News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

In that case, you must have chosen a very bad map, @twilightbreeze. I have played a lot on small, oft mountain maps, and there are usually room for ½ a dozen vanilla trading ports. I don't think you need more space for the sand pit.

twilightbreeze

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

Quote from: twilightbreeze on December 13, 2017, 07:00:27 PM
Lol...TOM first you delete the depleted pit, then you use the flatten tool by Gimmiecat, and then you can place another clay pit there. But you gotta delete the first one first, THEN use the flatten tool. hehe.  ;D

I tried this but it didn't look like the flatten tool (the one by gimmiecat) did anything, so I built some dirt roads over the area and that flattened it.
I did try to build something else over it but to no avail. I did not try to build another clay pit though. I'll try that next.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

twilightbreeze

If you downloaded his latest update, since I had posted, he has now fixed that so it don't happen. You can now delete the clay pit, but not build on it, however you can cover it up with the boardwalk or a road, if you delete it first.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

Yep! That would explain it. I do have the latest version.
Thanks!  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

how big is your sand pit footprint, @Tom Sawyer  ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

It's a 10 x 10 with half area in water @RedKetchup. I think it also can be 1 or 2 tiles smaller to be more round or so.

Hawk

@Tom Sawyer - I asked this earlier in this topic but I guess you missed it since there were a few posts made after it.

Does the sand pit, and for that matter the clay pits, act like the quarrys and mines in that if they're too close to a town they'll reduce happiness?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Tom Sawyer

Ah yes, sorry @Hawk. As far as we know from tests all these objects don't really increase or decrease happiness of citizens. It seems to have an influence only on idling. So it creates idling areas around or removes them. I have a small radius of 10 tiles for "happiness detraction" around pits and also around the charcoal burner. It is removed after recultivation. From what I know about this happiness mechanic I would not care about it when placing pits and quarries but maybe we will find something more one day.

Hawk

Ahhhh!  8) Thanks for that info @Tom Sawyer . That puts a new light on things.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 19, 2017, 09:36:43 AM
It's a 10 x 10 with half area in water @RedKetchup. I think it also can be 1 or 2 tiles smaller to be more round or so.

10x10 is perfect i think :)
it is far from something like 21x17 for the quarry !
even the iron mine is 12x12.
i think it is not huge even for a small map. 8x8 is really too small, maybe a 9x9 but i would let it 10x10
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Anders and Ella want to start with real turnips.  :)

kid1293

Way to go!
Who needs potatoes.  ;)

Turis

There goes my fish&chips!

Hawk

@Tom Sawyer - I saw a video on YouTube and the gal mentioned a mod for The North called Norseman. I looked all over your site for it but didn't find it.
Where can it be downloaded?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]