News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

assobanana76: New Las Vegans

Started by assobanana76, January 08, 2015, 04:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

I need your help and any suggestions!
I arrived at the 30th year and I'm in black crisis!
crisis, mainly, iron .. but also for food and firewood ..

it all started when I had to demolish and rebuild all Red's medieval houses that I had for load the new version for the "problem of pixels"
this has led to any new home and then new couples with its aging population that has not allowed a proper population growth and consequent lack of workers.
I had to close the school for having arms working but it was not enough!

mine does not produce enough iron and therefore I have a crisis of tools. I solved by stopping the medieval blacksmith and building the vanilla blacksmith making him build "crude tools" but not enough!
I stopped building buildings that need iron but not enough!

I do not have enough farmers and so they are always at the limit of food with risk starvation!

I have 7 forester and 4 woodcutter and do not produce enough firewood!
I calculated 21 houses x 70 firewood = 1470 firewood / 4 = 368 log
and 7 forester fail to produce it!

I have no goods to be exchanged if not wax!

i'm stuck !!

how you proceed?

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

why do you want wax ? what is its purpose ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 13, 2015, 02:00:16 AM
why do you want wax ? what is its purpose ?
no, the wax is the only resource that I do not absolutely need!
for the moment I do not know what to do and therefore is the only bargaining chip that I use in the trading post!
in the future will serve to make candles that will double the life of the mine, transforming it into a deeper mine (CC: EA)
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

I think you put a little bit too much effort on your beautiful design and many mods. Maybe you should have practised a bit first, building a normal, well working settlement, just to understand the dynamics of the game. You might have some logistic problems. LOGISTIC!!!! That's the most important thing. Short ways.

First advice; start the school, at once! There's a big penalty using uneducated workers, specially where you have problems. (iron, stone, tools, clothing, firewood)

Leave the crude tools, OK you need little iron but they don't last long. They need much more tools than if you produce iron tools or steel tools. Very uneconomic.

Your calculation with the wood is for educated worker, if the woodcutter are uneducated it's much less. But even than you normally don't need 4 woodchoppers for firewood to the houses. There must be some logistic problems; Woodcutter, stockpile with logs or market with logs and houses should be close. The charcoalburner is very efficient (maybe you don't like him because it's quite ugly) but needs much less wood if you are short on wood.

Your farms are very small, make bigger farms, one farmer can easily harvest a field of 120 squares. But don't forget the barns and the homes for the farmers close.

Wax is good to sell. Better to sell the wax than to produce candles and sell. But you need something more to sell because wax is only worth 1 and the productivity low. 

assobanana76

thanks a lot Nilla!
very useful tips !!
so precise that is important to a point by point reply!

you're absolutely right about the perhaps excessive number of mods (almost 30) but in my defense I can say, in 30 years, to have used pretty much just 3 .. I left groped by "medieval houses" Red, from "storage shed" and "flatten terrain tool." everything else is vanilla!

I must admit, blushing, to know a little about the dynamics of the game .. I have two city behind (failed for other reasons). the problem is that every time I make early rookie mistakes .. and this time I have committed several!

the school in fact is already built and it worked for the first 5 years. then I had to close it when, for the demolition / reconstruction of houses total, I have had many deaths from old age and I needed work arms. was perhaps the first big mistake!

regarding the crisis of tools take your advice to build crude tools at least as long as I will have a reserve equal to the number of workers then I'll try to get back to the iron tools. meanwhile only build wooden houses that do not require iron.

honestly I never considered the charcoalburner. is CC: EA right? would be a great alternative to compensate for the lack of education until he grows a woodcutter educated!

regarding crops / orchards was a calculation done keeping in mind that I use small maps and I want to produce all 13 crops and all 13 orchards.
I do not know why but CC: EA has reduced the size of the fields to the farmer. 7x7 is the maximum size for the farmer. 8x8 already puts default 2 farmers .. if I were to change now I should start all over again totally changing my whole project. I had calculated that with 13 + 13 from 7x7 I bypassed the needs final totals of food. perhaps what weighs you, as you say, the fact that they are ignorant farmers for the moment).

with regard to the wax, it will be used to make candles only when I have to build deeper quarry / mine. for the rest of the time will be used as a bargaining chip. Usually I use firewood that is 4. and in this city also use wool (yes I know .. is paradoxical in a vegan city) of animals died of old age! and it is worth 5! when I saw the wool in the market I rubbed my eyes !! I could not believe it! and did not understand how he had to enter the city !! occult market from hidden carnivores?? ;D
then watching the fenceless pasture of llama I saw wool on the ground! as they were dying of old age left the wool that the laborer gathered!
I do: I buy two animals at a time, I build the fenceless pasture and put a breeder to work. when pasture reaches the maximum capacity of animals take off workers and animals continue to reproduce even beyond the maximum capacity (I came up with 12 on 9 of llama) and then die of old age after many years. when they are all dead, expect a merchant take me another two animals to start over.

