News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4: Foxfield

Started by brads3, October 25, 2020, 05:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

There is a serious misjudgement in RK's fodder huts.
The thatch spawns flowers, but the forester does not gather flowers. Soon the flowers will take over from the thatch.
Manually gather flowers only gives you tons of useless flowers...

Abandoned

@brads3 We thought we had a good selection of animal feed, some to collect and some to grow.  I had no problem with Wildlife start grass (thatch) other than having enough laborers to collect it and get it to the sheds.  But without Wildlife Start I would have no thatch at all.  Kid grass has only deco flowers, none to collect.  We think alike, I thought of a grass patch for animal sheds plus, a thatch forester would work good too.  There will be an update.

Farmyards mod is full.  Maybe someday a farmyard 2  :)  I could think of more to add also and I have note about flax.  You use Ghost Town patch, also the hedgerow in Abandoned Places produces flax and Settlers has a flax patch.

My solution to farm animals suddenly appearing is start people brought them, that nomads brought them, they find strays, or the river boatman brought a few.  Kid Deco Farm Animals work great for pictures.  Also for farmyard I use the deco vegetable so it looks as if there is a little something to harvest in the winter - not just bannie working an empty patch.

Good to know you had no problem with output from animal sheds.

brads3

oh there is a good collection. too much,LOL. i have to pick which mods to use in order to have enough memory. soo many mods have  afew pieces i want from each.

RED did say he needed to come back someday and fix the fodder,since it does die off. the older/original thatch was a shorter grass. much easier to see things with. i tried several ways to keep that grass but in the end we'd give up the wild animals for it. i had corn and other crops with the farmyards to feed with.

i do like the extra options YOU and KID made for the colonial city and the xmas and tiny even.some as houses and others to function works well. i like using KID's garden pieces like the flax or beekeeprs. they make good fillers. i don't use the painted houses often. they don't fit most of my towns.they did well with the colonial city parts. with my order, the flax garden is the only way to be sure which flax i have for tailors.

i have done that as well. use the deco oats to make some extra fields to feed the animals. and the fodder makes hay for them.

i do have KID's bison in the wild. they look more wild than the domesticated RK's. it is neat that some things can be done by tweaking the order. his patches have helped. with KID's education patch i can run the RK and DS IND without much issue.

Abandoned

;D ya, too many.  I have 326 files in windata folder.   there will be more.   :)

The painted houses did look good on this map.  That cracked paint texture was so cool looking we just had to use it in a mod.  Uneducated patch is good when taking a lot of nomads.  It is fun combining different mods for different situations.

brads3

i'll mention this here for ABANDONED. the thatch and flowers- RED did adjust them along the way. main problem is the fodder/thatch grass doesn't continue to spawn but the flowers do come back. we have more flowers than we can use. if the thatch did re-spawn, we might end up with too much of it.at 1 time,i think RED changed it, the flowers did spawn the berries.

on my maps ,the houses burrn any extra thatch. KID's FO nat div mod deals with that. if you had lots of thatch and weren't using it for the stables and greenhouses, it would be nice to have more options. the animal pens will help some. maybe a stables that could be used for trading animals.KID already made the deco horses and cattle. you coud feed this the thatch and trade the newborns.

not sure what ideas she might have or be working on. but the thatch mod has  been known to go from 1 extreme to another. too much flowers to thatch to fertilizer.

there is a write up bout which trees spawn which food. have not found it in a long time. birch spawn different than oaks or pines,etc. not all forests,even modded 1's, give the same foods as outputs. it is neat that they give a variety. LUKE did hardcode a few things that make the game interesting and fun. not sure how much affect on them the modders do have.

Abandoned

@brads3  Kid will not make a stable to add trade horses.  They are not from his mods and only his Wildlife Starts and Westward Ho start have grass/thatch (no flowers).  He will not add something that would require other mods to be used.  Animal Sheds plus will be a use for thatch from his starts and will have update with thatch patch and forester (no flowers) if those start mods are not used.  There are plenty of trade goods including excess flowers and thatch  :)  New and different trade items may be added to future Kid mods, but not trade horse.