News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No Coal Mods interfere with Town Hall reports?

Started by Maldrick, July 14, 2017, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 16, 2017, 11:59:31 AM
any ways lately, we ( I ) barely have comments/thanks when i release something.
i made a mod 5 modles X 8 textures (=40) and i ve got 14 Download in 1.0.6 and 54 in 1.0.7 and i ve got 1 comments : @Savidan . thats all.
so i prefer to have my things as i am happy with since not alot cares :P

I know your feelings. I sit in the the next empty room trying to arrange my ghosts in some sort of order.
It's lonely (had a lot of help by discussing with Abandoned - we even talked food. :) )
I can only say that you are where people expect you to deliver. A neverending story.

Abandoned

@kid1293 , it was probably me who explained badly, sorry.  I didn't mean that the themed ones like Workplace, or Forest Outpost etc shouldn't stay as themed where they are but Tiny is different I think.  For instance under your market & trading post you have alotof seeds trader, small port, large port, it seems to me tiny trading post and tiny food trader should be there etc, just the tiny ones.  And since @Maldrick mention he uses them all the time like I do, I wanted his opinion and others on it before suggesting it be changed.  To me that would be logical but I suppose it is just a matter of getting use to it.

Savidan

@RedKetchup: Yeah I bet lot of players dont want to register or/and are afraid to talk in english (and you had all these lazy guys that just read and say nothing)

But they probably all appreciate your job.

For me, the toolbar is a bit the mess and since english is not my mother tongue I had to play with a Dictionnary to translate some word sometimes and that make the thing even worst.

At the moment I play with a big part of your mods^(I tried to avoid "cheat mods) and with colonial charter ... sometimes I had to check all the icon (even twice) to found a building that I saw somewhere when I plan to do a thing I had in mind.
Actually I have some stuff that are still in the common bar (NMT 2.0, Pick & Hen tavern, colonial charter stuff), some are in the Community toolbar, manage by Theme (for kid) or like the main toolbar with subsection for their theme like EB  ...

Once you are used to it, it's ok, but for people who discover the game, that a huge task to understand everything.

kid1293

No @Abandoned it makes sense. It is getting late here but I will look into it.

Abandoned

thanks @kid1293 , good night.

@Savidan yes, the community tool bar is a very nice improvement.  Colonial Charter is a very big mod with a lot of icons and not so easy to find items.  :)

brads3

RED,we have been quiet on purpose to give modders time to think. we know how big the NMT is and figure you will be busy for a while.
  i agree with SAVIDAN,i still have lots of1.06 mods cause i know where they are on the toolbar. it takes time to get used to the changes.if it is just a house or building then it makes sence to add it to the toolbar ,but a full set makes more sence to add under the community icon. everyone plays different.

embx61

I thought about it how Luke laid out his toolbars and that is what I went for too.

But instead of clicking the Houses or Food toolbar in Vanilla players first have to do two extra clicks
The community Button and then the Modders Main Button.

From there on it is just as Vanilla, at least in my case how I put my mods on the toolbars.

Houses under housing, food production under food, and so on.
Then of course there are several types of mods like ghosted, decorations, etc which have in most cases their own main toolbar next to the housing, food, production, etc.

Themed sets are in the same category but I personally split the set up by still using the food, housing, services toolbars for the buildings.
The Village set is a good example of this.

Most modders also use a 1 pixel colored line around their buttons. That line is the indicator there is a sub toolbar showing up when clicking on it.

