News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfactial

Hey there Red, another long-time moduser and newly registered fan here.:)
This has enormous potential, love it! Besides Pharao, I'd also suggest looking at Children of the Nile, which has done the Egyptian style citybuilding very well too.
I hope you will be able to display the highly hierarchical structure of ancient Egyptian society.

I don't know how historically accurate you are planning on making this, but I'd be happy to help on that front if any is needed.
For instance, Camels were not used in ancient Egypt no earlier than the Persian times around 500 B.C., so placing them alongside pyramid builders would be odd.
I'm an archaeologist and aspiring egyptologist so any historical, cultural, religious or artistic questions you might have I'd be happy to answer.
Best of luck n this!:D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on January 27, 2016, 12:54:55 AM
The market looks great. You could also add smaller stalls all around it to the left and right of each staircase.

Quote from: Sunndae9000 on January 27, 2016, 02:16:22 AM
This is just going to be plain awesome!.

A lot of work, I hope you will get enough support.

ShockPuppet is taking care to put stalls and things inside the temple :)
it will surely great :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

@Artfactial  : i didnt planned to pickup a specific time era.

there is already tons of technology in Banished which can make ancient egypt out of time. i wish to pickup the best of everything without too much checking time. When you start a new game, you are rewriting the history and some city will advance faster than other. i just want to give an egyptian flavor to a city built in middle of the desert :)

and i want people to build a new wonder too in the game (after the great NMT Cathedral) ... i want people build the pyramids this time :)
and i want them to build temples... pharaoh tombs.... i want people make marvelous cities :)

RedKetchup

while ShockP is taking care to put stalls and stuff in the big temple market... i did a very smaller version of a vendor . not sure yet what it will sell... it also can be use for many utilities....

it is not done yet, need to do the builds.....

i am learning alot (in 3D presently, some precious new tips from Shock :) hehe)

i also jumped on the new barn :) the code not done yet but you can see the 3dsMax screenshot :)

Bobbi

Quotei didnt planned to pickup a specific time era

I think this is a very good idea, not trying to stick to closely to any particular time period. It is a fantasy Banished universe. It should have stuff that most people think of when they think of ancient Egypt, which would include camels if that is possible.  ;D

Papyrus I already suggested as a new crop to make baskets and rope and maybe other stuff you dream up, but writing on papyrus is what most people think of. I don't know if you can do anything with that.

If CC team is going to collaborate, a new Egypt start on the desert map would be really cool, with starting crops of papyrus, barley and/or flax and if we get the camels, those, could give milk and leather. Wouldn't that be awesome?!!! 8)

DesoPL

I wonder how cementary or town hall might look. Damn old times when i played Pharaoh is back!

Denis de la Rive

Great news all around, one thing to consider is making some of the buildings modular, religious and civics would work well, as would eventual monuments. It was common practice for one king to add on to the work of his predecessor, Karnak took like 1500 years or more to build. Its nice to see you know that colors are important since most statues and temples were actually painted like the scenes we see in the tombs. With such a long history its easy to find examples of buildings for what should be a thematic, rather than period mod. Also to consider the industry related to naphtha. If you need help in research, I can do that.  :)

PS: 'K' made a small mod 'irrigate' that works well, (its one of those he lost, I think), that would be a nice starting point for water management.

RedKetchup

ok Denis , i ll ask K.

about cemetary, i rather thought about tombs but i dunno what can be done.... i wish an entrance you go down and the cemetary is down below. but dunno what can be done.
townhall : i thought a Pharaoh palace.

RedKetchup

hehe i just pass like 2 hours to sort out the toolbars (i added everything, all vanilla bars - in same time, it will give us a roadmap of what to do ^^)
and i didnt finished yet , i still need to make the 'crude' 'dummy' white icons ^^ in wait the 3D full color Egypt Icons :)

Denis de la Rive

About the cemetery, you could change the grave markers, small obelisk and box like markers, possibly a statue, and high wall, (mud brick), and have some mastabas as decorative additions for the richer people. Pyramids were very rare among the non-royals, but if you could afford it a mastaba was the common choice. I would avoid the passage leading down to a tomb as these were always hidden, if you could afford it then, you tomb was worth robbing. You should also consider a guard house or hut with a happiness factor since most cemeteries were guarded, maybe with the same function as your library, but with a very large radius. You should also have a small funerary temple where people can leave offerings, again with happiness factor, it might work like a tavern, but with offerings as a luxury, that gives you an idea for an industry, made with pottery, linen, ( mummified animals), and resins, hey there is an other industry for you: resins.

RedKetchup

good research :)

can you find the same images but bigger ? lot bigger ? i have hard to understand the structures that i see

DesoPL

There will be various versions of church in RoTP? Due to the gods like bastet etc.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 28, 2016, 09:59:04 AM
good research :)
can you find the same images but bigger ? lot bigger ? i have hard to understand the structures that i see

Yes I will get you some very good pictures, research is easy when you majored in history, and minored in archeology. Happy to help with anything you need.

grammycat

Red-are there any plans to add color to any of the buildings?  The Egyptians did beautiful murals.  Also here is a link to the colors and their meanings for the Egyptians:  http://africanhistory.about.com/od/egyptology/ss/EgyptColour.htm#step1

And here is a page of temple images:  http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=egyptian+temples&qpvt=Egyptian+temples&qpvt=Egyptian+temples&FORM=IARRSM

RedKetchup

yes we will do :) at the end we will make a good set of hieroglyphs / paintings and we will put that on everywalls ^^

i am doing the rough job presently :)

btw, i am doing the Egyptiam Hostel  :P
i didnt had any model to base my judgement on ... so it is pure creation ^^

same size as vanilla one : 7x14 incliding the road :)