News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Elnor

Started by brads3, July 12, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Nice to see the Rock Quarry in use :)

let me know if there are any problems. Most values like work time are as Vanilla except that the Quarry is smaller and can take less stone cutters (Up to 12 I believe) and 6000 stone, 3x as much as Vanilla can be cut before running out.

The Rock Quarry have the fasted elevator in banished :)  :D
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

it is a unique piece.normally you wouldn't want a quarry in the center of town, but in this case with the upgrade you do. it will keep that town busy while the population grows.i think it will fit good with Necora's colorful houses.

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

population 271 with 50% educated in 79 houses.without a market for sherbrooke or the forests health has dropped half a star.happiness is 3 stars.there is a population boom with 93 children.
            production of food held up well with the larger nomad group.we do need more herbs and logs.crop fields need some adjusting as there is more corn and less vegetables.most of the textile limit is the marble.with the older CC there are items under 1.06 limits.other than pelts,textiles are behind as clothing is being traded.

phase 1 was the indian village. they are stable except the log cart is filling with coal.if there was firewood,they would like a smokehouse for the fish.
      phase 2 was the CC fort and production area.now that some items are stocked,more of the fort pieces can be built.more workers will be needed at the mines.
      phase 3 the port royal fort and sherbrooke. while the children go to school,lumber can be stockplied for future houses.it won't need much for the next 10 yrs.

3 phases took 40 yrs.10 more than the goal. once more work at the fort is completed,i can work toward phase 4.i count 10 phases.some are long and will need more materials.

pic 1: yr 40 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: citizen and food graphs

brads3

YEAR 40

trading adjusted,crops adjusted,2 houses built for more miners and more mine and quarry workers added.then the blockhouse and musket range can be built.a work camp and forward will go near the south walls.a school will be built for the production workers before the children become students.the star fort corners can be finished as more cannons are made.the gem cutter and jeweler are also completed.

the quartermaster brings in the military supplies. they can be traded and used by the blockhouse to produce other items.the musket range inputs silver pfenning and hardtack and outputs a variety of useful items.the work camp will require pfenning and iron tools.i need a few more cannons to build the forward post.it will input muskets and uniforms.these have been adjusted in the modular set to alter their inputs and outputs.they are also easier to build.i did report to CC that their were issues with some parts not storing the needed items.hence,the reason i am using the CC NFT 1.06.i still use the modular below the CC so the indians can use their teepees and huts. overall it is a nice way to use the pieces that otherwise would just be decorative buildings.

pic 1: gemsmith and jeweler
pic 2: fort chain 1, piece inputs
pic 3: fort work camp takes in silver pfenning and iron tools

brads3

YEAR 41-43

I'll add more to the fort.some will have to wait for cannons or muskets.to get to phase 4,i need to stretch the map south.it will take a while but the plan is to build east of the river before heading elsewhere. 1st step is going to be getting there. a group of 22 settlers will move south and build farms.they wil need to build a 2nd barracks to the fort while they work to clear some land.

now that the bannies have cleared land and ran the road down,houses can be built.another large pasture and orchard will go south of the bison.as far out as they are working,i want to keep 20 laborers and 10 builders.the barracks will be empty.2 more crop fields are cleared.as workers graduate they can be planted.as i stretch this map,i want to add 1 workplace per house.they can be enabled later.this should help speed things along.

by spring,the math says we need 3 more houses.they can be built,a fishing pier,and another field cleared.the road stretches farther south and a bridge extends the road west.

pic 1: tropical greenhouse to use bonemeal
pic 2: 2nd barracks
pic 3:fort outputs
pic 4: farms stretch south

brads3

YEAR 44-47

these 23 nomads can start phase 4.the road has been stretched south.more land needs to be  cleared so i can see.the builders can start on housing.they came to build a mission near a castle between the south lakes.   a hostel,school,,infirmary,smith,tailor,and kitchen are finished.SLINK's markets will bring supplies.the main wall is started as well. they say they have others coming to join them and will continue to expand past the castle between the lakes.

a cemetary and sheep pasture are cleared.some flowers have been planted. a beekeeper works the apple trees.a brewery is set up.it does store the honey but won't store herbs.the castle and church will take some time to build.

pic 1: mission gate and housing.
pic 2:sheep pasture,bee keeper, and some decorations
pic 3: an overview

brads3

YEAR 48

More builders have been assigned to get the church and castle completed.a strawberry greenhouse and a hothouse to grow mangos are built.  the mission is stable.there is room to expand later.