Lots of the older mods not using the community toolbar at all and that what makes things confusing as some modded houses are under the vanilla housing button and others are under the community and modders toolbars.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

noot really, cause we are used to where the older mods are already.the toolbar is smaller now that we have the community icon.like anything,it takes time to get used to using it and where things are. what is a pain is when you look for something specific.like say you want a hospital to fit a certain town. you have clinics scattered in different themes and sets of mods so they aren't all together.we don't have all the options in 1 place.but it didn't make sence to make 2 copies of every mod and have them in 2 places either.there was a give and take to it but this is the way it works.it is like playing a new game. you have to relearn the buttons.LOL

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 16, 2017, 03:54:46 PM
RED,we have been quiet on purpose to give modders time to think.

not sure to let a little thanks is disturbing alot the modders quietude lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Well, many got used to just playing vanilla as well and had to adapt when modding took off :)

I remember whole wiki's were written for CC on how to play it as players had no clue where to start. :)

If we put all our houses on the vanilla toolbar it would like Red says contain something like 239 buttons. Good luck finding that one specific house you want to build in that toolbar. :)

Searching for specific stuff is always cumbersome but that is not direct the fault of the toolbars but how many mods are released the last two years.
100's of buildings alone and they all need a space on the toolbars so indeed looking for something specific is cumbersome wherever they are placed on the toolbars.

Like I said, I have one hospital and to get to it is Community toolbar, EB mod toolbar, EB Town services and it is right there with all the other town services like my chapels, church, Irrigation, school, well, etc. :) But if that specific Town services buildings list grows I have to find ways to split that bar up as otherwise the bar will become a mile long.

It already happened with the Irrigation channel toolbars and I had to split the pumps and some other parts on their own sub toolbars as the toolbar was becoming too long with all those icons.

I decided to do it the way close to as Luke did it with Vanilla and I personally prefer to have it this way as a player but I understand with so many mods I have to look around a fair bit to find that one specific building.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Savidan

True, the toolbar should being rework thought. It's efficient when you know it but that's not user friendly.

All the non-building stuff should be separate (like the map view, the add/remove jobs button ... )
Roads could be separate too like all the manual tasks .

We should had only the buildings in that bar.

To do it perfect we should had and object for each button with informations like "author" "theme" "class" (production, transformation, service ...) and user could be able to switch beetwen all this to show button classified by author, theme, class ...

But yeah that's probably need to came from the core game and we cant change that, I'm wrong ?

kid1293

@Abandoned and others -

Now there are ants all over my mods and they are itching!  ???
I wanted to comply and looked at Tiny mod. It can easily be placed on my toolbar
under vanilla icons. But the same goes for Forest Outpost. I don't need the resources
(gatherer, hunter...) under Themed Mods. If I change Tiny I might as well change FO.
Or add some doubles from FO to Tiny and place them under vanilla icons. It doesn't hurt.
And there are more. Workplaces? Maybe I should do a tiny megamod. :)

ants, ants, ants...

I create a new thread and leave this one in peace. :)

Abandoned

Oh dear, look what I started now.   Sprinkling cucumber peelings around Kid to get rid of ants.  Looking for new thread.

Maldrick

Quote from: Abandoned on July 16, 2017, 02:03:58 PM
@kid1293 , it was probably me who explained badly, sorry.  I didn't mean that the themed ones like Workplace, or Forest Outpost etc shouldn't stay as themed where they are but Tiny is different I think.  For instance under your market & trading post you have alotof seeds trader, small port, large port, it seems to me tiny trading post and tiny food trader should be there etc, just the tiny ones.  And since @Maldrick mention he uses them all the time like I do, I wanted his opinion and others on it before suggesting it be changed.  To me that would be logical but I suppose it is just a matter of getting use to it.

@Abandoned

I appreciate your asking my opinion.  Honestly, while I have preferences about a lot of things, I'm good with Tiny in the Community Bar.  But I will check out the new separate one, though, for sure.  The bar took a bit of getting used to, but I took a break from the game right after upgrading and I'm finding it easier to adjust to the new bar coming back to the game fresh than I did before.  As others have mentioned, I think it's mostly a matter of getting used to it.  Although I do find it helpful when there's a demolition tool in the bars so there's less navigation back and forth required while building.

@RedKetchup

My apologies for not commenting.  I was one of your downloads....Two actually, because I grabbed the updated version after you made the fix....Had a quick look and made a mental note to make a comment but you know how those go sometimes.  The houses are beautiful and will have many uses not just with NMT.  I very much look forward to playing with them.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze