News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Idea: Notre Dame Cathedral

Started by MarkJerue, April 15, 2019, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josito

MarkJerue

Wow, what a beautiful model! Thank you so much!

taniu

@Dolbadarn :DI hope you will publish this mod for players? - when you finish it - the model of the cathedral is great. Greetings

Dolbadarn

Hi folks thank you for your patience. I have now sent this to RedKetchup for final testing with RKEditorsChoice.

I have deleted the thread with the opening post including the download link - I was unaware loading the package file to the forum would automatically start a new thread posting it -ooops!  Please wait a little longer for testing, I don't want to break anyone's Banished games.

Thx

RedKetchup

not ready yet, i ve got a crash with it.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 04, 2019, 09:06:49 AM
not ready yet, i ve got a crash with it.

did you added something like this in your mod ?

Dolbadarn

Hi Red thanks for looking into this,

After adding "Build6.rsc" and associated files, delete bin and re-compile it still crashes:

Assert: index >= 0 && index < _size Index out of range

C:\Projects\Buildy\code\Runtime\Collection/Array.h(279)

I have attached all my files except the .fbx and textures to reduce download size.

Thanks

RedKetchup

hey , i downloaded quickly before going to bed..... seems to have many things...

i see you tried to recreate a RKEditorChoiceEditionSpriteSheet.png you chould not. you need to put your things inside your own spritesheet/string table. and inside the rawmaterialFiles.rsc you change the names of your spritesheet/stringtable.

Dolbadarn

Okies

I have moved the sprite and string references for the build materials in to "NotreDameCathedralSpriteSheet" and "NotreDameCathedralStringTable" respectively.
I have changed the references in all rawMaterial(Brick/Glass/Lumber/MetalGold/MetalSilver/RoofTile) to "NotreDameCathedralSpriteSheet" and "NotreDameCathedralStringTable" respectively.

Clear bin, re-compile, but still getting same "size Index out of range error"

So I changed build requirement to just normal wood, stone, iron and it worked, Bannies manage to build it in game.  :)
I think there is a problem with Build6.rsc and references, as you can see the UI is properly expanded to allow 6 materials, it just doesn't like them.
Do I need to make any reference in my files to enable "Custom5" flag materials to be used in my mod?

Sorry for all hassle.
I have attached my new files at bottom of message.
Coding in this game is crazy!
Next time I pick something easier and smaller.   ;D

RedKetchup

just got up ... i will have more time to check your mod today.... yesterday night, 6-8hrs ago ... i was tired and i was going to bed. it was 4AM...

Dolbadarn

Hi Red I have found the problem!

I had not included "NewLimit..." sprites and strings or updated TownHall.rsc or UtilityLimit.rsc files you sent me. After adding these to my Mod Package it now seems to be working properly as a stand-alone mod and also when loaded under "RKEditorChoiceEdition" mod. I have sent you PM with link to new .pkm for testing.

Merci!

RedKetchup

I checked and it works perfectly !!
Congratulations!

MarkJerue

josito

My game crashed after hoovering over the NotreDame icon :(

kid1293

@josito
Do you use an old version of Banished?