News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I was a bit impatent yesterday. I wanted to wait for the next version of the North before I started a new game but after I looked at the nice blogs from @brads3 and @Abandoned, I wanted to play myself and thought, I just make a start and take a look how things work; combining the North and the Jetty parts.

I downloaded the latest mods and started a game. I had no probloms; probably because I didn´t get far; but I discovered one thing that to my experience means trouble, sooner of later. My guess is that the "dot" at the menu has something to do with the fertilizer/greenhouse production and that the "patch" for the North, that you made before the latest version of the Jetty & Bridge doesn´t contain these changes.

Discrepancy

thanks for that @Nilla :)

I have fixed the issue and the new patch mod can be downloaded from the previous page here.

Nilla

Hawk

I'm guessing you're probably getting tired of hearing about this  ;D , but thought I'd let you know what I found.

I was using Kid's Tiny Food Trader (blue text in the Trader.png below) and the trader was stopping at it. Then I decided to delete that and build your Jetty Farmers Merchant right next to where the food trader was (see screenshot Trader.png) and the traders no longer stopped.

The only difference was after I built your Farmers Merchant I built the Town Stone Bridge. The other bridges and jettys were already there when I built your Merchant.

I believe I'm using the 2.1 version of the Jetty mod, or at least the 2.0 version (see the screenshot - Clipboard02.jpg)

Here's the list of mods I have installed, and in the order they're installed.

QuotebanishedUImod
banishedUItownnames
banishedUImaps
banishedUIprofessions
banishedUImt
DSTerrainsAndClimates
NewLimitVanillaTP
RKMinimize
ImprovedFarming
ImprovedGatherer
ImprovedHerbalist
ImprovedWoodcutter
orchardism
stopcoalburn
MilkFromCows
DSOilMill
ImprovedMine
DSJettyAndBridge
NMT30ClayChain
DSLumberMill
DSStoneBridge
DSBlastFurnacePatch
DSBlastFurnace
DSBridgeCrossing
DSMarketHarboroughOldSchool
DSSmallVillageProduction
DSSmallVillageServices
DSSmallVillageStorage
DSSmallVillageHomes
DSTunnelMine
DSBrycesButcher
DSStoneHovels
DSTunnels
DSChapelofErnest
DSCrestBlacksmith
DSRoads
RKGardenWallsUtility
KidAmongTrees
KidForestOutpost
KidHouseBoat
KidLogDepot
KidMarketPuzzle
KidMoreHousesDark
KidPlimothHarmonized
KidRowHousing
KidStoneHouseAddon
KidTiny
KidToolEmporium
KidTwilightHerbs
KidWorkPlace
MaritimesHumbleConstruction
NMTForestCenter
RKOldBakeryHouse
RKOldBlacksmith
RKOldHunterHut
OldTailorHouse
RKstockpiles
TinySmallBarns
warehouse
MDWoodCottage
WoodButcher
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

Well, I see you've been to the forum a couple of times since I made the above post and no reply so I guess I was right. You are tired of talking about this issue.

I'll mention this one last time and I promise, I won't bring it up again.  ;D

I deleted the Merchant and built it at a new location, more on the river, and traders still won't stop.

I'll just use a different trader.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Gatherer

I suggest building it directly on the river. For some reason DS jetty trade posts don't seem to like lake shores. Myself I've tried it again on my newest map and no cookie.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Hawk

I might try that. I do want a trader that only brings seed. I don't need the livestock but I can live with that just to get away from the food traders that bring all kinds of stuff I don't want. At least not now on this map. maybe later.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Discrepancy

Not sick of hearing it @Hawk :)

I will have to load up the same map and see what is going on. If you are saying kid1293's tiny food trader was working in the same location than there must be something wrong with the jetty trader. I will recheck all the points.

Hawk

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 04, 2018, 03:37:40 PM
Not sick of hearing it @Hawk :)

I know this issue has been discussed up one side and down the other in these forums. Glad to hear you're not tired of it yet.  ;)

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 04, 2018, 03:37:40 PMI will have to load up the same map and see what is going on. If you are saying kid1293's tiny food trader was working in the same location than there must be something wrong with the jetty trader. I will recheck all the points.

The map I was playing is gone. Everybody started starving to death.  :(
But as I showed in the screenshot, Kid's trader was built right next to where yours was. Plus traders didn't stop when I moved it, as shown in the second post I made.
I never did get a chance to try it on the river, but it seemed to me that the second location was close enough to the river flow that it should have worked.
Maybe the river flow wasn't as close to the shore as it would seem.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Gatherer

@Discrepancy

Quote from: Gatherer on April 20, 2018, 03:13:19 PM
@Discrepancy

Is the fertilizer produced at the chicken coop compatible with Mr. Red's fertilizer from his Garden Walls Utility Mod?
Quote from: Discrepancy on April 20, 2018, 03:53:06 PM
yes it is :)

I seem to have a problem with fertilizer after all. Mr. Red's fertilizer uses Custom7 (Miscellaneous) limit while yours seems to follow Custom4 (Materials). Currently I produce sand and clay and have the limit for Materials set at 4000. Jetty Chicken Coop stops producing because I keep hitting Materials limit.

Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

my fertilizer has been changed to Custom 4 (as sand, clay, etc) since a while....
since some people got hard to think it is stored next cabbage, strawberries, t-bones.... ^^ and prefered to see it stored in a stockpile instead of a barn :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

In which version? Garden Walls:Utility or RK Editor Choice?

So if DS Jetties are on top of GW:Utility then I get Custom4?
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on May 05, 2018, 02:59:31 PM
In which version? Garden Walls:Utility or RK Editor Choice?

So if DS Jetties are on top of GW:Utility then I get Custom4?

oh RK Ed. didnt updated garden wall possibly :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

In my load order I have GW:Utility on top of DS Jetty Mod. But I haven't built the fodder farmer chain yet.
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

@Hawk , I can confirm what you are reporting. I myself have loaded it up with the needed mods and built same bridges where you did, I kept the tiny food trader where it was and it kept stopping there, but I never had a boat stop at my jetty trader  :(

I have checked code and all seems fine.
... more investigation.
I'm going to try by adjusting the points again. Other wise something I have with map code might be doing this....

@Gatherer , I would suggest loading jetties above for this reason, but that is still not going to change the issue you have which is that it is sharing the storage flag with clay sand etc? what flag would you think would work best?... even having these extra 10, it turns out we really don't have enough.