Main Menu

MD - Old Courthouse

Started by Maldrick, December 18, 2018, 12:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

MD - Old Courthouse

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=528

Maldrick - Old Courthouse v1.00

Adds Services buildings in the style of the vanilla theme that provide safety happiness.  Staffed by the Bailiff profession.

Old Courthouse - large radius, one per village
Old Bailiff's Office - medium radius, three per village

Very sincerest thanks to all of the modders who helped me get back into modding and with getting this completed.  @kid1293 and @RedKetchup generously shared their vanilla textures for this, and I couldn't have gotten through it without their coding help, as well as @Tom Sawyer and @Discrepancy@embx61 gave a lot of inspiration, as well, as I was getting started with it.  Thank you very much, gentlemen.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

very very nice and well done !!
looks real as Luke's
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Thank you, guys.  I wanted to force myself to work within certain constraints, and I missed the "golden age" of early modding when a lot of vanilla-like buildings were being done, so it seemed like a good way to go for a second effort.  Loved kid's Old Town mod when I got back to the game a couple of months ago and that got me thinking about doing something like this.  Learned a lot in the process.

@1 Thank you, I hope you enjoy it.

@RedKetchup Your roof texture is absolutely perfect.  Many thanks, again, for sharing it.  And your other help, as well, of course.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Discrepancy

Well done :) does not look out of place at all with the other vanilla buildings, but at the same time offers something new!

I love the introduction of a Bailiff profession and the Henry reference ;)

Maldrick

Thank you, @Discrepancy .

I couldn't resist giving a nod to KCD.  Such a great game.  The death message has to do with the bailiff being pummelled while enforcing tavern hours. :P Considered including Father Godwin in there somewhere.

kid1293

Wow. You're off to a good start! :) :)

I must pass the ball and say - Now we need a village!  ;D

Congrats!

Maldrick

Thank you very much, @kid1293 .  I would have been lost without your help, and your textures made all the difference.  And your Old Town set.  Had so much fun playing with that when I got back and got me thinking about the vanilla game again.

I, honestly, have no idea what's next.  Have some thoughts for what comes after, but need more experience first, I think. Haven't done anything that makes anything yet, and I'm a little sketchy about it.  Had good results starting with a test chapel for this.  Might sink into making generics for a bit just to get my personal kit in order.

I'm open to suggestions. :D

Gatherer

Those white corner stones would look awesome on a full village set.

Also, any chance the texture of the steps could be used for a stone road?

An idea for a town big storage barn: Keep the central main part with the doors. Remove the left and right extensions but keep those smaller coverings and place them along the longer sides filled with deco storage barrels and crates. Copy/paste the entrance to the back. Keep the steps but place them all around the structure at the same spacing as it is now at the front.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

galensgranny

You did a very good job!  I am glad to have a different way to get safety happiness besides wells.

elemental

Very nice. It will be interesting to see what you do next.  :)

Kimbolton

A wonderful addition! Thank you.

Maldrick

Thank you, everyone.  It means a lot to hear what people think and I'm thrilled you guys like it.

And thank you for the suggestions.  I'm probably going to get into another theme for a bit because I need to keep branching out into other building types, so doing a theme makes sense.  But I do have some ideas for something I'd like to do with the vanilla theme down the road and I'll definitely see what I can do with your suggestions.  In the meantime, if you like the vanilla theme, I highly recommend kid's Old Town set.  He did some very interesting things to add to the vanilla game without going too crazy with extra production and keeping it "vanilla."  Also, Red's "Old" buildings...Tailor, Blacksmith, Bakery, and there's one other that escapes me at the moment.  He also has a large school and apiary that fits the vanilla theme nicely.  I think those last two might be in the older mods section from before 107, but they still work with 107 just fine.  I put all of that together for some play when I got back to the game a couple months ago and it was very fun.  There are probably others that I'm not thinking of at the moment.  I still love the vanilla game, too. :D

@Scoots Circus Welcome to the boards!  Very glad to hear you like the mod.  Thank you.

@Gatherer Thank you!  I was originally going to try to match this with the vanilla town hall textures but, truthfully, I'm finding that I'm less bad at modelling than I am with 2d images, which I'm awful at.  And thought this would look nicer than the painted on stones.  Discrepancy does a lot of cornerstones and I think they really look great on a model, too.  His are just beautiful, imo.  I will definitely revisit this down the road but I have some more learning to do first.  I'm, honestly, not sure about a road.  The extent of my experience so far is with houses and modifying a chapel for this.  I gather roads are something of a challenge when it comes to textures, but that's just the impression I've gotten reading what other modders have to say about it.  But I'll have a look at it when I get to that, for sure.

@galensgranny @elemental @Kimbolton Thank you very much!

Hawk

Great looking buildings @Maldrick  . I'll have to give them a try when I get back to Banished. I've been playing a couple other games lately; taking a break from Banished while modders get some of their stuff finished.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Maldrick

Thank you, @Hawk .  Hope you do.

Have to ask, what have you been playing?

Hawk

Quote from: Maldrick on December 18, 2018, 06:09:54 PM
Thank you, @Hawk .  Hope you do.

Have to ask, what have you been playing?

Planetbase, The Long Dark & Transport Fever.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]