News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Infamous Curved Roads... Possible assistance idea

Started by theonlywanderer, November 17, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theonlywanderer

I imagine everyone saw Karlieb's curved roads, which were inspiring for sure.

But how to achieve that more easily?   I'm think the mod masters around here can make this easy for everyone and here is how...

So, the desired effect is image one....     

Observe the flattened land in the water so that I could place RK's forest Center which has that massive ring that you can see in image two.   I, obviously, placed the ring for where I wanted the curved road, which meant I had to flatten the water.... (This is where the mod masters come in)

I then placed the grid blocks to overlap the yellow ring.

So....   what I'm thinking is....   we need a similar option to that gridline object, only for a circle radius.   We could have a full toolbar with increasing sizes for the radius.  Included with the radius will be the gridlines also.   So, one radius object will contain say 20 pixel radius or 40 pixel diameter, whatever the game accepts...  and also have a grid that goes beyond it to say 25x25.     Another radius object with 25 pixel radius and 30x30 pixel grid....    so on and so on.

We can just grab the one we want, plop it down wherever on the map, water or no water just like the gridline object and have our template for a curved road.   Slap down a road square on any touching grid box and then tweak it from there.

Any takers?

Gatherer

And how would someone remove that artificial island afterwards?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Just put a flag at center and make it buildable on ALL kinds of paths (land and water).
Add a radius and make radius visible. Delete it afterwards. Should work :)

I can take a look this afternoon.

kid1293

Here is a quick solution. Nice flag from Micro Forester reused. :)

I have made radius 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18. They are under Transport (vanilla toolbar)
Placeable on land, water and small hills (Careful! It can disappear under surface of a mountain)

theonlywanderer

Gatherer,   The gridline object works on land and water and doesn't flatten anything, it's basically a ghost.     The radius object would work exactly the same only have a radius included with it.

I only had to flatten the land in order to get my example to work.

theonlywanderer

Awesome, kid....   I will try them out right a way!

The only other idea was to include the grid with the radius, but that's not a big deal, we already have a way to place gridline, so don't worry about it unless you really want too.

kid1293

Hmm. I never used grid.
I don't know where to find one. Anybody?

theonlywanderer

That's pretty cool....   can you keep going with the sizes?

21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36 and 39...   that should be enough.

I can see the issue with the mountains for sure, so we'll need enough radius options to work around that issue.

Thanks, that was insanely quick.

theonlywanderer

The current gridline block is in the vanilla toolbar under tools and reports.

kid1293

kid1293

Nothing in game code about grid. I have 1.0.7 build 170910. Newest as far as I know.

Strange. is it an external mod? I thought it was a hidden button like debug.

theonlywanderer

My mistake man...  Gridlines is a mod by Kralyerg that's in MegaMod.   It doesn't have any indicators around the icon so I mistook it for vanilla.

kid1293

No sweat. I figure something out. :)

First a couple of hours AFK then I try this evening.

kid1293

Okay, this far it seems good.
I have increased radius to 24. Larger grid is ridiculous to handle.

Antiligent

Maybe you can make a filled circle guides like this