12 llama in a pasture maximum capacity 9:

wool from llama died of natural die of old age:

in summary:
1. reactivate the school!
2. not construct buildings with iron until ...
3. I have a supply of crude tools (and then I go back to iron tools)
4. build a charcoalburner least until woodcutter will be educated.
5. wanting to keep 7x7 activate all 33 fields built.
6. forget else ??

chillzz

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 14, 2015, 01:55:16 AM
regarding crops / orchards was a calculation done keeping in mind that I use small maps and I want to produce all 13 crops and all 13 orchards.
I do not know why but CC: EA has reduced the size of the fields to the farmer. 7x7 is the maximum size for the farmer. 8x8 already puts default 2 farmers .. if I were to change now I should start all over again totally changing my whole project. I had calculated that with 13 + 13 from 7x7 I bypassed the needs final totals of food. perhaps what weighs you, as you say, the fact that they are ignorant farmers for the moment).

7x7 is actually a terrible size for cropfields, orchards etc.
take a look at the cropfield calculator, http://banishedinfo.com/t/Size_calculator , orchard calculator and pasture calculator.
It will give you maximum performance size and amount of workers needed.

Of course this calculator is for unmodded crops / fields. so with Better filelds , CC , or tweaked crops it might slightly differ.

By modding the orchard/pasture/fields  the game won't calculate how much workers are needed for the size. that is up to you now.
but a 15 x 8, 12,10, 10x12, 8x15 will give you  840 food per worker. 11x11 even 847.
If workers are educated, live near field, storage nearby, enough tools etc.

i usually have 10x12 or 8x15 fields with one worker.. most crops are fully harvested before snow/ice .
If you notice crops stay longer (after winter sets in)  add another farmer to the field.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

assobanana76

I know ..
I have in mind the calculator but apparently CC: EA has upset these numbers considering the "better field" and "dense orchard."
for which a 8x8 = 64 requires two workers ..
i do not know why ..
I did the calculation accordingly considered the limited space of a small map and the fact that I wanted to build a total of 46 ..
I might consider doing larger fields resizing gradually that I purchase new seeds .. until you get to 7x7 when I shall all ..
7x15? so do not have to twist everything ..
would be enough to combine two current crops.
and I would have almost the maximum for a worker (8x15)
I could rise from 343 to 735!!
great idea @chillzz!! thanks!!
and If I not wrong, in fact currently I only have the seeds for squash, broccoli, plums and olives

chillzz

7x15 will output around 735 with 1 worker. so yeah would be okay.
usually i pick an even number for fields (8x15, 10x12 etc) or larger due to "better fields"
for max output (with 1 or 2 extra workers depending on size and crop)

for orchards i always take an odd number since better fields arranges the trees differently (closer to the edge)
so 3x15, 5x15 etc. 

assobanana76

Quote from: chillzz on April 14, 2015, 04:51:27 AM
7x15 will output around 735 with 1 worker. so yeah would be okay.
usually i pick an even number for fields (8x15, 10x12 etc) or larger due to "better fields"
for max output (with 1 or 2 extra workers depending on size and crop)

for orchards i always take an odd number since better fields arranges the trees differently (closer to the edge)
so 3x15, 5x15 etc.
about the dense orchards is not considered by the calculator .
with a normal orchard seem worse passage from 7x7 to 7x15 .
I should give it a try .. a 7x7 with uneducated farmer gives me 399 per year.

chillzz

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 14, 2015, 04:55:00 AM
about the dense orchards is not considered by the calculator .
with a normal orchard seem worse passage from 7x7 to 7x15 .
I should give it a try .. a 7x7 with uneducated farmer gives me 399 per year.
the "Better Fields" Orchards give you much more trees since it only has 1 spacer row and starts at the edges.
as illustrated in the 2nd picture.

regular 15x4  would output give optimal food 520 per 1 worker.
in "better fields" that would be a 15x3 for the same amount.

chillzz

Oh and don't forget : recommended amount of workers as 'suggested' by the game is just a mere suggestion ;)

try 15x3 (cc / better fields)  with one worker and see what the output is.
Then add 1 worker, if its a better result, let the extra farmer stay.. if not, give that farmer a new orchard or field.

assobanana76

where did u find the better field (orchard) calculator?
what about a 7x15, for not destroy all the city's geometry?

chillzz

well the "better field" image isn't a calculator, but just an impression on where the trees are planted as an indication.
Each green square is a tree, which i applied on top of the regular calculator.

so no info of output, workers etc. just an indication.
looking at 7x15 with better fields (and i believe CC has the same values)  it would give you 32 trees
which is around 12x15 regular. = 1260 food / 2 workers = 630 per worker.

chillzz

and you could do two 15 x 3 with a road inbetween on the same space as 7x15.
two different fruit/nuts at same space, with 1 worker per orchard.

assobanana76

Quote from: chillzz on April 14, 2015, 05:31:44 AM
and you could do two 15 x 3 with a road inbetween on the same space as 7x15.
two different fruit/nuts at same space, with 1 worker per orchard.
you read my mind!
exactly what I just thinking!!
in all this way I can double up the crops/orchards   production with the same number of farmers!!
really thanks!!