News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial-Charter-1620-BlackLiquid

Started by assobanana76, October 27, 2014, 06:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purringcat

Watched the grape vines for two years.. I've never seen them grown like that.   Sorry, but they don't look right.   The plants are great with the tendrils, but they
should be grown along lines so they touch each other.   

And I agree with slink - would like to have the option of installing some sections and not all of them.   Seems to work seamlessly though so good job. 

Mahnogard

Quote from: slink on October 27, 2014, 02:20:49 PM
I played with it for two game years, and then realized that I really did not need all those buildings.  I am starting over again with just my own mods and some of @RedKetchup's mods.  It is much more fun for me to mix and match than it is to be handed a whole package, especially now that I am spoiled and can see how the game works.   ;D

I already went through that with T&T and Fountain Mod so I didn't bother to install CC, as impressive as it is. They really have done a great job with it, though. I'm just not an overhaul kind of person, I guess.

I wish they'd release just some of their food crops in a separate package. Not all of them need a production chain to be useful, they'd be fine to just eat, but from what I've seen the comments they have no plans to split anything off. All I'm really wanting to add to my game at this point is a bit more crop diversity. Oh, and a standalone pig mod. Right now I think pigs are only available with CC or ExtraExile.

slink

I guess I'll have to figure out how to rig a pig.  Seriously, that is what they call it when you attach animation bones to a model: rigging.  If you want a pig that just skates around, here is one.  It produces pork and leather when it is slaughtered.

Mahnogard

Quote from: slink on October 27, 2014, 03:00:28 PM
I guess I'll have to figure out how to rig a pig.  Seriously, that is what they call it when you attach animation bones to a model: rigging.  If you want a pig that just skates around, here is one.  It produces pork and leather when it is slaughtered.

Slink's Skating Hogs? Heck yes, I'll take it! :) Thanks!

RedKetchup

but still, overall it seems a very awesome good mod to use. i didnt played banished with it / since months... but if one day i ll do, for sure i ll add this mod, it has everything, but out of the rope thing... eveything is kinda essential. (i did same myself, with books and seedlings, just for fun to add something IMO)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

I have run it with most of the good mods, the only one that I had to remove was SJGL brewery, but maybe I gave it up too fast, the only conflict I had was with the monastery, but I had read it was not a problem, and tested, they both work, they use the same profession, but everything is fine.

My game has run 27 years so far, I even like the trading. My opinion is that by combining it with the non cheat mods the game is better than just with the mod alone, the authors were well aware of the existing mods and chose not to cover the same aspects of the game.

The only problems I have with it are, 1) a lack of player guide to the production chains, I built some building before I had the needed seeds, 2) the large cost of in logs of the outhouse as compared to a wooden house, 20 to 16, 3) the obscure nature of what the back alley dose, 20 logs, 100 coal, 25 rope, for ale, at least that is what I got.

If you want to produce advanced clothing you need to upgrade the taylor, that is also no well described.

Overall, I think that this is a good mod, the visuals for the new crops are very well done, (some might even say awesome), and the mod will leave with something to aim for many years. That is something we can all use, or at least I enjoy striving for more than just population growth.   :)

JamieIdle2.0

I was rather peeved by this mod to be honest. Not that it doesn't work, but because it is another huge mod. I prefer smaller mods and the ability to pick and choose. The mod works well and is well done, but it is kinda overwhelming. Also some things don't really fit Banished well. For such a large mod there needs to be a guide and tech tree.

I wish I had Red's modeling skill. I would remake the things I like as a set of individual mods.

RedKetchup

lol jamieIdle 2.0 ??

lol did you got something bad happening to you first account ? ^^

JamieIdle2.0

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 27, 2014, 10:04:01 PM
lol jamieIdle 2.0 ??

lol did you got something bad happening to you first account ? ^^

I got annoyed and deleted it lol

RedKetchup

rkelly17

Quote from: JamieIdle2.0 on October 27, 2014, 08:41:00 PM
I was rather peeved by this mod to be honest. Not that it doesn't work, but because it is another huge mod. I prefer smaller mods and the ability to pick and choose. The mod works well and is well done, but it is kinda overwhelming. Also some things don't really fit Banished well. For such a large mod there needs to be a guide and tech tree.

I wish I had Red's modeling skill. I would remake the things I like as a set of individual mods.

Isn't that the truth--on both accounts!  ;D

bubbamcgee

I don't see the problem in using the entire mod in game.  If you don't want to use a part of it (just like the fountain mod), then just ignore it and use all the other parts.  I love the mod because it is complex and challenging to the point where I want to play the game again.  Up until the mod was released, I had given up on the game.

snapster

Mahnogard

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 28, 2014, 05:13:37 PM
I don't see the problem in using the entire mod in game.  If you don't want to use a part of it (just like the fountain mod), then just ignore it and use all the other parts.  I love the mod because it is complex and challenging to the point where I want to play the game again.  Up until the mod was released, I had given up on the game.

The problem with that is it's an overhaul, and overhauls are intended to be used as the primary mod, always loaded first, and with few other mods installed alongside. And that's fine, that's what overhauls do, but it could cause a problem if someone only wanted, say, the crops it adds, because it would limit the other mods that they could make use of in their game.

That's not a criticism of the mod, mind you, I'm merely explaining why it can be a problem, and why I tend to not use overhauls in the moddable games I play.

bubbamcgee

I can't say that this mod is an overhaul by any means, nor has it caused any issues with the other mods that I have installed (10+).  And, so far, it plays nice with JamieIdle's excellent trade mod.  I see this mod more as an extension of the existing game, filling in the limited play that was offered at time of the release.  I find the advanced chains and extensive amount of crops, orchards, etc. pushing me to expand for larger towns, feeding more people, trading more, and including every option available.  So far, I have failed miserably at mastering every little detail... unlike the vanilla game.