News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial-Charter-1620-BlackLiquid

Started by assobanana76, October 27, 2014, 06:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapster

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 28, 2014, 08:13:51 PMSo far, I have failed miserably at mastering every little detail... unlike the vanilla game.

Can you elaborate?

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 28, 2014, 05:39:15 PM
What is challenging, bubba?
Sounds like it's challenging figuring out what the tech tree is, absent documentation  ;)

snapster

There is another hope:

Quote from: DeveloperYou can add new buildings, professions, crops, animals, resources, tweak the game balancing, and more.

Plus how can he be failing miserably at mastering details? What does that mean?

I am probably being a little thick. ;) :-[

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 28, 2014, 08:21:35 PM
Plus how can he be failing miserably at mastering details? What does that mean?
I expect it's what I just said, figuring out the tech tree. There are new buildings that use new crops, and these buildings upgrade to further new buildings that use other new crops. No handy reference guide outlining this.

If you've been playing vanilla for several months, this would be confusing. What you have learned, no longer applies.

snapster

And I guess failing miserably means making mistakes like building prematurely, inability to plan or project, etc. The thing is this mod might be pushing things to nearly as far as they can go. I'd really like to know exactly what it does. By the way, what do you think the developer meant regarding tweaking game balancing? Changing outputs and inputs? Someone should focus on game balance. In conjunction with new content, who knows. Something refreshing may emerge. I'm wondering whether this mod also targeted game balance.

irrelevant

Only way to be sure is to download the mod and start a new town. I'm not ready to do that, still having fun with Quatre Bras.

snapster

Because getting responses is too hard. You've got some impressive surpluses in that town, by the way. There might be an artist hidden within you having fun with Quatre Bras; there doesn't appear to be another reason. Those neat grids are pleasing to the eye. Seems a number of you have them.

And bubba just logs off again. :) I might indeed just have to follow your advice.

irrelevant

Well, thanks; I think I detected at least two compliments in there. ;) I truly believe I do have farming figured out.

I really enjoy playing this game; I put a lot into it, and I get a lot out of it.

snapster

You did miss the insult. :) The overarching one I might say. :D

By the way, someone mentioned this mod is aware of other successful mods. Does it assume you'd be running some other mods with it or does it just incorporate them? Would I be missing something the creators did not intend for me to miss if I play only with this mod?

Quote from: Colonial CharterWe recommend a fresh start. However, provided that you add this mod to the top of your load order this mod is compatible with many mods we tested

That answers that.

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 28, 2014, 08:56:50 PM
You did miss the insult. :) The overarching one I might say. :D

I miss lots of insults, some cause I'm a plodder, others deliberately; it's why I still respond to you. ;)

Mahnogard

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 28, 2014, 08:13:51 PM
I can't say that this mod is an overhaul by any means, nor has it caused any issues with the other mods that I have installed (10+). 

Their words, not mine. From one of the mod devs in the comments over there:

Quote"This isn't a mod. It's a gameplay overhaul, and we feel like between this and updates we have planned we'll be touching nearly every file in the game. It is not designed to be compatible with all mods that are out there. It's a fresh experience."

Like I said, it wasn't a criticism of the mod, I was just explaining why I won't install it just to use the parts I'd like (the crops). It isn't meant to be used that way, and I don't want to run into issues now or later.

assobanana76

OK. I'm there!
I started the thread and then disappeared!
I have not been able to try the mod but I'll use it for my next city Vegan, mainly for the 30 new crops and new cotton clothing!
I personally prefer a great mod to dozens of small mod!
I'm going crazy out of 5 forums to keep up to date with all the mods that are created!
so I prefer few but large enough to choose to use what I'm interested!
Also fountain mod I will use it only for decoration and I never dream of building a castle .. at least I hope!
everything else just does not I'll use it ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 28, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
Those neat grids are pleasing to the eye. Seems a number of you have them.
And that would tell you something, if you thought about it. The pretty grids exist for a reason. Form follows function.

bubbamcgee

Snapster and all... Sorry for not replying back earlier.  I have limited time to jump onto the forums and interact. 

To answer the question about mastering things... it is exactly as irrelevant posted earlier.  It is the lack of documentation to know all of the tech tree.  I get started one thing, such as trying to get silk for the tailor.  But, I didn't know if I had to start out with silkbugs or silk cocoons initially... then once I got that figured out, I didn't know that I had to hit an upgrade button on the tailor to actually produce silk based garments.  But, to get the tailor to upgrade meant having rope for the new building, which I did not have yet.  It has been challenging and fun at the same time figuring it out little by little. 

As for the comment that it must be building prematurely or not planning... that is not me.  I am overplanner, laying out my grids, farms, buildings, homes, etc. on paper, then slowly implementing it as resources and citizens are available.  (I have family members that believe that I should have been a city planner.)

RedKetchup

Quote from: bubbamcgee on October 29, 2014, 07:39:59 AM
As for the comment that it must be building prematurely or not planning... that is not me.  I am overplanner, laying out my grids, farms, buildings, homes, etc. on paper, then slowly implementing it as resources and citizens are available.  (I have family members that believe that I should have been a city planner.)

THATS GREAT !

i still even do it when i play civilisation IMO
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .