News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Galensgranny- Unity

Started by galensgranny, February 27, 2019, 09:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Laundry and Lounging

"I never thought I'd say this, but I am so glad to have a proper place to do laundry," one of the women commented. "It was very inconvenient to carry the clothes and blankets to the stream, and then to have to keep an eye out for bears while trying to wash the clothes."

"Indeed," I replied while hanging the last blanket to dry.  "I am so happy the well was dug and this section set up before the winter freeze." 

"But even better is our new sauna, so we can relax while the clothes are drying and the cider is brewing- well, fermenting," chimed in Llewelly, on his way into the sauna.

The sauna was important to us for our health.  We work hard, but relaxing is needed to reduce stress.  A leisurely walk in the woods can be relaxing too, but not here with all the bears.  So, everyone was a lot happier once the sauna was completed.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/8279_17_03_19_4_24_25.jpeg

[Corner house is from Kid's "Bakery and Garden Alternative" mod.   The three-rope clothes line is from Kid's "Washing Mod", and it is also included in Black Liquid's "MegaMod Deco Pack."  There are a few variants of which kind of laundry hangs. The square wash tub is from Kid's "Washing Mod."  The single clothes lines are from Red Ketchup's "RK Editor's Choice MOD Patch 1.3 " and is also in Black Liquid's "MegaMod Deco Pack".

The sauna is Tom Sawyer's "Nordic Sauna".  It provides health happiness only, so a hospital is still needed to cure diseases.  If using Tom's "Norseman" mod, which makes happiness matter, one of the factors needed is health happiness.  Most modders's have taken the health happiness factor out of their hospitals, since Bannies would idle around them at risk of getting sick.  If you are using the "Norseman" mod separate from Tom's "North" mod, this sauna will help the Bannies get their 5 star happiness rating."]

galensgranny

Little Neighborhood

As I came out of the new stone, bear proof market that was next to the sauna, I stopped to look around this new little neighborhood.  The stone houses were small, but the people fixed things up nicely, adding small picnic tables and plants.  Some playground equipment was built behind the market, so the children could occupy themselves here, hopefully keeping them from getting bored and trying to sneak off into the woods.

The smell of fish broke my reverie as one of the fishermen came up behind me.  "It turned out nice, didn't it," he said.  "I am mighty glad to live right across from where I work.  And, I can feel secure that my little Wexdin will be safe while I am away, what with the school being here close by, and the whole place surrounded by the spiked stone wall." 

"Yes, it's a charming place," I replied. "I sure do appreciate that safety wall while coming here.  No bears will want to try to climb over that with those pointy cross sticks."

"Well, if they do, one sharp poke and they will change their minds," he said as he headed into the sauna.

[Corner stone houses are from Kid's "Bakery and Garden Alt V1'.  The darker stone cottages from Discrepancy's 'DS Stone Hovels" mod.  The striped storage barn aside the stone hovel is Discrepancy's from "DS Small Village Storage" mod.  Across from that storage barn and aside another stone hovel is Kid's school from his "Forest Outpost" mod.  The stone tower is from Kid's "Old Town" mod.  The well is from Kid's "Plimoth Harmonized" mod.

In the front, the benches are Discrepancy's from his "DS Thompson Trade Merchants" mod.  The campfire is also by Discrepancy.  The blue and white striped stall is from Red Ketchup's "RK Editor's Choice Full V.1.3"- it serves any kind alcohol, but does not brew it; it's probably also in the RK EC lite.  The stone Shop is a market from Kid's "Granny Neighborhood" mod.  The cart next to the shop is a storage cart from Kid's "Storage Carts" mod.   The building across from the Shop is a sauna by Tom Sawyer.  The sloped small building up against the corner house is a storage building by Discrepancy, called a Small Angled Cellar.  I only know to get it from the thread "Work In Progress: DS Storage" as a beta version link at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1211.msg23451#msg23451 – I love it and use it all the time, so I wonder why it is not elsewhere. The green roofed building at the top right is a fishing dock, from Kid's "Swamp Houses" mod.  The cross-sticks-on-top–of-stone fence is from MegaMod Deco pack and is named Colonial Wall.]

Closer view of courtyard:

[Close up view of small yards.  Starting on the right-  The small picnic table is not really that small.  It is a ghosted picnic table that I placed partly into the house, and is from Embx61's, "EB Resort Deco" mod, and is also included in his "EB Unified" mod.  The same is with the round stool.   The dark stone walls are the Fieldstone Walls from MegaMod Deco Pack. The row of flowers against the walls are Kid's "Ghost Flowers".  The dark picnic table is from Discrepancy's "DS Thompson Trade Merchants" mod.

The tiny picnic table surrounded by the stone wall is by Jinxiewinxie, from her not yet released mod, but can be found in her thread  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2868.msg58436#msg58436 .  The small light colored table and chairs set if from Red Ketchup's "RK Editor's Choice Full V1.3" mod.  The angled bench on the far left is in MegaModDeco Pack and also in "RK Editor's Choice Full V1.3".  The privacy fence, as I call it, is from MegaModDeco Pack and they name it "Tall Wood Fence".  Inside Kid's small wall-less school, I put one of his ghosted benches from 'Granny Park", so the children have something to sit on. ]

Opposite view:

[The see-saw, merry-go-round and swing behind the market are from Embx61's " EB Resort Deco" and it is also in his Unified mod.  Others have made similar ghosted playground equipment, but EB's fit the spot the best.  In the front on the right is a storage cellar by Discrepancy from his "DS Small Village Storage" mod.  I wanted another entrance into the stone tower, so I placed Red Ketchup's ghosted "Privy" backwards into the tower, and part of it stuck out, like a door.  I framed it with Jinxsie's Small Shelter, also stuck into the tower so only part of it shows.  It is from her not yet released mod.  The pink flowered bush on the left is from Kid's "Decorative Plants" mod.  The white flowered bush is from MegaMod Deco Pack.] 

brads3

i like how you made the door for that lighthouse. good way to show the modders how we use different parts together also.