News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Quote from: assobanana76 on February 01, 2021, 03:30:38 AM
But I really don't understand how the 3 mods of KID (animals, people and boats) which are purely decorative can conflict with those of RK ..

Most of the modders have put their mods inside a community menu. From there on you can find them under each modders personal submenu. That is why they show conflicting because community menu file is added to each mod under it. But they work ok with each other for the most part. Some are start options specific so you need to play a bit with the mod order.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

assobanana76

Quote from: Gatherer on February 01, 2021, 03:31:55 AM
Welcome back @assobanana76 !!! Hope everything is well with you and your family.

Thanks!
We all right. In Italy there was only a "hard" lockdown that lasted a couple of months.
For the rest, the State has decided to divide us into regions that limited or freed up travel and daily life based on the contagion indexes of the individual region, blocking the movement between regions.
Fortunately, none of us were affected by the virus and we were able to discover and take advantage of smart working from home.
Fortunately for me, it coincided with the move to a new home and left me free time for all the last finishes of a building renovation that lasted months due to the blockade of construction sites during the lockdown.
Now it seems that the data is better and for two days a week I am forced to go back to the office but we are still few.
You? Everything good?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: Gatherer on February 01, 2021, 03:37:24 AM
Most of the modders have put their mods inside a community menu. From there on you can find them under each modders personal submenu. That is why they show conflicting because community menu file is added to each mod under it. But they work ok with each other for the most part. Some are start options specific so you need to play a bit with the mod order.

I put RK on top, then the "mods" that fix fog, transparency etc ..
then those of DS relating to storage and finally those of KID decorative.
Seems to work for now !! But I'm just starting out, I've just put down essential vanilla crops, houses and services (woodcutter, forester etc).
I hope I don't crash when I add some RK buildings.
I got over the crash that completely stuck my PC by eliminating the "unlimited crash and quarry" .. shame !! :)
It was the only trick I allowed myself to use because I always hated the footprint that cannot be removed when they are exhausted!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Welcome back @assobanana76. Always nice to see another "oldie".

I think I can give you some good news.

The mines in RKEd are not unlimited but upgradeable and last that way long. You can also delete them and use the levelling tool to reclaim the ground if you don´t want them on the first spot anymore. So no need for "cheat mods".

In RKEd flax and cotton grow wild in the woods. You can pick them manually or use a herbalist. So you can make vegan clothing right from the start if you want to. You will need one more step in the tailor shop; making cloth and linen but it works just fine.

As Gatherer says, red in the mod list doesn´t mean incompatibility. Most newer mods work fine together but I would be a bit careful with your old favourites, especially if they aren´t made for this version of Banished. Load order may be important in some cases, here you need to test and if something doesn´t work, try it another way or ask here. There are expert for such things on this site.

If you want to learn more about Kids often very lovely mods you can check Abandons blogs. She always tests a few mods at the time, so you can get a good picture of what you want to use there.

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on February 01, 2021, 11:20:28 AM
Welcome back @assobanana76. Always nice to see another "oldie".

I think I can give you some good news.

The mines in RKEd are not unlimited but upgradeable and last that way long. You can also delete them and use the levelling tool to reclaim the ground if you don´t want them on the first spot anymore. So no need for "cheat mods".

In RKEd flax and cotton grow wild in the woods. You can pick them manually or use a herbalist. So you can make vegan clothing right from the start if you want to. You will need one more step in the tailor shop; making cloth and linen but it works just fine.

As Gatherer says, red in the mod list doesn´t mean incompatibility. Most newer mods work fine together but I would be a bit careful with your old favourites, especially if they aren´t made for this version of Banished. Load order may be important in some cases, here you need to test and if something doesn´t work, try it another way or ask here. There are expert for such things on this site.

If you want to learn more about Kids often very lovely mods you can check Abandons blogs. She always tests a few mods at the time, so you can get a good picture of what you want to use there.

thanks for the "oldie"  ;D

very good for quarries and mines !!
really great news!

as far as linen and cotton are concerned, I had actually noticed that lately. although I don't know how long people can survive the winter covered with cotton and linen. but I'll try anyway!

for now no problem even if I realized, looking at my old screenshots on Steam, that I forgot some mods that I really liked .. but surely adding them in the race would create problems. shame..

where can I find the blog you described to me?

thank you!

