News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Elnor

Started by brads3, July 12, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

thanks.we do make progress.just a couple small hiccups.almost ran out of tools and then a housing shortage. half of which, the bannies caused themselves.  i placed a barn 90 degrees different and they freaked out.what was worse is it should have affected 2 bannies not 20 or 30.LOL

this map has a long ways to go so you have time to catch up.

Abandoned

:) A long way to go, yes, I would say so, a very large map, wow  :)  best of luck.

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population 503 with 67% educated in 140 houses plus 2 barracks and the mission hostel.logs and firewood are improving.food production is stable.marble and tobacco are overstocking the textile limit.we also have excess coal and copper.

as it is, phase 5 is about half done.i had hoped  it would have went faster.the tool shortage and housing shortage has slowed progress.to accomplish everything will probably take 150 years or more.the more stable this half of the map is, the better the next should go.

pic 1: yr 60 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food and citizen graphs
pic 5:  forest outputs

brads3

YEAR 60-62

THE wildwest town gets a salt and precious mine.they can begin to make saddles.a rodeo area is also finished and more houses.a tunnel now leads thru the mountain.a merchant did bring the long horn cattle for them.  EB's leatherworks wont take the cured leather.possably cause the CC 1.06.will need a mod order adjustment.

the KID plantation fort is going to take some time.a RK random mine will go on the other side of the mountain and farms will be planted.why am i playing with this mod? i found it and added it for this map.then KID already upgraded and added to it.LOL. my main problem is trying to figure out what to keep the bannies busy with between the mountain and the fort. i don't want to just lay out farms.
in the short run,i am going to build some houses to get builders and laborers over here.that hopefully speeds up the construction. 

the workers did move out of all the boardinghouses finally.

pic 1:WW mines
pic 2: rodeo
pic 3: start of the plantation fort village

brads3

YEAR 63-64

Finally we can begin to build the fort.it will get a KID tiny general trader.it will match up well and be used to ship the cured leather and gold.a school and chapel are built.they get 2 supply shops,2 fishing piers,and a market.it is a tight little fort.other than the school,i didn't enable the workplaces yet. this will leave laborers and builders here for the next phase.while the builders finsih the walls and add 2 more houses,the laborers will take the time to clear around the fort.
       to supply firewood, a chopper and storage is added to the small village. a small tavern will keep the workers entertained.for now phase 5 is complete.it will need some decorations and some more work to the village center in time.

pic 1:platation fort being built
pic 2: KP fort
pic 3: yr 65 stats ,where phase 6 will be built

brads3

YEAR 65-66

we can start phase 6.it will be a monestary built around a mountain castle.1st i need to run roads and clear land so i can see. houses can be built while i terraform the mountain.instead of a wall and gate,this village uses 2 broadway towers to mark the entrances.a rural market plaza will keep it supplied.a healer,chapel,and education center are completed.

pic 1: twin broadway towers
pic 2:monestary valley market plaza
pic 3: MV chapel and healer

brads3

YEAR 67-69

the construction of the monestary begins in the spring.an apple and peach orchard are planted.more houses and workshops are layed out.the roads are upgraded to stone.a candle shop,tailor,bakery,and crafter guild. a medievil mill will be used to grind the wheat and keep with the stone texture.

in year 68,the laborers begin to clear land and move supplies for the huge mountain castle.250 logs,550 stone,and 80 iron are needed.while it is being built,the laborers can clear throughout the village and add decorations.the castle will take 3500 work hours.the housing shortage is over.and once everyone is set to work,the laborer count will be down considerably.

WHILE the mountain castle is being finshed,an abbey will be built. there is some clean up and decorations added.workers are slowly sent to their workplaces.the castle still needs 700 work hours to be completed. otherwise phase 6 is finished.

pic 1:monestary
pic 2:orchards,
pic 3: center
pic 4: shops
pic 5:abbey

Abandoned

nice  :)  I like how Medieval Grace mod looks and I like gazebo there on the corner.  Very nice  :)

brads3

there is some busy work for a while before we start the later phases.a long 10yrs but it should pay off.

