News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I am back- Jupitero - The Settlement not knowing what Schools are good for

Started by Nilla, November 16, 2014, 09:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Yes, "Irrelevant Tweak Crop," it's a nice little mod, gives 5 of the crops somewhat improved growing seasons (the other 3 didn't really need it).

Does not change yield/ tile though.

salamander

I'm with @Nilla -- if there's going to be a difference between the yields of different crops, there also needs to be a downside to the better-yielding crops.  Otherwise, it's a no-brainer once you have the seeds.

irrelevant

Quote from: salamander on November 20, 2014, 04:17:51 PM
I'm with @Nilla -- if there's going to be a difference between the yields of different crops, there also needs to be a downside to the better-yielding crops.  Otherwise, it's a no-brainer once you have the seeds.

It was hard enough to tweak around the temperature ranges without creating OP/UP imbalance. Changing yields would really push you away from the poor performers, unless they were needed as inputs for some chain, like wheat>flour>pie/cake/bread.

Nilla

I stopped the Jupitero-experiment yesterday.

It didn't brake down. No starvation or freezing. Everything was fine, I even had enough tools. The Finished Goods Merchant doesn't bring tools very often, but he sure brings a lot. I even had enough pie and ale to bye it all, if I wanted to. :)

I am a bit proud, that I managed to increase the food stores, more than I really needed. (The last few years, were just a test, I don't need and I don't want to have so much food in the stores)

I finally manage to balance population growth and food production. And to be true, that was the point I thought; that's it. Maybe in year 45 or something like that, I decided to play 50 years or until I reach a population of 2000. It happened to be both. :)

This was a very nice game! Problems from the start until the last 5-8 years. Reminded me a little of the first towns I built, always some new crisis to manage. And as some of you, who have read my other blags, may understand. That's the thing I like the most about Banished.  ;D

The pictures are examples of the character of the game; a mixture of farming and small industrial areas around one trading port. I am dependent on trade, for rawmaterials and food, but I "only" have 11 trading ports. 1 standard, 1 finished goods, 4 rawmaterials, 5 food.

The pictures are specially for you on the other side of the Atlantic. Your wheather is even in the news here in Sweden! ;) So keep your feet warm, the spring will come..... eventually.......

salamander

Congratulations, @Nilla.  It's nice to be able reach the goals you set.  This was an interesting town the way you approached it.