News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Any thoughts on this ?

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yes thats easy to change the picture pixels of and make it look like
more brownish. or put them blue or green or what ever.

and cause that if i would want to make different models (press "F" key) changing only the color would be way more easy than trying to make full diff models ^^

and i do same for the walls.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

Encore, you find the right mix of visual and functional, this looks late medieval or tudor in style which is great. I agree with the above comments, BTW when do you sleep?

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

so i modified some .png colors to match this brownish roof ....

and know what ? i LOVE it ! :)

of course i ll need to redo completly the chimney :) but after little chapel is done :)

Pangaea

Excellent work, as always :)

Think I liked the original colour on the roofs better, but it's a bit difficult to judge without seeing loads of them, as we will see in actually played maps. Some of the stone hosues don't look that bad, one by one, but put 20 together and I'm feeling ready to balance on thin ledges high up :D

Is it tricky to fix the missing parts of the chimney?

Originally I thought this house(-es?) could be replacements for the stone houses, as I strongly dislike them, but it's probably better with something in between woodhouse and stonehouse. They could cost less wood than woodhouse and less stone than stonehouse, so a bit more balanced. And be in between in terms of retaining heat as well. If I recall correctly, heating for woodhouses is 60 (of whatever value it was measured in), while stonehouses is 90 (so +50%). Maybe this house could then be 75.

RedKetchup

i think redoing the chimney is easier than succeed to make that little window with occupants work ^^ (which strongly resisted me^^)

rkelly17

Now that I see the roofs close up I can see they are not tile (the color fooled me) but wood shingles. I like the darker color better--looks more realistic.

irrelevant

The darker color is better for me too, but I really like the contrast of the chimneys, it's very nice; you do good work @RedKetchup !

slink

However, removing the grain marks in the png file could turn shingles into tiles.

Denis de la Rive

I'm thinking the chimney could match the stone of the foundation, with the lighter roof shingles and a slightly darker wood for the framing, could give a nice contrast to the building. I think you are right to make it a middle building type, it adds options and will fit well with the existing houses. :)

irrelevant

With this level of technology, the chimney wouldn't have a cap like that, it would rather have simple extensions of the flues, or maybe a simple small roof over the top.

RedKetchup

i redid the chimney completly, i had no options if i had to delete these 'pipe' frames.

was not a big deal, i finally found the time to do it :)

the screenshots show you the process and the results. tell me if it s ok :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 26, 2014, 09:58:17 PMtell me if it s ok

Looks good, maybe make the 'walls' of the chimney thicker...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Pangaea

Yes, that looks better. I was thinking as @Paeng but I see they are already fatter :) Looks like a glorious house. Is it possible to get a few variants of it too, like with the other houses with F? If that would be too much work, by all means say so. You're producing incredible amounts of work as it is :)