nomad groups come and go but they are larger. once they get above 40 or 50 at a time,it takes a long time and resources to deal with them.the castle took 3000 labor hours which slowed progress.     

pic 1: mission church and kitchen
pic 2: stone castle works as a townhall.
pic 3:crop and greenhouse area.
pic 4: more houses and storage near the quiet park

brads3

YEAR 49

Population has grown and more houses are needed.the fort was able to plant tobacco but the dryer needs crates.most of the surplus items are moving thru the traders.there is a lot of marble stored.the traders continue to bring in some seeds and firewood.there has been some building materials stashed away.
        for now i want to increase the miners and quarry workers.this should improve the iron outputs.the multi-mine and quarry are unlimited.they also yield stone,coal,and iron at the same time.the safety mod helps lower the death rates of them as well.the multi and unlimited doesn't override other mines or quarries but the safety does help them.

the cooper will be built to make the crates. to supply it,a RK-vanilla forest set with gathering hut and hunter will be added between the northeast lakes.construction will continue into year 50.sherbrooke did double their foresters.the sawmill added 1 worker to speed up firewood.

pic 1:tobacco dryer and field
pic 2:cooper to make crates
pic 3:more miner houses,these huts only allow the couple 1 child
pic 4:an rk forest set to supply logs

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

POPULATION 365 in 105 houses with 57% educated.health down a star.happiness up half a star.firewood is being used .trading does need some adjusting.

the health drop is due to grain not getting to the sherbrooke forest.a food market is needed there and more grain fields.more herbs are needed also.the happiness gain is hard to figure.the churches are full.there are happy bannies mixed from the indian village to the farm center.again they are 3 stars or all.no middle ground.you would think each village or area would reach a balance of its own.happy bannies live with unhappy mates,or 3stars.i have tried a few things such as the indians have mead but no church,other areas have a church but no ale or mead.it is a mystery and the bannies don't seem bothered by it.

the mining shack houses have slowed the population growth.they have just enough room for a couple and 1 child.the indian village is starting to age as well.

the mission could have taken a small set of nomads but not the large 75 group.still phase 4 in 50 years.i do hope you all don't get confused by me traveling from 1 zone to another.if you don't fall asleep or fall out of trees ,you should be able to keep up.sherbrooke is showing some graduates at the fort and forest.they can build some larger houses.

building in different areas this way does bring a couple challanges.mainly trying to deal with population growths of each.for now working a year here or there works.as there are more areas that won't work very well though.also,the farther away the areas are the less the bannies want to cooperate.they will drag their feet and be slower.the CC fort needs cloth to be completed.that will help except the mining and production area will need to expand.

so far no major issues.just a slight head scratcher with the honey.these modders  do things to make sure i am payng attention.the stable fail is weird cause the pine mod is high in mod order and uses domestic animals.the stable mod will get moved up with it.

is anyone lost yet?

pic 1: yr 50 stats,also gives the CC fort inputs.
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:  food and citizen graphs

brads3

YEAR 50

the builders can finish working on the RK forest.the laborers can head north to sherbrooke and see what needs to be done.they claim they need 3 houses,the math says 7 for the map.2 markets would help increase their health.an EB food market for the forest and an herbalist.  a sherbrooke market for the town.they will build a church and a dairy and butcher.while they are there they can clear trees and rocks from the the town center.

the builders worked til spring, but that was some progress.housing is minus 2 and laborers show +3.

pic 1: sherbrooke forest outputs.note the tiny is collecting the Flora items.it also lists more items than most gatherers.you can see the difference in the trees of the maples and the vanilla forest farther north.

pic 2: SB church and town center
pic 3: butcher and dairy for the goats, that city butcher is handy. it doesn't override the rustic wood butcher, but can be used in different villages.

brads3

YEAR 51-53

with extra workers,farms can start to work south of the CC fort.this will lead to phase 5. a group of 46 settlers arrive.probably the smallest size i will get, so they will go to work.they can start clearing land to the west of the mission.30 workers with 16 children.they fill both barracks and the mission hostel leaving 2 homeless.
       they are western pioneers.they have plans to build a wild west town between the small stream and main river.phase 5 has 2 parts.they also plan a small fort in the crook of the main river.this will take some time.the town needs to stretch south then west to the river.of course then i run into a mountain.
       they get a school,market,and mayors office built.2 workers begin to dredge the stream for gold and silver ore.

