because i just tested trees and go a bit deeper..... 3 screenshots)

brads3

CC figured out a way to get the laborers to remove the reeds before constuction.others did attempt it but not sure how much luck they had.BARTENDER might have notes in his development pages at BL.reeds are used with feathers to make low grade clothing. basically a survival coat.they coud be bundled and burned. a handy "firewood" for those making swamp or dock towns. BARTENDER expanded on the reeds with his new version of the ND.that version caused major drag to mosty computers.not many use it.
      CC also has rice which could be made into wine.there was the  driftwood that brings in logs.a seafood piece,clams,pearls,etc. 1 good thing with the CC dock pieces is they could be built on land.so you could stretch the town onto the shoreline and place the market,houses,or tbarns.the buildings were at gound level so you didn't see the dock part.the little woodshed was handy to bring logs to the woodcutters.now we have wagons for that  :)

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 13, 2018, 04:26:59 PM
i am wondering about the reeds ? ? ? CC has reeds, so what they do , or player has to do, in order to clean those / or build something over it ??

CC's reeds are tricky. They aren't where you think they are. The 3D model for the reeds can spawn up to 4 tiles away from the tile they are actually on. They only grow on land so workers can always get to them, but because the model can be 4 tiles away sometimes it looks like they are in water. Same with their salt rocks.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

but reeds are only near water... i cannot ask a tree or grass to go stand 2-3 tiles away. i am too scared to have someone yelling at me cause there is a tree in middle of his crop  or backyard !!! and he cant get rid of.
LOL

edit: i would need River Trees ! lol

RedKetchup

so i finally find a way to get them harvested... trees too.
i wished they could get further... but found the threshold, the limit, where i can spawn grass and trees and being able to get pickup.

so that part is fixed now

now, i am adding new flora wild flax and wild oats. and gonna add wild cotton too at the spawn list of trees.
screenshot flax bushes

taniu

@RedKetchup ;DThank you for adding wild flax, cotton, oats only for the lack of wild bees - I can not wait - your new mods - is probably very big - unless you work on many mods - will you make a gift for the holidays - and spend these mods?Cheers ;D :P

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

tuggistar

For Redketchup and others modders. Hi, you can use small rivers. For example put like that small production across the small rivers, as was done in the MoD-Natural Diversity 1.1. (Reed Farm and Fish Trap). Or something else, the small rivers is a bit useless. You can do something as small productions across small rivers, secondary or intermediate production for other more advanced productions.
I don't know if anyone asked or not.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 20, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
Quote from: Gatherer on November 20, 2018, 12:16:15 PM
No problem. What exactly are we looking for? Any guidelines?

something more fresh labored brown land.

i am still working on this today.

i am trying to do something with this as a base. i wish there are some "rows"

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 17, 2018, 10:28:26 PM
i am still working on this today.

i am trying to do something with this as a base. i wish there are some "rows"

here what i did, not best but i like it. i also made it for winter we can still see where is the crop placement, kinda like a road

3 other screens: vanilla , vanilla no dirt, and peak's (or Pine) texture.

RedKetchup

i just played like 4-5 hrs of RKEC.... i love it so much ! and i love those ground textures :)

i made a list of 4-5 more things to do ^^
- add to grass respawn
- lower grocery store (and the 3 other) number of building units. 90 too high, must lower to 75.
- add also +5 range to its radius.
- lower the offsets of the flower position.
- add "wind" animations to the new wild cotton/flax/oats.
- turn around the builders when they are building a pasture, they turn their back.

i think we will have a release soon :)