Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Farmyards Continued

Started by kid1293, February 10, 2020, 02:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

@assobanana76
Adding them should be okay.
Removing them could pose a problem. (forgotten, extra resources in some barns are not there. Crash)

assobanana76

Quote from: kid1293 on March 04, 2021, 06:47:48 AM
@assobanana76
Adding them should be okay.
Removing them could pose a problem. (forgotten, extra resources in some barns are not there. Crash)
sorry. My English is not perfect..
if I understand it well, adding them to a saved game should not crash unless, after I have them built, I remove them, right?
what I have often asked myself .. if the game crashes, can I always go back to a previous save by disabling the mod that caused it? (game on Steam)
thanks!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Abandoned

@assobanana76   You understood right  :)  It should be safe to add Farmyards to a saved game, just do not remove.

Glenn

Yes the game crash will happen when the mod you removed has produced something that is still in the game.

So if you add a farmyard that produces an item such as a potato, and the potato is in a barn then the game will crash - the mod is gone but the item (potato) is still there.

Gatherer

Even if code for farmyard potato is copied directly from the vanilla game file?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Glenn

You're correct,  if it is a vanilla copy resource then I imagine the game wouldn't crash if a mod is removed.

I was only using potato as an example, but the principle remains the same - if a removed mod leaves an item behind then the game generally crashes and you need to go back to a saved game before the mod was added.

I find that adding mods to a saved game is generally not a problem, ( depending on what it is) but removing them can be.

assobanana76

thank you so much!
this greatly changes the perspective!
many times after a crash, the only answer i had was to punch the screen !!  ;D
now I understood what the problem was !!  8)

does it matter in what order I put it in the list of mods already active?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Glenn

Yes and No

You may have two mods producing the same item and the one on top of the list order will override the lower mod.
Kid has seedling producing mods as does an old CC greenhouse mod - if the old CC mod is above Kid's mod then the icon changes colour and the value is reduced to comply with the CC mod.
Other effects can be seen in the task bar where the icons do not display correctly and only show dots.

However, I find in the majority of cases simply adding a mod to the bottom is the best way to go, but  you should check as anything is possible - check, save, exit and restart the game.

assobanana76