News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Snow in Mediterranean Climate?

Started by galensgranny, June 20, 2018, 03:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I was playing a game using a Mediterranean climate no snow start, and all was good the first winter- no snow.
The next winter, it snowed!!  That's not supposed to happen.  I wonder what was going on.

Nilla

Willows

There is a difference between snow and hoarfrost. Snow sticks together, and lasts. Hoarfrost is simply frozen dew and melts away as soon as the sun comes up. I've lived with both. Hoarfrost looks cool when you first wake up...everything all frosty and white....but you don't need to shovel the walkways cause it doesn't show up on concrete. It's only frozen dew, where snow covers everything.

Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

galensgranny

My Bannies were very distressed.  The snow stayed a few days.  Fortunately, it did not last all winter.  Whatever one calls the white, wet, cold stuff, it is not supposed to be in the Mediterranean.

Nilla

I think the people at the coast in Spain and Greece were distressed too. ;) The picture is from Spain and early last winter, I know they had snow at the Greek coast as we here up in Sweden had much warmer weather. Crazy climate! The climate change doesn't make it warmer everywhere to all times, just different and more extreme.

galensgranny

Well, then, Nilla, the crazy climate has affected Banished land!  I will need to make a lot of warm coats for my Bannies if this keeps up!

rkelly17

In January, 1949, when I was 1 year old, it snowed in the Los Angeles basin.  ???  The snow even stayed into the next day. Everyone went nuts--and every Southern Californian of my age has a page of pictures in his/her baby book standing around in the snow looking confused.

RedKetchup

your bannies need to reduce their carbon emission  :o
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Oenanthe

I think they actually need to increase their carbon emissions, to warm the place up. 

Lost of cows and pigs, mine and burn as much coal as you can and see if it helps.

galensgranny