News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wyndmoorcross

Started by banishedsanni, March 06, 2020, 09:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banishedsanni

Okay,
my computer reached its limit. I dont know if its the amount of deco pieces or the amount of bannies or both, but i cant speed the game up to ">>10x" without heavy lags.
So it is time to end this map and start a new project.

Banishedsanni proudly presents:
Wyndmoorcross

Years: 118
Bannies: 435 / 131 / 151

Overview

The Central Market
Everything started here and it is still the core of the city.
Work, study, chill - Bannies living in the central market district dont really need to leave it. - Everything is inside and protected by a large city wall.

Please click on the picture and see all pictures in fullview on google drive.

The Garden Settlement
Those, who prefer quieter sourroundings and the luxury of an own garden while having short access to culture and amusements, prefer to live in the garden settlements right outside of the walls of the central market district. Although this district offers less excitement, Bannies can find many ways for relaxation here. The dry supplies trader is also  part of this district.

The Stables and the Warehouse
This is where all those horse carts start from.

Stone and Wood District
All the heavy dirty work is done here. Lumber mill, wood cutter, rope maker. There is a small tavern to have a drink in after a hard day of work, next to the building supplies merchant. 
This district also contains a hospital. Because, where heavy rocks are lifted, a hospital should be near.

The Fields
As the city grew and grew, getting food just by gathering it in the forest was no longer enough. It was time to grow thier own food.
Most of the harvest is delivered to the central market district, where it gets processed.

(One of my favorite deco settings on this map is the scene with the ladder.
I can almost here Deloise, standing at the door, complaining to her husband Orlan, in front of the ladder, that he promised to repair the damage on the house weeks ago.)

The Train Station
If you ask a bannie of Wyndmoorcross what he or she is most proud of, Onions will be at least in the top five.
Onions?!, you may be wondering. Yes, onions! The onions of Wyndmoorcross are of excellent quality, I assure you!
And the hole world seems to know that.

Soon after Wyndmoorcross was big enough to have a port and started trading onions for other needed goods, the demand for onions from Wyndmoorcross rose rapidly.
Several cities worked together, invested money and materials, to speed up the build of the railway and to meet their residents' demand for onions from Wyndmoorcross.
The city of Wyndmoorcross, in turn, benefits from the possibility of importing urgently needed goods like tools and clothing,
which the city isnt producing itself since the train station was build.

The Coffee House District
Enjoy life with a hot sip of coffee and relax while watching the bustle of the city or
listen to the chirping of the birds from the adjacent garden and let your gaze wander across the water
- live can be so easy in the cozy atmosphere of the coffee house.
Within this district also lies another market, some onion fields and a pond to swim, fish, chill and grill.

Old Warehouse District
This old warehouse was the first huge warehouse builded in this city.
It is not the main warehouse anymore, but still important for storing all the seafood, that is catched and processed here.

The Woods
The youngest District was built to meet the massive increase in demand for wood.

kid1293

Congratulations to a very organic and living town! :) :)
It is so nice to see all those details!

I recommend right-clicking and 'open in new window' to get rid of this site's
bad picture handling.

Many thanks, Sanni!

Nilla

Absolutely wonderful!
But why on earth do you stop a game because you can´t run it 10X speed? I never play 10X speed, sometimes 5x, mostly 2x and if the settlement is big 1x, where you don´t notice much lags, unless you have a really huge settlement. You could impossibly have made all these lovely things on 10Xspeed.

banishedsanni

Thanks for the praise :)

QuoteBut why on earth do you stop a game because you can´t run it 10X speed? I never play 10X speed, sometimes 5x, mostly 2x and if the settlement is big 1x, where you don´t notice much lags, unless you have a really huge settlement. You could impossibly have made all these lovely things on 10Xspeed.

Ofc i did not build this town on 10x speed but i use it very often. I mostly plan and decorate my cities in pause mode or with 1x speed and I use 10x speed to speed up the building of constructions. Nearly never I use 2x or 5x speed. Maybe i give 5x a chance on my next map but mentally finished Wyndmoorcross by posting it here so this city is done :)

Abandoned

Wow, what a beautiful town  :)  Thank you for sharing.

brads3

speed is a confusing term to banished.i think it depends heavily on the computer and mods being used.on 1 computer 10x might be like fast forward to a video,super fast. on another that 10x might b just the right speed or even slow. speed depends also on graphics.scrolling over the screen can be slower or faster even.

there are a couple tricks. 1> try to adjust the graphic settings during play.if this works you can switch when you take pics.
2> zoom in all the way. this should allow the bannies to move faster.
3> this 1 is a bit tricky.   run the game in windowed mode. play as you are now. pause, plan, and assign jobs. unpause the game and minimize the window.do not wait very long and maximize the game window again. the game will have moved forward. since you are not tied to the graphics of the computer,it will be much faster. a minute this way might be a month..

it'll take some getting used to how long to leave it minimized.you may want to save the game before unpausing it. in  case you lose track and the game runs through til winter or a year flies by. you can judge some of it with the audio alerts of shortages or the trade ships arriving.

theonlywanderer

Add the no smoke mod, it actually helps quite a bit.

Jewelz

You are a Deco master, BanSan!

What are the white flower trees? I don't think I have them.

I love how you did the group of rice paddies and shellfish fisheries. That looks fantastic.

Did you buld all those fences piece by piece? I never seem to get them to line up right the first time. Any fence-building secrets?

What are those strange stone pillar things? I have not seen those before. What do they do?

The stones along the river's edge - Is that the quay from CC?

The attention to detail is astounding. Bravo!

banishedsanni

QuoteWhat are the white flower trees? I don't think I have them.

These are included in mega mod and originally from ____ (wanted to put the name of the mod here after looking it up but its just in the additional modders tool bar - decorative flowers and trees.

But I absolutley love them.

QuoteDid you buld all those fences piece by piece? I never seem to get them to line up right the first time. Any fence-building secrets?

What do you mean by "I never seem to get them to line up right the first time"? I think I didn't get it due to my lacking english skills.
Please try to explain it to me so I can give you "fence-building secrets" ;)

QuoteWhat are those strange stone pillar things? I have not seen those before. What do they do?

You mean these?

They are from @kid1293  mod Forest Deep (click picture to see thread) and included in mega mod.
They function as church/satisfy the need for religion and I absolutley love them, because they dont look like churches, but can work like sacred stones for natural religion or as center of a fairground to simulate no belief. I recently discovered @kid1293 happy squares which opens a lot of possibilities! (I think im a @kid1293 fangirl)

QuoteThe stones along the river's edge - Is that the quay from CC?

Yes it is.

QuoteYou are a Deco master, BanSan!
QuoteThe attention to detail is astounding. Bravo!
QuoteI love how you did the group of rice paddies and shellfish fisheries. That looks fantastic.

Thanks!

Jewelz

I will take a picture of my failed fence attempts.  :D

I don't think I have Forest Deep. And YES, the Happiness squares help my self-built parks be useful.

I will double check all my trees. I might have them.

NeoMandalorian

Wow... It is so natural, organic, one of the cutest cities I've seen.

CookieBarrel

Thank you for the wonderful tour of your town.
The presentation is exceptional!