Can the durability, insulation, tradevalue and production counts be in the choic

Started by donwolfkonecny, March 23, 2019, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donwolfkonecny

I wish all the production choices had the full recipe in them, for example, 4 Firewood [5 fodder] so I know how many it takes and makes. I think it makes 4 firewood same as [1 wood] but I'm not sure.
How many Bison Steaks does 12 Bison make?
How many dried?
How many smoked (however that's a little different because I know smoked are worth 2 when trading). Maybe there could be a $2 to indicate it's trade value?
But my real question is, is a copper tool as durable as iron? as steel? as wood? if not, what are the values and could they all be in the choice, so I know what I"d dealing with? maybe a ^1 for wood ^6 for copper, or whatever value it might be, and copper alloy ^8?
same with clothing, how many it makes and weather value
That would be really great and I'd appreciate it so much :)
I also understand if that would be a lot of work to go make that change to everything but maybe you could do that whenever you work on one.

But I really do want to know the durability ratings on tools please, because I want to know which ones to keep and which ones to make for trading. Thank you!!!

RedKetchup

most of the info you are looking for are in my tooltips.
in the menu bar, we cannot put like 50 words to explain everything. the menu bar would cross from your left side of your screen up to the right edge of your screen.
i tried to give the most info in my enhanced tooltips. when you go in the toolbar, and mouse over the building, my buildings, you can see those tooltips.

here an example : bison steaks / bison..... if you check the tooltip on the butcher, it will give you this:

Butcher cuts meats and makes tier 2 food. Size: 4x6. Cost: 48 lumber, 42 stone, 32 iron. Can make: Tier 2 prepared meats (steaks roasts chops and poultries). Employment: 1-2 butchers. Tips: Very good building to take your raw meats and raw poultry meats and process them to double your protein quantities. From 12 meat you get 18-24 steak (educated = +100%) (Uneducated = +50% only).

about tools: at top you have the cheapest one, which also mean they value less and are less good. and more you go down the list, they are better, value more, last longer. but sometimes when too many recipes, i can't put all in the tooltip. i know i wrote it already 2-3 times... but i will give you the list again:

Wooden tool : use = 50 work units, trade value = 5
Stone tool : use = 75 work units, trade value = 8
Copper tool : use = 90 work units, trade value = 10
Iron tool : use = 100 work units, trade value = 10
Copper alloy tool : use = 160 work units, trade value = 12
Steel tool : use = 200 work units, trade value = 12
Carbonsteel tool : use = 300 work units, trade value = 18
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i know it has been like 4-5 days i didnt continue to write everything of the RKEC wiki ... a little break... but one day it will be done.
sorry ><

donwolfkonecny

Thank you! You know, I have read those tool tips, but once I built the building, I forgot about that tooltip information! lol
Thank you! I will look there first from now on!
There is an RK wiki? What is the link please?

Nilla

Yes, these tooltips are VERY good. I also like very much that the heat costs of the houses are shown. Much appreciated! :)

@donwolfkonecny; if there are no numbers in the toolbar, it´s easy to find out how much wood is used for each log by looking at the menu from the woodcutter: Remember or make a note on how many logs there are in the chopper site inventory. Look at how much the annual production of that site was. Wait a little for the chopper to work. Look again how much more is produced and how much less raw material is left and you´ll know. A tiny bit of math but no rocket science.

RedKetchup

donwolfkonecny

about tools: at top you have the cheapest one, which also mean they value less and are less good. and more you go down the list, they are better, value more, last longer. but sometimes when too many recipes, i can't put all in the tooltip. i know i wrote it already 2-3 times... but i will give you the list again:

Wooden tool : use = 50 work units, trade value = 5
Stone tool : use = 75 work units, trade value = 8
Copper tool : use = 90 work units, trade value = 10
Iron tool : use = 100 work units, trade value = 10
Copper alloy tool : use = 160 work units, trade value = 12
Steel tool : use = 200 work units, trade value = 12
Carbonsteel tool : use = 300 work units, trade value = 18

This "work units" information is very valuable and I have not seen it before. It should be in your wiki / information about the mod.
But even better than being there, would be best of all in the game.

I understand you are concerned about formatting the text in the tool tip.
I personally would WAY rather have the information in the game and have it look a little awkward, then not having the information in the game when I am deciding which item to build.
Could I see what it looks like?

For the blacksmith could you change the text Carbon Tool to "Carbon Tool [1Log+2Iron+4Charcoal] 300Use"
I understand it might be long but that's okay. It's so important and I'd much rather have it in the game so I can compare when shopping, instead of trying to find it elsewhere.
(The trade value I can find in the TradingPost)

Can you tell me the insulation values for clothing?
And maybe consider putting them in the production selections of the Tailor.
Warm Coat [2Leather + 2Wool] 18Warmth" or whatever the value is, I have no idea what the warmth value of warm coat is
Could we please try that? It would be very helpful to know when shopping for what to produce.

And, think of it this way, if you put the values in the selections, you will NEVER HAVE TO TELL THEM TO ANYONE AGAIN! Wouldn't that be wonderful?! lol

Abandoned

sorry but I would find all that information - most  of it unnecessary as far as I am concerned - very distracting in the game.  I keep a notebook with information on mods and items that I can refer to whenever need.  I am sure it would also add to the size of the mods not to mention adding a lot more work for the modders.

