News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pilgrim houses

Started by The Pilgrim, October 21, 2016, 03:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pilgrim

Hey guys, I have one more small quest.  Small 4x3 houses that look like the houses that the Pilgrims built at Plymouth Colony. They should be entirely wood, not very warm and fit a family of 4 (they actually fit much larger families in quite cramped conditions, but I think for game purposes 4 is good).

kid1293

Hi! I've seen pictures of those houses.
They are rather dull and grey.
Only change is shape of each building.

Here's a nice link.
Plimoth Plantation

brads3

we have the snug houses. thou they arent all wood. the forrest mos has small squre wood houses too. hmm it is safer to use stone for fireplaces too.

The Pilgrim

I think they only look grey like that after a few years of weathering. It would probably look like fresh wood when it's built.

The Pilgrim

@RedKetchup , so I have learned that my private messaging isn't working as kid hasn't received any messages I sent. So here goes... Would you mind doing a quick update of the Plymouth houses.  All I would like is a version of the house with the chimney in the center. And one that mirrors the original. Thank you sir.

kid1293

Hi! ...and have a nice holiday.

@RedKetchup - I don't want to butt in on your Plimoth House(s)
but since the thread has been dead since November 5th and
there is no response in 'Suggestions', I decided to have a go at
the Plimoth Plantation.

I have shown some houses for The Pilgrim and he has told me
facts and suggestions (which I try to follow).  ;)

Here is a picture of my progress so far.
Four small houses, a barn and a school. The well is cannibalized
from Tiny mod and retextured . As usual - leave comments! :)

New Years Eve 1616

AzemOcram

The Pilgrim forgot to update you with pictures from the Beta. I made the models, ShockPuppet tweaked the models and textured them, and Kraylerg wrote the code and made them into a standalone mod. They require lumber, which can be purchased from the trader or made with Colonial Charter.

kid1293

Very nice, indeed!

I was only responding to the Plimoth Plantation houses.
Edit - You have a complete pilgrims set there!
Looks like an add-on to CC.  ???

gerns

KID please continue with them they are perfect in my eyes

kid1293

Yes, I will continue. I plan for some kind of workshop
as I had in Forest mod. The way I made these houses
does not leave room for 'extravaganza'.
(If that was a way during colonial times.) :)

So I have to stick with four walls and have the production inside.
But I wish I could have a baker. But it means involving
CC resources again. I'll figure something out.
I don't use CC or Mega-Mod so my output is 'limited'.  ???

AzemOcram

Only the houses are in the standalone mod. Colonial Charter and Maritime buildings were in the screenshots. This is the entirety of the standalone housing mod:

The Pilgrim

My mod of buildings is an as yet to be complete modular building kit. Beginning with the base houses and then a set of additions (the saltbox style lean-tos being released with the first set of houses later today.). These come from the same area as what kid is working on, but a generation or so later.   He and I have been in communication throughout the process of both mods.
Kids will be a complete standalone, while mine also stands alone it is within the resource structure of CC.

The Pilgrim

Also... Kids mod is amazing, please give it the space it deserves to grow of its own accord and I'll create a separate post shortly for any further discussion of mine. Thanks guys

Abandoned

@kid1293, hope you had a nice holiday.  It looks like you have another great mod in the works for us.  It looks really good.  My first thought seeing the New Years Eve 1616 picture was what a cute little chapel that is until I realized that it was the top of a pine tree in the background I was seeing not a small steeple.  (unless it was Santa taking a Christmas tree down the chimney ho ho ho).  Seriously, with a small steeple or cross and a door on that side, it would make a nice little chapel to add to the set.  I like that barn.  With chickens in your fenceless pasture and some of your decorative plants and bushes it'll make a really nice looking settlement.  A good start to the New Year.

kid1293

We will see about a chapel.
I realize there must be a church or chapel.
I am not sure what it should look like. I lke to distinguish it from the
other houses but when I look at pictures from the Plimoth plantation
the houses are all the same. It's just the outline of the house I can change.
Pity.