Kid - Houses For Sale V1.1

Started by kid1293, March 24, 2017, 05:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=246

A collection of unique houses.

V1.1 - Changed name and optimized textures.

Another Abode (4x5+1) 7 persons
Blue Bungalow (5x6+1) 5 persons
Cozy Cabin    (3x5+1) 6 persons
Happy Haven   (5x5+1) 6 persons
Simple Shack  (4x3+1) 5 persons

Abandoned

@kid1293 , these houses are wonderful.  I like the one with the mossy roof, added it to Newport after I finished the story.  Here is something on happy roof I noticed afterwards too.  Next time I will have to put a chicken coop of white leghorn chickens next to that house. Love it :)

kid1293

:)
Thanks for finding the rooster.
It was some kind of easter egg. If you don't know it's there...

Abandoned

:) I always like looking around the map when the leaves are off the trees, see things different.

kid1293

New version in download!

As with some other mods it's the name change and texture optimizing.

Abandoned

Really like these houses, that simple shack would really make a nice weathered set  :) Just stating a fact, not suggesting anything.

kid1293

A weathered fence is coming.
You maybe 'suggest' more?

Abandoned

@kid1293 a weathered fence will be nice.  I  see that cc terrains mod has swamp and marsh.  Tanui would probably like a frog catcher or snails.  I suppose any weathered mossy building would fit right in, mossy wood or stone.  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 07, 2017, 06:21:52 AM
New version in download!

As with some other mods it's the name change and texture optimizing.

Brilliant work @kid1293   :)  Is it safe to add in to an existing map, if the existing houses have been deleted?  :)
I think it's a new map day :D   What with all the new versions released over the weekend, good times ahead!! ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Yes, it should be compatible.
I haven't tested since it is some time since I started to change names.
I just run them one by one with no old version.

Basically, all models and icons are exactly the same, it's just the filename.
But it is not wise to just substitute the file if you still have houses.

It's an everchanging time now with all new material coming out.
I think it will settle down when Luke updates and mods have gone past
the beta stage.

RedKetchup

if it is the name of the .pkm is not important, but the name of the file of the building , it is
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

So you say I can have whatever file as long as the models are the same and accessible?

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on May 08, 2017, 02:44:30 AM
So you say I can have whatever file as long as the models are the same and accessible?
yeah with same name of the file. what you see at the screen is not important, you know you can write whatever you want in the stringtable and change the "word" we see at screen thousand of times....
thats not the name of the building , i kinda mean the name of the template file (for example : template/KidLogHouse1.rsc if it renamed KidNewLogHouse1.rsc... it will crash unless it has been destroyed before switching the mod version in windata)

there is some little details like that along with having a texture in a building which texture doesnt exist anymore... that too will trigger a crash.

embx61

So if I change the PKM file of my Unified Mod and only add stuff to it without deleting the old textures or changing building name resource files it will not crash?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on May 08, 2017, 06:18:01 AM
So if I change the PKM file of my Unified Mod and only add stuff to it without deleting the old textures or changing building name resource files it will not crash?

exact

a good example : NMT 2.0
when i am doing nmt 3.0 parts, all the changes i am doing in 3.0 are also changing the ones in NMt20 :)
and it is not the same name.pkm, although the canal pieces and building names are the same, i didnt make disappeared any pre existing texture... the game still know what is a NMCwater1.png or .rsc... so doesnt crash :)