News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mods Keep Disabling Themselves On Fresh Startup

Started by Zirconia Wolf, January 16, 2015, 04:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zirconia Wolf

Quick background: I played Banished way back before the mod kit was released, got distracted for a while, have just come back a few days ago & am having a blast testing out various mods. (You modders are amazing!)

That said, I have just encountered an odd problem: I currently have two mods (the "Mushroom Weight Fix" & "Small Well") that are always set as disabled when I first launch the game. This happens no matter what other mods I may/may not have enabled at the time & only seems to be a problem the very first time I load the game or if I manually exit & re-load the game.

It's an easy enough problem to fix (I just click "enable" & let the game re-load itself) but I was just curious if this was a known issue or an indication of something worse looming on the horizon? (Could also be just my Laptop being strange.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, info, or dire warnings.

A Nonny Moose

Haven't had that problem.  I enabled the mods I have on opening the game with nothing selected.  If you try that it may work.  However, if the mod is being applied to a game already started, you may have to invoke it each time you load the town.  I hope not.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Zirconia Wolf

Thanks for the info.

So far no BFBVFS yet, so for now I'll just except that these two mods are being ornery just to make me feel like a doofus.  ;D

irrelevant

You can add mods to a town already under way; just load that town, then exit to the menu, go to "mods", and enable the mods you wish to use.

It can cause problems if there are conflicts, but with those two, it should be okay. Adding lots of mods to a town already under way can be risky though.

Zirconia Wolf

The few *conflicts* I have are all ones that have been deemed safe via information provided by the given mod's maker(s) & work fine so long as "x" loads before "y". The mushroom & well mods have never conflicted with anything I've tried to date, yet the results are still the same:

I launch Banished, look at the mods tab, & see those two mods disabled. (Everything else is enabled & in proper load order.)
I click "enable", select "yes" when prompted to re-load the menu, & they are enabled.
Everything stays enabled for the entire session no matter how many maps I start/stop/load/etc...

...but if I close out Banished & re-launch it, those two little buggers are once again disabled.

So it's a simple thing to *fix*, I was just wondering why I keep having to do so. (Aside from my Laptop just being an ornery little putz!)

It's the only *issue* I'm having so far, so I guess I really shouldn't complain given the BFBVFS stuff I've had happen with other games!  ;D

RedKetchup

i know if you crash, your mod selections (on-off) changes arent saved, maybe it ws the case ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Zirconia Wolf

So far I've only had three crashes (or more precisely, 2 program-failed-to-start issues & 1 crash out when trying to exit after saving a game) all of which were my fault* & those all happened several days ago.

Meh. So far things are working, I just have to remember to re-enable those two mods before I play.

Stupid laptop... :P

* The two failed starts were caused by me attempting to launch Banished before my Laptop was completely "awake" which it hates & the one true in-game crash out was when I tried using the Beautiful World mod with the latest CC. I have since ditched the BW mod (so much for having ancient pines, *sniff*) & no crash outs since.