News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No Idling in hospitals, and maybe a small clinic?

Started by Bobbi, September 08, 2014, 03:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

welcome in the Blind Moddler world ^^. we all like that , we are blind, without any manual, any parameters list and we try to go from there. and we try to guess what the computer think ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

I believe that work.rsc is in the Dialog directory.

rkelly17

I've always thought of myself as a moderately intelligent individual and open to learning, but holy (expletive deleted) this mod kit is driving me around the bend. I ended up copying a whole whack of other files into my mod folder and things moved along much further. Then Tools-x64 started wanting graphic files (.png and .fbx), couldn't find them and quit cooperating. I looked all through all my ModKit folders and only found .pngs for the fonts. Where are the other graphics files hidden? I see them in the examples stashed away in the Material Instance folder (which is where the program is looking for them), but the Material Instance folders for the Doctor House or Herbalist do not have any graphics files in them. Where are you, graphics files? Come out, come out wherever you are.

Thank goodness I had a student by for a directed study today and could feel competent at something.

RedKetchup

they are already in the data0.pkg

you dont need to copy everything.

and also when you do a external .rsc call you can direct it right where you need to
example: \Template\TradingPost.rsc:Trade
so you dont have to make compile everything :)

also , make sure you modify the very 2nd word of the package.rsc, totally on top of the notpad. i ve lost like 4 hrs yesterday trying to understand why it didnt want to compile and package my general good boat fix ^^.

the Tools is very mean sometimes ^^

RedKetchup

Bobbi

OMG, you are an animal, @RedKetchup! And you even named it after me....   ;)  Of course I test. Is it the idling or also contagion?
Now how about that small church I want?

Bobbi

Running off to play. I will check back in later.

RedKetchup

just the idling. i did what i told you, deleted the happiness

RedKetchup

till @graphite doesnt make some tuto about .fbx and the game requirements about what the game is expecting to find inside a .fbx .... i cant make new building. i only can take the apiary and modify it a bit. delete some items, rotate scale bigger or smaller .... move things around but thats about it. cant change colors, nor add a piece of wood to it.

RedKetchup

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 12, 2014, 04:27:16 PM
whats about the contagion ?

Do you know if it's possible to alter this, so that people walking by the hospital won't be infected by people inside it?

I suspect the game just uses a blanket range for each disease, so it's either a case of them working like now, or effectively removing the diseases form the game by removing (or harshly reducing) the range at which they can infect others.

rkelly17

Quote from: Pangaea on September 18, 2014, 02:21:44 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on September 12, 2014, 04:27:16 PM
whats about the contagion ?

Do you know if it's possible to alter this, so that people walking by the hospital won't be infected by people inside it?

I suspect the game just uses a blanket range for each disease, so it's either a case of them working like now, or effectively removing the diseases form the game by removing (or harshly reducing) the range at which they can infect others.

The game does indeed use a number for each disease's contagion radius--it's in the .rsc file that lists all the diseases and gives their specs. It could be changed like any of  the other .rsc files. The problem comes if you want one contagion radius before they get to the hospital and a different one after. The game does not seem to be able to do that. I was hoping otherwise (It really does seem like cheating to take away the contagion radius altogether), but it is not to be.

Pangaea

I was afraid of that. Better to keep it is as it is then, as removing the radius of all would pretty much remove them from the game I would think.

RedKetchup

we need to keep a certain amount of challenge. and i think, just the hospital radius was a HUGE chunk of nerfing it and we should not go any further

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 18, 2014, 10:12:23 AM
we need to keep a certain amount of challenge. and i think, just the hospital radius was a HUGE chunk of nerfing it and we should not go any further

Exactly!