embx61

EB Village 4x4 Stone Houses Set - Version 17002 - Updated - October 29 2018

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=508
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

wiscoke

very nice addition. the more houses the more ideas I get :)

@embx61 I don't know if its possible to let us place roads under the little "roofed" areas before the door.

embx61

An oversight. I made the template from the house without the overhanging roof and forgot to edit the ones with the overhanging roof.

In the next version I will include the road buildable under the roof by the doors.

Done: Version 17002 is up.

wiscoke

@embx61  I beleive the wood houses have the same issue. maybe in a future update these one too ? ;)

Goblin Girl

Very nice!  I'm one of those who can't have too many different houses.  Thank you!

zak4862

Quote from: wiscoke on October 29, 2018, 07:46:39 AM
@embx61  I beleive the wood houses have the same issue. maybe in a future update these one too ? ;)

I agree.That would be very nice.  :)

elemental

I'm using Voeille's Lush and Green mod and it looks strange to have lush green grass growing at the front door. One of the wooden houses has a little porch but the rest of them don't have it. If possible it would be great to have a ghost deco version of that little porch, as well as road tiles.

Also, I'd love to have a ghost deco version of that attic window. Then I could make more versions of these houses. It might even make it easier for you to design houses (and other buildings) if you just created some basic houses and a matching set of add-on ghost pieces that we could add in various different ways. Not just windows but other things too, like an extra chimney or a second storey. More variety but less work for you.  :)

embx61

Deco Pieces which matches all the roads is very hard.

The Game takes a bit out of a 1024x1024 texture and it is very hard to scale that in 3ds Max so it matches all the roads.
I can make deco road pieces but they would be different then the roads.

A ghosted porch is not possible because the ghosted pieces not recognize a floor object so it has to be very low which can cause flickering as it clashes with the terrain.

I can look into ghosted chimneys and dormers.

I make the wooden house road enabled at the porches where it is needed.

In the older days I made footprints but most of my footprints are transparent these days to not see that dirt around buildings but the ground texture of whatever terrain is chosen by the players is seen.

Gatherer

@elemental That patch of green grass in front of the house on the first pic: Is it road buildable? If it is you could try placing Kid's standalone Wild West sidewalks there. They can be found here (page 6, post 77) - - > http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1622.75
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

No, there not road buildable but will be in the next version.
I looked again. In front, and all around the houses road buildable but not yet under the roof overhangs.

elemental

Quote from: embx61 on November 01, 2018, 03:34:23 AM
A ghosted porch is not possible because the ghosted pieces not recognize a floor object so it has to be very low which can cause flickering as it clashes with the terrain. I make the wooden house road enabled at the porches where it is needed.

Yes, adding road tiles will fix the problem. If flickering or flashing is a problem you could also make a non-ghost porch that is buildable on road tiles. Kid's sidewalks are like this. They are flat blocks of wooden walkway that are built on road tiles. They don't quite match your textures but they aren't bad. They don't flash, either. (Thank you Gatherer for showing me that mod. I didn't know it existed  :) ).

Also, the porch on your house in my pic from yesterday is very flat. Looks like it's almost at ground level. You could make it a little bit higher off the ground, at the same level as the door. That should stop any problems with flashing.

And if you do decide to make some deco house pieces please make a veranda. Similar to what is on the vanilla house in this pic, but in your own unique style. It could go around a corner like the one in this pic or it could just sit on only one side of the house. Or you could make both. Things like this would give us the ability to make a lot of different houses out of a small set of buildings.  :)

Gatherer

Quote from: elemental on November 01, 2018, 02:35:47 PM
And if you do decide to make some deco house pieces please make a veranda. Similar to what is on the vanilla house in this pic, but in your own unique style. It could go around a corner like the one in this pic or it could just sit on only one side of the house. Or you could make both. Things like this would give us the ability to make a lot of different houses out of a small set of buildings.  :)

This would also keep mod size comparably low as only these add-on pieces would be needed to make a more diverse looking houses instead of the whole house model. You could even give it a small storage function.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

If I put a dormer on a house with 6 F Key variants for the roofs I need still 6 the same copied meshes, only the textures change.

In the stone houses set there are 48 houses in the FBX. 8 shapes in 6 variants but still need all 48 meshes.
It is 6 copies of each different house.

But indeed it can save depending on the house shapes. As in my wooden sets I could have done only 3 houses instead of 6 houses as I only added the dormers to the first 3 houses. :)
But for example with the stone houses the roofs are about all different heights so 1 dormer set will only fit 1 or 2 house types so many need to be made with different heights for each house roof height and matching roof texture. So the stone houses are out as it is too cumbersome but when I make a new stone house set I will make the roofs about the same height again so it will work there without having to make 40 or so dormers with all different heights

The wooden houses roofs are about the same height so 1 set of dormers with the same roofs as all the houses as F key will probably work.

As the chimneys will also be ghosted I not think I can attach a smoke dummy to them but I will try to see what happens.
But in the worse case it will be a chimney without smoke. As the houses have a working chimney all ready it will be fine.

embx61

Quote from: elemental on November 01, 2018, 02:35:47 PM
Also, the porch on your house in my pic from yesterday is very flat. Looks like it's almost at ground level. You could make it a little bit higher off the ground, at the same level as the door. That should stop any problems with flashing.

To make the houses all a bit different i left some porches out. Thing is with F key is that it uses 1 Template file and there is the floor object set and that count for all variants which are called in that Template file.
At some F key variant there is no porch so the bannies will float in the air as the floor is in use.
If I do no floor object and the porch is high the bannies will sink in them. That is why I put them slightly above ground level so only the shoes sink in a bit as I did not use a floor.