pic 1:farms south of CC fort.even thou this area will expand,i get a housing shortage in the next few years.
pic 2: start of a wildwest town
pic 3:town center of the WW

brads3

YEAR 54

many houses are added,the post office,a deed office,and undertaker.these house options that look like offices or shops are quite handy and a neat way to add some different buildings.a tailor and EB leatherworks will supply coats and saddles.soon they will have a pasture of texas longhorns.
           while construction continues,there is a major tool shortage.adjustments had been made and the log and stone counts are good.we aren't out of anything.evidently materials are moving slow.at least  everyone has a home.

this mod set or sets has some neat parts. 1st the unique housing options. something KID came up with that has a lot of potential. they do help make the town look like a town more than just building normal houses.this would work for a cobbler,books store,etc. more of these type houses in say a colonial town,medieval, or nordic,etc. it is a cool way to bring different buildings into the game without having to add items or change functions.
        2nd.this is actually 2 different modders more if you count RED's meat producers.most is KID's but EB adds larger farm houses and the leather and saddle chain to it.it fits the era since you would need someone to repair the saddle,reins or bridles, and your boots.

pic 1:WW office housing.
pic 2: EB leather chain,
pic 3: yr 55 stats and the RK forest outputs.that hunter has a few bad years.seems to be the ruff terrain and being tucked up against the map edge and a lake,so there is less wild animals passing by. the gatherer has  good outputs.note 7 different items for a total of over 1000 food.as we deal with a lack of tools,we are also falling behind on housing.

brads3

YEAR 55-57

counting the houses and the workplaces,most everyone in the wildwest town is busy.must be a population boom or run of graduates somewhere since the labor count shows a huge jump.the pasture can be finished and some clean up arund the center needs done.before the tunnel thru the mountain is started,i will have to find where the extra workers are coming from.
          about 30 workers extra and 25 houses needed.they are mixed between sherbrooke,the farm center,and the mine workers.yes more mines will be needed but not yet.there would be surpluses if i am not careful. the space south of the CC fort needs to be cleared for farms and trading needs to expand as well.

while the farms expand to improve the food production more,a lighthouse and trade post are started. the dock TP is part of the  CC modular sets and will move any item.with my mod setup i am not able to build the main TP. the game crashes wheni place it and click on it. the dock TP is also easier to place since it doesn't reqquire any dry ground.
      the  dock TP can be stocked with marble.2 workers will help move it.the south farms will add more fields and houses.an EB materials market will move logs and other materials toward the fort.a woodchopper will work there to supply this area with firewood.an EB farmers market will organize food and bring meat for the farmers.it will also get a school.this are will help increase the food and improve trading.it is mainly a filler area and can grow as needed.

pic 1: WW pasture waits for longhorns
pic 2:farms south of the CC fort.
pic 3: area expanded adding a school and markets.
pic 4: dock trading post and lighthouse.

brads3

YEAR 58-59

the pasture took long enough with the tool shortage tht i now have a dilema.a housing shortage and workplace shortage.i need about 30 houses and as many workplaces. firewood is being used by the smelters so a large chopper will be added to the CC fort. to supply more logs,the mission will expand and add a forest  to the southeast.
        each time a house is finished 5-8 bannies go homeless and fight over the house.1 couple  moves in and the rest are still homeless.
in the process, they have refilled 1 barracks and the mission hostel.hopefully the plan fixes their issue.

the mission adds a mill and bakery,a library,and begins the eastern walls.a sawmill is set to use the wind off the lake to cut more firewood.a herbalist was built with the FO-ND hunter and gatherer in the CC new tree forest.
       the bannies continue their squabbles over housing and now have single males taking houses even as more live in both barracks.for a moment, they all find a place to sleep ,and then several go homeless again.not sure what is causing the issue as it developed in mid game.i hve seen something similar before but the residency mod that caused it was removed.it seemeed to start after finishing the lighthouse and dock TP.what is bizzarre is the number of bannies it is affecting and how many have returned to living in boardinghouses.

to solve it,i added more dock pieces around the dock storage.the bannies should be able to walk over onto the TP from the barn.after a while of letting the game run, they did stop going homeless.

pic 1:CC fort large wood cutter
pic 2:mission bakery and mill
pic 3:mission FO forest set working a CC new tree forest. to suppy the sawmill

Abandoned

hey @brads3 you have made a lot of progress  :)  I have had some catching up to do.  It is looking very good. Great job managing the different areas.