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on March 24, 2019, 09:40:13 AM

Can you tell me the insulation values for clothing?
And maybe consider putting them in the production selections of the Tailor.
Warm Coat [2Leather + 2Wool] 18Warmth" or whatever the value is, I have no idea what the warmth value of warm coat is
Could we please try that? It would be very helpful to know when shopping for what to produce.

And, think of it this way, if you put the values in the selections, you will NEVER HAVE TO TELL THEM TO ANYONE AGAIN! Wouldn't that be wonderful?! lol

i like the idea to try to add 50use, 75use, 80use, 100use, 160use, 200use, 300use to BS menus.

but clothing doesnt work much like that, it tend a bit to work like roads which has normal, fast, faster.
the clothing is just : clothing or clothingwarm. there are no "use or workunits" attached to it... is just : clothing or clothingwarm

RawMaterialDescription rawmaterial
{
SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "Dialog/SpriteSheet.rsc";
StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:rawMaterial";
String _name = "LeatherCoat";
String _nameSmall = "LeatherCoatSmall";

int _lowCreateCount = 1; // uneducated
int _highCreateCount = 2; //educated
int _weight = 2; //weight space it takes in a barn
int _createChance = 1; // 1 mean it is create each time it should create an item

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Clothing;

float _carryScale = 0.33; // thats the size of the graphic when citizen holds it in the hands
}

{
String _name = "WoolCoat";
String _nameSmall = "WoolCoatSmall";

int _weight = 2;//weight space it takes in a barn
int _createChance = 1; // 1 mean it is create each time it should create an item

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Clothing;

float _carryScale = 0.33; // thats the size of the graphic when citizen holds it in the hands
}

{
String _name = "WinterCoat";
String _nameSmall = "WinterCoatSmall";

int _weight = 2;//weight space it takes in a barn

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Clothing | ClothingWarm;
bool _preferred = true;

}

unless i find something else , elsewhere... i have no idea for how long it last. (till last year i always thought a clothing was lasting till the citizen die ^^ but people proved me wrong)

donwolfkonecny

Oh okay, interesting! I did not know that about clothing.

All this time I thought wool was clothing warm but from the code it seems it is not! In real life wool is more warm than leather and cotton. Okay I understand it's the game. Personally I think wool clothing should be warm, but then maybe it's more expensive to create (3 wool? 4 wool?). Do you think instead of creating "Wool Coat [2Wool]" it could be "Hide Coat [2Wool]" so that it's very clear what quality a Wool Coat is. That way there would always only be 2 types of clothing Hide and Warm, so it's the the same as the code.

Ideally they wouldn't be "Hide" coat since cotton linen and wool are not hide. So maybe they could be "Coat" and "Warm Coat". Or "Clothing" and "Warm Clothing". But maybe you don't want to change that.

Okay I have to have my daily special request. So here is my daily special request. Since there appears to be no warm clothing from wool when I think wool should be the warmest, could you make me an item the tailor can make "Warm Sweater [4 Wool]" although I don't know whether it should cost 3 4 or 5 Wool, up to you. Thanks! lol
Oh and Also I'd like "Warm Coat [12 Feather]" thanks! lol

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on March 24, 2019, 11:00:59 AM

Oh and Also I'd like "Warm Coat [12 Feather]" thanks! lol

i am very sorry, no way i will put feathers in RKEC ^^ because feathers in CC is crazy and people have tons and tons of feathers. if i would put them i would need to fix that but the real problem comes from people placing CC or MM on top of the list ahead of RKEC which will still give a nonsense tons of feathers.

i enhanced the most of the menu tooltips i could. i still need to verify if those lines fit inside the click and open menu toolbars of each windows.
i know i didnt made all... but i am planning to release RKEC 1.3.1 today

donwolfkonecny

Oh I thought RK Ducks made feathers?! If not, then never mind on the feathers.

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on March 24, 2019, 11:31:58 AM
Oh I thought RK Ducks made feathers?! If not, then never mind on the feathers.

there is a duck version with feathers and another version without feathers. you should use the no feather, but if you use CC , you will probably want feathers.....
in RKEC they dont produce feathers.

donwolfkonecny

Omigosh those enchanced selections with information look terrific! In my opinion!
I think that's really helpful, especially for a new player or someone (such as myself) who doesn't have it all memorized.
Thanks so much! I love it!
Now let's see what other people think!
Yay!

donwolfkonecny

If you want bug fix for the update, I would consider it a bug that for the Professions are not in Alphabetical order. For example Butcher and Dairyman are out of order
I always struggle to find Butcher

I like that some frequently used one are a the top not in alphabetical order and that is fine because they should be at the top for ease. But there are some that should be at the top that aren't - miner, blacksmith, herder, hunter, trader, vendor, worker, orcharder, woodcutter, tailor

teacher cleric physician can all be lower because while they are important, it is rare that I actually add or remove one.

I guess people could debate about which ones should be at the top, but the lower section seems chaotic to me.
Could you reorder the professions so the ones you think should be at the top are at the top, and then all others are alphabetical?
That would make it easier to find them.