News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Multi-challenge #4: Waterfront Property

Started by solarscreen, August 08, 2014, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

nop. i have reflections on the actual rivers/lakes/creek but never never on the 'minimap water' , i have all settings in options at max, reflection 'everything' 8x MMSA and 16X anisotropic thingy ... no reflections on the minimap.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

irrelevant

Oh! I misunderstood, reflections on the minimap! I have no idea, I've never noticed that.

RedKetchup

yeah looks at her minimap i crop'ed it and 200X it. you clearly see the sky reflections on the minimap water

i tried to rotate, move it , nothing. i dont get that.
i thought my GTX480 vdeo card was good :P

mariesalias

I don't think the position of the minimap should matter. I've never really paid much attention to it though, except to note sometimes it is more reflective and sometimes, less.

ETA:Like in this screenshot from my first start at this challenge... not a successful start.  :-[

This is all assuming I understand what we're actually discussing here. Only just getting to drink my morning coffee so who knows?

ETAA: I went in and took a screenshot of my settings for you. I tried changing pitch and position and it did not seem to effect the visuals.

mariesalias

Quote from: slink on August 13, 2014, 11:16:45 AM
@mariesalias: Your barns are all inland rather than waterfront?

I did notice when looking at the screenshot that I have two not connected to a road that I will have to delete. Since @solarscreen  used barns as an example on what could be stacked behind the main buildings, I assumed we were allowed to stack them. Bah, if I was wrong, I'll have to start over again.  :o

RedKetchup

i dunno my setting are way way highers than you (but your card is way better than mine, more recent)

i ve put my dull minimap in 'medaillon' in corner.

EDIT: Tried your settings and changed nothing. i guess your 'newer' vcard do something mine doesnt :P

solarscreen

Quote from: mariesalias on August 13, 2014, 11:57:37 AM
Quote from: slink on August 13, 2014, 11:16:45 AM
@mariesalias: Your barns are all inland rather than waterfront?

I did notice when looking at the screenshot that I have two not connected to a road that I will have to delete. Since @solarscreen  used barns as an example on what could be stacked behind the main buildings, I assumed we were allowed to stack them. Bah, if I was wrong, I'll have to start over again.  :o

Have a look back on the first post, barns must be on the water OR on the path that is on the water.  Pastures, crops, stockpiles, and cemetaries can be behind buildings or behind paths which are behind buildings.

Delete them in the future when you have replacements that will support your village!  Don't hurry and hurt yourself.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

Ugh, you are right, I completely mis-read the example.  :-[  :( 

I will start over. It would not be fair to the other participants not to.

I am glad I posted up these screen shots so I didn't find out until the town was much further along! Thanks @slink! :)

RedKetchup

dont worry Marie ! it s not a big deal, just replace them later ! dont start over just for that.

slink

Yes @mariesalias , @solarscreen said we could delete things later on, so you don't have to start over.  I restarted once, though.   ;D

@RedKetchup: So we are agreed that buildings on a diagonal piece of the river only have to touch at the corners, and buildings can be between them and some part of the river as long as those also touch the river?

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on August 13, 2014, 07:20:14 PM
Yes @mariesalias , @solarscreen said we could delete things later on, so you don't have to start over.  I restarted once, though.   ;D

@RedKetchup: So we are agreed that buildings on a diagonal piece of the river only have to touch at the corners, and buildings can be between them and some part of the river as long as those also touch the river?

Sounds good to me!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

No worries! I already started over earlier while I let the boys play some Minecraft. Thanks for the support/understanding though!  :)

Technically, this will be my 4th start for this challenge, as I killed everyone the first attempt, then decided I didn't like that map so started a new town on the 999999990 map seed, then messed up the last one. I have had so little time to play the past few weeks, I am just glad to be finding time to play. Besides, starting over wasn't that bad as I already had a good idea where I wanted to place the key buildings.

Nilla

Since my blog-town failed (or not?) at least I let it rest for a while, I will try this challenge. A new approach of the game. I like that.

I am not used to challenges so I hope I understand the rules. 

Nilla

I have started this quest and I have some questions, see picture:

1. Several fields behind each other? Allowed?

2. These houses has connection to the road that follows the shore but are partly hidden behind other buildings. Allowed?

3. Main entrance of the hunter is on the larger side of the building, but the short side to the shore. Allowed?

4. Town hall corner touches the road, small house in front of it. Allowed?