News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (3) thread

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 07:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Gonna start a new thread now :) since the other one is about RKEC which is officially released in its final Patch 1.3 version :)

I prefer to start also a new thread because i will work on the new folder of RotP 1.0 version. :)
Enjoy RKEC 1.3 for the time RotP will take to be done ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Oh, so no RKEC modular Deco or others anytime soon?   :(

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on March 11, 2019, 10:03:52 AM
Oh, so no RKEC modular Deco or others anytime soon?   :(

maybe, not sure. should be. but i dont considaring this as important as the incomming RotP... but i ll see what i can do :)
but before RotP ... i need to complete the RKEC Wiki !!!

Thats very very important. people want infos... i need to give infos.... :)
this will take me couple of days... i am alone to do everything ! I am not a team!

Abandoned

::) Not as important as incoming RotP, hmmmm , yes that has been sitting there an awfully long time.  Sorry to trouble with trivials.

RedKetchup

today i am continuing to edit my posts and create a Wiki for RKEC 1.3

i started by the Map Generation. i explained and listed everything new when you decide to create a new game and everything the Map Generator will add to your map.

i am now at explaining the toolbars. i started with the vanilla toolbar and what i did and not did in each of the icons of each of the toolbars.

RedKetchup

i did the house toolbar, the road toolbar, the storage toolbar, and the services toolbar....
i want to know if you find my text formatting is ok ?

Jinxiewinxie

Formatting is great, I like that you're doing everything in an order that matches the toolbar button order. It makes a lot of sense and the information is very useful =) The bold words and spacing helps to make it readable and "parse"-able, in case we're looking for info on just a specific item, it'll be easy to find.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 13, 2019, 08:20:40 AM
Formatting is great, I like that you're doing everything in an order that matches the toolbar button order. It makes a lot of sense and the information is very useful =) The bold words and spacing helps to make it readable and "parse"-able, in case we're looking for info on just a specific item, it'll be easy to find.

great !!!

RedKetchup

i made half of the Vanilla Resources Toolbar in the RKEC Wiki.

RedKetchup

Ok. today and yesterday i took a look to Rise of the Pharaoh.

i know there is something that has been made in one of my folder.... but i decided to start a very new mod folder Rise of the Pharaoh.

i am planning to make it like i did for RKEC, a total submersion into a theme...  Old Egypt. I will replace everything and nothing will survive Rise of the Pharaoh :)
But also, when i will need to go pickup all the models i did.... i will go 1 by 1 as needed and i will evaluate if i keep it as 100% as i did, or i will modify it in hope i will be more satisfied :) so i am deleting nothing made so far. all is at to be evaluate.

So since i am starting from scratch... i decided 2 textures for the moment. 2 terrains.

Desert (of course) with a sand desert texture. This will represent a map made in middle of the desert / oasis
Nile with a nice green grassy texture. This will represent a map made on the shores of the Nile... not quite the delta though since we can only have 1 river....
will be more to come...

the thing about the area the map will try to reproduce, it should not be too much mountains. it is more dunes. sand dunes....
so i played with some numbers... and i lowered the mountains all around the map (and we cant go) so now they look more like dunes with the sand desert texture
and the grassy Nile map i wish they look like hills.

so i disabled everything else to get just the map, clean , with what i am doing.

RedKetchup

as you could see in last screenshot from previous post.... then i started to make things spawn.

i have to decide what will spawn on the map at the generator of maps. I kept the RKEC copper, kept the silver and gold ore of RKEC. and then i decided what else.

Since we will try to reproduce the old pharaohs times.... they were are bronze age. they never known about iron. So i deleted the iron spawns. there wont be any Iron in RotP :) and then i added Tin veins. we will use copper and tin to make bronze :) As also as you could see, i change the color of the stone texture for a "sand"stone texture. in game we will see "Sandstone".

taniu

@RedKetchup  :)I am very happy that you returned to the "Rise of the Pharaoh" project. I hope others - great moderators will help you create this mod? hurray hurray - I keep my fingers crossed for you - I like these maps. Cheers ;D

RedKetchup

So I am at : What else i can add ?

I always wished to have marble in RKEC.... so i am trying it. i see marble as building material for some rich noble buildings...

so i guess we will have marble quarries.... but what if i make some ... available ? in the map generator ? Thats part also of my wishes when i wanted it for RKEC ...
And i try to get something nice and different. i wish to get those at edges of the map.

Some game spawn some huge deposites and in order to get the resource, you need to put a mine on top of it. a huge deposite would look much more better ... than little rock "marble" spawns.... but Banished doesnt work like that. So this is why i wish it is side of mountain cliffs or more/less

of course i need a good texture... this one is really too bright lol

RedKetchup

of course... the trees are not there yet :)

it can give you a strange feeling when you see those pictures... ^^

Trees will come :)
But before i wish to see the other things look without the need to cut a forest to see something LOL

RedKetchup

i didnt worked a lot today but i managed to add back the palm trees :)