News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Medieval Town v 1.1b

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Wood Cutter on July 04, 2015, 08:38:00 PM
Further to my comments on the canal trading posts, is there a big lapse in time before a boat will arrive. It seems to take for ever and so far (2 game years at least) there have been no boats. Also if you straighten the edge of the river with the flattening tool to make a nice flat entrance for the canal will this affect the operation of the canal. I made a nice short canal to test the process. I know it must work. I guess it must be case of getting things laid out properly.

my trading posts have the exact same code for the merchants spawnings as the original vanilla one:
TradeScale _tradeScale
[
{ int _population = 30; float _monthsTrade = 18; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 6; int _itemCountScale = 8; int _itemStackScale = 8; }
{ int _population = 60; float _monthsTrade = 12; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 4; int _itemCountScale = 6; int _itemStackScale = 6; }
{ int _population = 90; float _monthsTrade = 7; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 4; int _itemCountScale = 4; int _itemStackScale = 4; }
{ int _population = 120; float _monthsTrade = 6; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2; int _itemCountScale = 3; int _itemStackScale = 3; }
{ int _population = 150; float _monthsTrade = 6; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2; int _itemCountScale = 2; int _itemStackScale = 2; }
{ int _population = 180; float _monthsTrade = 5; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 1; int _itemCountScale = 1; int _itemStackScale = 1; }
]

at pop 30, it is 18 months +- 6 months (so 12 months to 24 months)
whats happening before 30 pop, i dont know, it is probably hard coded. i can maybe modify this chart to get in sooner ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gordon Dry

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 04, 2015, 07:12:37 PM
i think this cause the 'torrent' havent been registrated on the servers.
i suggest to just abandon the idea. anyways the file is one 'Mega' and on 'OneDrive' at them both , there is certainly 1 or the 2 can provide effectively

Hmm.

On the start page of https://openbittorrent.com/ it says
QuoteOpenBitTorrent is a bittorrent tracker free for anyone to use. You don't need to register, upload or index a torrent anywhere, all you have to do is to include the OpenBitTorrent tracker URL in your torrent.
so it should work.

DesoPL

The only thing which is kinda weird but worth to mention, is about canal gates. The ships when they go to trading post, are simply swim through the gates, but this is mirror problem. :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on July 04, 2015, 09:14:57 PM
The only thing which is kinda weird but worth to mention, is about canal gates. The ships when they go to trading post, are simply swim through the gates, but this is mirror problem. :D

the purpose is to block your sight and make it doesnt look bad when the canal 'meet' the river.
if i dont 'close' it, it wont block your sight anymore
and the game cannot have building animations, so it cannot anime it open when the boat pass.

RedKetchup

The upload of Medieval Town 1.1a is completed !!!

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=76
or the .txt below

EDIT: Steam is up too !!!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=475534536

Gordon Dry

Now I'm confused.

I got my torrent from NMT 1.1 still running and now one person was able to download that.

Could this person please contact me, I want to know why it worked this time but not for the others.

I really want to solve the issue, perhaps it has something to do with IPv6.
I got Dual Stack (DS) - no DS Lite and I got a real IPv4 and a real IPv6.

For this reason I also created a torrent with the new v 1.1a, this time uploaded to a torrent cache service:

The torrage link:
https://torrage.com/torrent/A75EA062FF21D086AB569B70588A7EFCF41FD29B.torrent

The magnet link (only works with DHT enabled in your torrent client):
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a75ea062ff21d086ab569b70588a7efcf41fd29b

This time only chosen trackers.

• My torrent client only accepts encrypted incoming connections so check inside your client's settings that 'protocol encryption' is enabled or forced.

chillzz

Quote from: Gordon Dry on July 05, 2015, 09:14:18 AM
Now I'm confused.

I got my torrent from NMT 1.1 still running and now one person was able to download that.

Could this person please contact me, I want to know why it worked this time but not for the others.

I really want to solve the issue, perhaps it has something to do with IPv6.
I got Dual Stack (DS) - no DS Lite and I got a real IPv4 and a real IPv6.

For this reason I also created a torrent with the new v 1.1a, this time uploaded to a torrent cache service:

The torrage link:
https://torrage.com/torrent/A75EA062FF21D086AB569B70588A7EFCF41FD29B.torrent

The magnet link (only works with DHT enabled in your torrent client):
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a75ea062ff21d086ab569b70588a7efcf41fd29b

This time only chosen trackers.

• My torrent client only accepts encrypted incoming connections so check inside your client's settings that 'protocol encryption' is enabled or forced.
When i woke up this morning it finally downloaded after hours not connecting. For test sake, i'll download this one too :)

don't know what you changed.. but this one started downloading instantly !

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Gordon Dry

I learned that the torrent MUST be uploaded to a tracker / indexer...

But I don't understand.

First this quote from https://openbittorrent.com/ :
QuoteYou don't need to register, upload or index a torrent anywhere, all you have to do is to include the OpenBitTorrent tracker URL in your torrent.

Then the logic - my client contacts the tracker and tells it that the torrent with the hash so-and-so is seeded by my IP.
A peer starts the same torrent and contacts the tracker that the hash so-and-so is requested.

So, normally, the tracker should just tell my client that the peer with IP so-and-so wants to get the torrent with the hash so-an-so.

So why, for heavens sake, do I have to upload the torrent file to an indexer??

Mysterious...

Paeng

Probably that's why

QuoteThere are two kind of people on this planet:
    I like and use torrents
    Torrents?

;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Wood Cutter

Does it matter whether the mod goes above or below CC curse of the golden LLama. I am just wondering whether this has any bearing on the trading posts are not receiving ships. Regarding the update is it necessary to remove _1 from the file name otherwise it will treat it as a new file

RedKetchup

there shouldnt be a _1 . this kind of things can maybe happends when you try to download multi copies of the same file

Xenon89

Hey RedKetchup, since I could test your newest Version of the Mod Yesterday. Awesome! Thank you :) Together with the CC-Mod, it makes Banished so much better :)

Further Ideas or Questions:
- I think you read over my ideas to change the baker in that way, to make water as a necessary ressource for making bread. It would be more realistic and is giving the water a further role in the game
- While I was playing, I got the idea of implementing a copper to manufacture barrels for the tavern/brewery. What do you think about it?
- I love the style of your Hostel! Are you planning to also use a skin like this for normal housing?

RedKetchup

i can maybe do. but about water/copper, i just dont want to make the game as complicated as CC is doing. The major 'quality'  of my mods they still keep the very simplicity of the game. I try to keep it simple :)
but i can see about water+flour = bread.

DesoPL

I noticed bug i think. I started produce Joists from Advanced Blacksmith from CC, but it shows everytime that magazine is full etc.