News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The worse located hospital, ever?

Started by Nilla, March 26, 2015, 04:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Yesterday I played a lot of Banished. I went on with my King of the Mountain attempt.

Look at the picture! Have you ever seen such a bad location for the hospital. The neighbors; 2 schools (It's lunch brake! Let's go idling at the hospital! There might be some interesting illness we can catch and be out of school for a while) one marketplace, a busy road and to make it certain, that there are enough idlers close; two wells!  :P :( :-[

I wish i could say I made this deliberatly, but sorry, I didn´t. I just focused on using the space. That´s kind of the task, if you want to squeeze as many people as possible on a small mountain map. And as I noticed this, I had no space left to rebuild it somewhere else. And besides, even if any other location might be better than this; there is no good location for a hospital on a full built map.

But .............

The location might be perfect in a case like this!     ;D ???

Let me explain what I mean: If you build dense and you catch one of the really evil, deadly diseases; it's impossible to prevent an outbrake and many deaths (unless maybe if you have lots and lots of hospitals and there is no room for that here). So taking nomads is a big hazard in dense settlements.

What is, if there are already some people ill; influenza, mumps or some other not very deadly disease? It seeems to be a "disease monopoly"; only one at the time. In my settlement there was Influenza (I think) the last 10 years or something. I took a bunch of nomads and they brought no other illness. There are always some ill people; (1-25) a few deaths, but there was no really bad outbrake and it looks like it prevents the population from worse diseases.

You might have bad luck and catch a really deadly disease at first, but not very likely. So far it works here.

Banish can still surprise you!  ;D

irrelevant

@Nilla yes, when you are building densely there isn't really much you can do to keep hospitals isolated, the space is just too valuable. But as you say, in a dense town you aren't going to prevent the spread of disease by any means. So a hospital in the middle of things will help the disease spread more quickly, and more quickly run its course.

This pic is from my first town, where I made the noob mistake of putting my one and only hospital smack in the middle of the town, pretty much surrounded by idling locations  ;)

RedKetchup

no need to keep those hospital close ! you can put those in the very corner of the map, till they have a path / bridges to get to it :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quite as bad as mine ;) but as I tried to explain; in a dense settlement, where you plan to take nomads, the location is perfect!

By the way; my influenza stayed on for quite a few years, I took another bunch of nomads, until it finally, after maybe 15 years(!) was gone.