News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The 100-challenge

Started by Nilla, March 20, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

This is an open challenge, for everyone to try and re try. The present top 3 on each category are listed below.

In my present town, I've just realized how important the start is for the later growth of a settlement. In year 19 my present town has about 250 people less, than the first town I built with the same tactic. The only difference is the start. This made me think of this challenge; It's not a new one, with an interesting tweak. I see it more like an experiment, that I want to make and I hope you want  to join me.

How do we make the fastest, most efficient start? What is important? How much is luck or good choice of the map (i suppose it's better to have many children from the start, but I don't know how much difference it is)

Task
Build a settlement with 100 inhabitants as fast as you can

A - the ultimate speed
No limits. Use any map, any conditions, any mod.

@Chon Waen Winter 7

B - the original
Just one limit; No mods.

@Brugle Early summer 7
@Trizeropz Summer 7
@Nilla Summer 7

C - the hard core
Hard start
No mods
Full education
Full harts
Full stars
Full clothed
No lack of anything essential (food, firewood, clothes, tools)
To prove this you need a city hall

@Brugle Summer 11
@Nilla Late Summer 14
@kee Late Winter 15

D. Adam and Eve

Start with only 2 people (Adam and Eve)
Any other mod allowed, that have no influence on the population growth
Full education at the end of the game
5 stars at the end of the game
5 harts at the end of the game

You can make one or all parts, once or several times. It would be nice if you tell how many children you had from the start. Some screenshots along the way, might also be interesting.

I hope that some of you will find this challenge interesting; if not a challenge than at least as an experiment.

irrelevant

@Nilla  I like this challenge very much; I shall definitely give it a try.

Trizeropz

i will join too. even if im not good at starts. but thats a good training. do you mean 5 stars at the end with 100pop?

chillzz

this sounds like a nice challenge.  100 pop total, or 100 adult ?
give this one a try after the weekend.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Trizeropz

wow, really enjoyed. that was fun! nice challenge!:)

more screens and information tomorrow. need to sleep. good luck
here is my result:
talk about luck^^

Nilla

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 20, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
i will join too. even if I'm not good at starts. but thats a good training. do you mean 5 stars at the end with 100pop?

If you make the C- variation, it´s 5 stars. A and B doesn´t matter.

Quote from: chillzz on March 20, 2015, 07:15:14 PM
this sounds like a nice challenge.  100 pop total, or 100 adult ?
give this one a try after the weekend.

100 people, not adults

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 20, 2015, 09:22:53 PM
wow, really enjoyed. that was fun! nice challenge!:)

more screens and information tomorrow. need to sleep. good luck
here is my result:
talk about luck^^

In Sweden we have a proverb ; "The skilled one has luck!"  ;) :D

Chon Waen

Town Name: Barefoot
Year 7 Winter
Easy Start
Start Pop: 12/0/13
End Pop: 67/0/33
Hearts:5
Stars: 4.5
Clothed:99%
Educated: 18%
No nomads came by.

Aww, ma! We done had our baths last year!

Trizeropz

i used redketchups cheyenne seed because of the big flat map at start.

valleys
large
fair
medium start
no disease

screen 1: i started with 5 crops and only built houses in the first year. foolishly the first 4 was stone houses:D

screen 2: lots more houses, a herbalist, 2 woodcutter, blacksmith. tools enough. food wasnt that great:D but i had enough laborer and crops unused. the herbalist doin well so i set it down from 2 to 1. blacksmith was paused and limit for tools set down to 50. priority was to collect logs

screen 3: a single year i used every crop i had and got a very nice amount. logs and firewood is low the whole time:D herbs more than enough so i set it from 1 to 0. the gatherer wasnt needed till year 9 i dont know why i built him. in winter all the farms are active. after winter i set ALL occupants to collect logs.

screen 4: with the food from year 7 i was able to ignore all my crops and totally concentrate on collect logs and only built houses. no one died so far. i built so much houses in short time and the food going down faster as i thought

screen 5: the last half year i had 0-40 food and i wondered why no one dies of starvation:D in panic i built a 2nd fisherman because it and even though i dont used crops field till year 9 the food was enough^^ the whole year 9 the food was produced from 1 gatherer and 2 fishermen. 1 occupant before finish i got the first dead by starvation and i afraid that i wont get the 100 cause the food was a long time 0 and some guys started to be hungry. on the screen you just see 1 but before the screen there was 6-9 hungry xD but in the end i did it. after the screen i went on and 4 guys die in row by starvation before the next was born. so i really had luck.

challenge was fun. if i would do it again i wouldnt build a fishermen or gatherer. and not 4 stone houses at the beginning. without that i could finished the 100 some earlier. i think maybe year  9 spring.

edit:  i see now that i could start 'easy' instead of 'medium'......shit happens

have fun

Nilla

Quote from: Chon Waen on March 21, 2015, 09:23:15 AM
Town Name: Barefoot
Year 7 Winter
Easy Start
Start Pop: 12/0/13
End Pop: 67/0/33
Hearts:5
Stars: 4.5
Clothed:99%
Educated: 18%
No nomads came by.

Aww, ma! We done had our baths last year!

That´s fast! Impressive! Congratulations! Screenshots, please!

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 21, 2015, 09:32:56 AM

edit:  i see now that i could start 'easy' instead of 'medium'......shit happens

I suppose it´s a big difference between a medium and an easy start; more people to start with,  houses from the start, the first children will be born fast. But if you liked it, make another try.

I started one game, too, as I was tired of my fast town. I have to play some more years, maybe tonight.

Chon Waen

Dang, knew I forgot something! I'll redo it with screenshots and see if I can't get similar results.

I decided to go the unlimited mods route.
The mods that had a major impact were:

NewMaps v4(1.0.4B) by TheChucklesStart
   FlatLand-Arid/Medium Size/Mild Climate
   Disasters Off/Easy Seed 547968630
This seed gave me a lot of flat land, river no creeks, wheat seeds, sheep, and 25 total pop at the start.

RKs New Medieval Town
  Being able to put 48 houses very close to a standard marketplace was huge.
  It also allowed me to build smaller footprint hunting cabins and of course houses attached to tailor/smith

Storage Mod by ScepraX

The 3 "More" mods by Minrathous:
  Iron per ore lump, stone per rock, and wood per tree.
Without these mods I wouldn't have been able to build near as fast, and my town full of dummies would have run out of resources much sooner.

Fast Road Mod Test by Alexander Clarke:
  Also boosted the dummies

Citizen Modification by Mira Moone:
Drops food used/year down some
Probably also helped keep the morons from starving.

All this to keep them Barefoot(and pregnant)!

RedKetchup

ha ! there were some mod in that surely had alot of impact ! :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Trizeropz

Map Seed: 2222
Valleys
Large
No Disease
Fair
Easy
NO Mods
Start 13|0|12
End 71|0|29
Summer 7

That was better:) This time not stone houses at start and 'Easy' instead 'medium'

RedKetchup

too bad we cant do the 10k-challenge ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Trizeropz

why we cant?^^ if irrelevant did 6000 with large map. he could use this mod (dont know the name now) that give you extra large and super large. i dont know hoch much bigger these are but i think you could do that. but just with 1 fps and you would need 12 month;DD

irrelevant

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 21, 2015, 12:32:23 PM
why we cant?^^ if irrelevant did 6000 with large map. he could use this mod (dont know the name now) that give you extra large and super large. i dont know hoch much bigger these are but i think you could do that. but just with 1 fps and you would need 12 month;DD
Uhhh, no. ;D