Nilla

You can add mods along the way, after you´ve started a game. I always do. Maybe not major mods like CC, never tried that but I never have problems adding smaller mods. And my guess is that if there are problems, these would happen also if I loaded them from the start.

Unfortunately/luckily there´s not one blog from Abandoned, it´s a lot of blogs. Look in the blog section and you will find them.

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on February 03, 2021, 01:17:05 AM
You can add mods along the way, after you´ve started a game. I always do. Maybe not major mods like CC, never tried that but I never have problems adding smaller mods. And my guess is that if there are problems, these would happen also if I loaded them from the start.

Unfortunately/luckily there´s not one blog from Abandoned, it´s a lot of blogs. Look in the blog section and you will find them.

considering that I am in the 5th year I am seriously considering starting all over by adding CC from the beginning.
In this case, you recommend RK first and then CC, right?
And what is the latest version of CC? On Steam I saw a CC: Journey .. is it the latest version?
thanks!

howmuch666666

Hello and Thanks for register!

kid1293

Hi there!   ...and welcome.

brads3

Quote from: assobanana76 on February 03, 2021, 03:37:07 AM
Quote from: Nilla on February 03, 2021, 01:17:05 AM

considering that I am in the 5th year I am seriously considering starting all over by adding CC from the beginning.
In this case, you recommend RK first and then CC, right?
And what is the latest version of CC? On Steam I saw a CC: Journey .. is it the latest version?
thanks!

yes the latest CC is the journey. it is the only 1 upgraded to 1.07,well except the MM.make sure you have the latest 1.07 upgrade to Banished. older versions of CC will work but they will use the old limit flags. the items won't work between older and newer mods,hoever.

the RKEC has many advantages. more wild animals and lots of other goodies too. food processors will increase food outputs since RED balanced things  differently than the CC. depending on what you plan to build, you might try the RKEC and later add the CC with it.

assobanana76

Quote from: brads3 on February 08, 2021, 09:34:36 AM
yes the latest CC is the journey. it is the only 1 upgraded to 1.07,well except the MM.make sure you have the latest 1.07 upgrade to Banished. older versions of CC will work but they will use the old limit flags. the items won't work between older and newer mods,hoever.

the RKEC has many advantages. more wild animals and lots of other goodies too. food processors will increase food outputs since RED balanced things  differently than the CC. depending on what you plan to build, you might try the RKEC and later add the CC with it.

I finally opted for a few essential mods and in this order:
- mods that modify structural parts like NoFog and Translucent
- @RedKetchup EC
- CC: Journey
- mods that add stalls and other market and storage
- @Discrepancy Jetty and bridges
- @kid1293 mod deco which add people, animals, boats

No crashes for now, but I'm only in my second year and I've only really built the essentials.
Fingers crossed for the future also because the mod list is practically all red except the first mods ..
:o

brads3

be careful when building townhalls or trade posts. save the game when you lay these out. there have been some crashes when clicking on these before the construction is completed.  RED made a patch that has helped fix this with NECORA's mods. however,i have seen reports of it with CC. i did have 1 earlier today when i clicked ona trade post. i did have RED's patch so was quite unexpected and wiped out the entire year.

assobanana76

Quote from: brads3 on February 10, 2021, 03:01:49 PM
be careful when building townhalls or trade posts. save the game when you lay these out. there have been some crashes when clicking on these before the construction is completed.  RED made a patch that has helped fix this with NECORA's mods. however,i have seen reports of it with CC. i did have 1 earlier today when i clicked ona trade post. i did have RED's patch so was quite unexpected and wiped out the entire year.
does this only happen if I click on them while they are under construction?  if i wait for them to finish building them don't crash even without RK pacth?
And where can I found this patch? Is it a mod here in download section?

brads3

the patch does not work all the time. i did have a recent crash. if you let the construction finish, then you can avoid the crashes.

wacko1

thanks to redketchup i can finaly get on here ;-)