Abandoned

You are already on year 70,  :) It will be interesting to see how many years total this will be.

brads3

years doesn't bother me. i figures it would take 100. the way it has played i re-calculated to 150.the population break that can fatal error crash it does concern me. i think that is what stopped the "TOWN's" map. if my memory is right it is closser to 1100-1200 than the 1000 others have mentioned. the CC huts that the miners used did help delay it as they only allowed 1 child. it will become a race against time thou the farther i go.

brads3

YEAR 70 REVIEW

POPULATION 586,50 students and 178 children. there are 173 houses. education level is 77%.they  trade for iron and firewood.there is a nice stockpile of logs.the quarry and mines have kept pace with the use of stone.health is down half a star.the rural market plaza is stocked with mixed goods and not food.a second worker was sent to help.if needed, there is space for a food market.
      there is excess feathers,coal,beeswax,and pelts.the Plantation fort TP will be  enabled and the trading adjusted.we do need to start salting fish soon.

overall we have survived and grown. the indian village,CC fort ,Port Royal fort and Sherbrooke,mission,Wild West town and plantation fort,and monestary valley are built.the farm center has expanded and added fields south of the CC fort.the mine and production area has been expanded with the mountain between the WW and PF.
      there is a lot of mixing of mods to get here.the indian village was a nice starting base camp.there are TRIANGLE's tipis,i do wish he would return. the indians need many more pieces.KID and TANDY's gatherers.the indians use RED's horses and NECORA's tailor.RED's training camp fence suits them well.
        the CC fort has an old NMT blacksmith and KID houses.an old SLINK's market supplies logs but also stores the many mixed goods from the old CC NF mod.the farm center even has an NMT ale market.
      ELEMENTAL's new trees and lilacs decorate many of the towns.RED's NMT meat pocessors and butchers deal with the many meats.the old NMT wash station keeps the missionaries hands clean. the WW combines KID and EB houses and work places.TOM's nodric wharehouses help move logs.there are many pieces from modders who have moved on to other games as well. the safety,unlimited and multi mine mods are some of  those hidden gem mods.

did i forget anyone? it is not intentional.there are many hidden gem mods. some don't list the modder.the small storage shed i thought was made by RED but says "july for today".what happened to Elfecutioner ? i do hope DS returns soon.he needs to grab a chair there is a long way to go yet.

so far the few mod issues are not old mods. mod order adjustments should work to fix them.a KID mod to fix the honey,a EB mod to fix the leatherworks,and a mod to fix the domestic animals that will fix the stables.3 minor issues.not counting the glitch of the main TP that can't be built.

before i start on the other half of this map,i should take some time to clean up and decorate more on this half.this is a good breaking point.

pic 1: y 70 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food and citizen graphs

pic 5: phase 1 IV,indian village
pic 6: phase 2 CC fort
pic 7: phase 3, SB,sherbrooke and Port Royal
pic 8:  phase 4 MC,mission castle
pic 9: phase 5: WW
pic 10:phase 6: MV,monestary valley

brads3

YEAR 70-71

before starting on the other side of the map,i want to go back over each area and clean up the regrowth as well as adds some decorations.i will start from the south and work back north. the plantation fort gets a meat locker and old salty to handle the fish.they needed a place to sell horses and wagons.a horse pasture and a wagon and cart yard was set up.there is a mod that would allow you to trade the horses without using them for food.since i don't have that mod nor the CC decorations with the animals,RED's horses get used quite a bit.i do have goats but no cows or donkeys or oxen.
     the WW town needed an inn and a diner.well we don't have a diner but the corn crib will work as that and a tavern.now anyone who comes to the rodeo has a place to stay and warm meal.of course, the longhorns needed KID's shade trees to keep them cool.
     along the way we added a couple houses and a CC apiary to the south fields. over time i found out the old salty has issues storing the salt even thu it is lower in mod order.you will have these issues now and then with older mods, as they aren't set to store the new flagged items.

pic 1:PF wagon sales to the left of the horses,old salty failed to work as i built the NMT version.
pic 2: WW inn
pic 3: the rodeo

brads3

YEAR 72-73

THE mission needs clean up along the east and southern wall.they will plant another barley field,a pepper field, and a flax field. a CC weaver will be built to try and make linen.    they plant a row of lilacs and add some shade trees.they can finish the east wall as well.

the CC weaver's linen will not work at the fort tailor.this breaks one of the fort chains and with the under productive pieces i question if it is worthwhile to keep the CC NF.upgrading to the newer version is not an option due to the memory needs.the food processors are similar to the RK or NMT.i would give up the tobacco dryer and some decorations.the CC does help fix an RK building override cause when adding the North. it will have to be considered after this map.

pic 1:mission before clean up
pic 2:clean up and weaver

brads3

YEAR 74-75

THERE is more cleanup to do along the north wall of the mission and then the farms going north.along the way,a few crops and storage will be added.very time consuming,but it  will brighten these areas.also it is a good time to check on health and any issues.while this goes on stone has been stockpiled.iron is increasing and more lumber is being produced. 

pic 1:clean up heading north from the mission
pic 2: shade trees added to the pastures
pic 3: main farm center cleared