News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Lush villages

Started by Voeille, May 15, 2018, 08:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

What is that red crop on your first picture?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Voeille

That's tulips, which I suppose is from CC. It's a bit strange that tulips are an edible vegetable, but I use it because it's pretty as a crop :)

I tested @RedKetchup 's flower mod and the meadow looks nice, especially given that the plants have that moving animation. It'd be even better if that yellow plant that gives fodder were a bit more green.

RedKetchup

nothing in the world can be perfect ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

LadyMarmalade

I wondered anout the 'Beautiful World' mod that you mentioned earlier in this thread, @Voeille . I wondered how it 'plays' with other mods that effect the environment?  Also, I can only find a version of this mod thats old - last updated 40 months ago - is that the one you use or is there a more recent version somewhere?
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Voeille

I use a version compatible with old CC. It's not really compatible with other mods of that type, for example you don't get thatch spawned if Beautiful World is above NatDiv, and you don't get Beautiful World stuff if it's not higher in the load order. I don't remember about New Flora, I think I do get stuff from it even with Beautiful World, but I'm unsure about it. I mainly use it because I can't stand barren mountains, and it adds trees on them.

LadyMarmalade

Thanks for the reply @Voeille.  Such a shame there's not a mod that does it all!.  I love mods that make the scenery more beautiful as aethetics rather than functionality usually lead my gameplay. I especially love RK's fodder farms because the meadow they produce is just beautiful and I always include at least one area of meadow in my towns even if its not really practical, that together with the Dense Forest mod (which really thickens up the forests wonderfully), New Flora and Maritimes Pines mod all contribute to a really lovely landscape but you do pay the cost with having to choose which parts of the mods you're willing to sacrifice to play them together. Sadly, it sounds like adding Beautiful World is probably a mod too far.
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

child_of_air

At first I thought your ground texture was too vividly green. (I use my own textures for Sims, and my own roads). But now I'm starting to reconsider after seeing these pictures. How did you accomplish the last pic? It's simply stunning. I want to go to this pretty town. :)

Abandoned

@child_of_air that last picture is using Red Ketchup's Garden Wall Utility mod

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1583.0

It is stunning  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on September 08, 2018, 06:56:50 PM
@child_of_air that last picture is using Red Ketchup's Garden Wall Utility mod

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1583.0

It is stunning  :)

it is also included in RK Editor Choice FULL and LIGHT versions.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jishies

Quote from: Voeille on May 21, 2018, 09:31:30 AM
That's tulips, which I suppose is from CC. It's a bit strange that tulips are an edible vegetable, but I use it because it's pretty as a crop :)

I tested @RedKetchup 's flower mod and the meadow looks nice, especially given that the plants have that moving animation. It'd be even better if that yellow plant that gives fodder were a bit more green.

May I was what mods you are using? I can never get my grass and flowers to look like this!

irrelevant

Quote from: Jishies on August 11, 2019, 02:34:45 PM
May I was what mods you are using? I can never get my grass and flowers to look like this!
I believe that's a @RedKetchup Editor's Choice Fodder Farm. An awesome mod, I'm doing towns using this mod alone.

gatinho65

Just wanted to post how much I loved these pics, very much like my style of play as well. Basically I build houses and towns among trees, grasses and meadows. It can make building a challenge, I have to pause and plan during those few clear days on a seasonal map when there is less rain/snow and when the trees have lost their leaves, otherwise I can't see enough to know where to place things.

Kc40k