News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Guerner

Started by brads3, October 13, 2019, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi.
You make me happy with all those pictures! :)
The Mission is a special place for me.

Thanks!

brads3

i had tried to load the new Mexican upgrade but had no luck.  i a very grateful that i had your garden mod. w ithout those greenhouse fields,i never would survive on food in this hot climate.

these  mexicans are odd. they will have an africa look to their area yet.LOL

brads3

YEAR 44 and 45

15 NOMADS arrive to begin the Egyptian village.this will be fun to build.there is different material requirements.   this mod is still in development so some buildings haven't been changed yet.  it has storage,markets,and some houses.a mudpit to make the needed mud bricks and a few decorations come with the mod.

we did need to make some bronze. the merchants brought 2 types of bronze so we traded for a few of each.we still need to make more mud bricks for some counstruction projects.

pic : egypt village started

brads3

YEAR 46 and 47

we finished a boarding house and large market. tea is planted and 2 garden fields.we need ore limestone for the statues.other than what the bannies collect as they clear land,we have to trade for more.i don't see any way to get it.

knowing how fast and thick the regrowth is,we took a year to clear more trees around the mission and Egypt villages.

pic 1: tea orchard and fields
pic 2: boardinghouse and large market
pic 3:  statues
pic 4:  Egypt village overview

Kristahfer

Very nice @brads3

I really like the mixing of structures.

brads3

brads3

YEAR 48 and 49

this next area will be fun.it is the African mods by @angainor88. not sure how it all will fit together. i did send the bannies building some houses while they clear land. a workpile and KID's cart will be all the storage they have while they work.

the traders will work at moving logs out of the south piles.

we have so any children that our schools are all full. the plantation village wi build a school. while they are there,the workers finish off EB's irrigation canal and plant 2 more fields.

pic 1:plantatio school ad fiished EB canal
pic 2:african village started
pic 3; clearing more land
pic 4: african housing

Nilla

This settlement is really cool; crazy in a very nice way! :)

I like it!

brads3

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 394,102 children,65% educated,in 102 houses. food production is well balanced even thou it is a little low. trading helps bring in a bout 2000 food each year. the bannies fell short on copper. they spent the last winter scavenging copper ore so tools  will recover. the indian chief is 74 and the undertaker is 80 years old.

we started with a small camp and built a nice trading fort.the indians settles nearby to hunt bison. south of our border is the Mexican adobe village,a huge mission,and an Egyptian village. a double south African town has been started.the fort produces saddles from leather they trade from the indians. they also have groups of explorers that bring back furs and gold.  the adobe village can not produce food with crop fields in this heat. the peaches do well.the spring fed pond supplies the mission with fish and enough water for their roses and shade trees. the egypt village is small but makes a good work camp for builders and laborers.

it is quite different with a mixture of mods. i think it looks good.having mod options helped keep us supplied with food and tools.

there are a few combo gardeners working to clear regrowth. the RK ROP is better than the RKEC for that. here thatch-fodder does regrow.the bannies keep looking for leopards and snakes. they do wonder why it doesn't rain much in this jungle. LOL RED did make improvements. it took twice as long for the regrowth to take over, but the forests look thicker than the RKEC.

the african town is 2 mod sets. being a large area,it will probaby take more than 10 years to finish.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: prodiction
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs

brads3

@angainor88 lots gets built over the next few years. stick around  :)

brads3

YEAR 50

the only storage for the African sets is a mountain storage. they will need some crates and carts for storage from KID and EB.2 KID greenhouse fields will grow food. the African mod comes with tea so an orchard is planted. a  dock and a market are completed.

PIC 1:fishing dock
pic 2; african market
pic 3: tea oarchard and KID's gardens

brads3

YEAR 51

i went to look at the write ups on these mods. not everythig translated to english in the toolbars  and i wanted to be sure of what the buildigs did.i don't want to mess it up and was hoping for more info on how the set fits together. found i am missing the africa housig set.hopefully i am not missing any other parts. with several mods makig up a set,it is handy to have a list of all of the parts.in this case i actually have 2 sets, south africa and moracco.

while workers are busy hauling materials,the builders work to improve some roads.an egyptian stone road stretches from the african vilage to the mission. the university is competed and a synagogue and tannery.

pic 1: added house icons
pic 2: university
pic 3: tannery and synagogue
pic 4: egypt stone road

brads3

YEAR 52

a tea house and a food stand are built.not sure if the tea house will function since it reads that it takes tea leaves.this did process tea once i raised the luxury limit. the building does read that it uses the food limit.

since it is africa or mexico,i decided to upgrade to a sandy road for the african village. not all roads can lay dow over top of another so i didn't go back and change roads thru the mission. since the mission has the spring,several parks are upgraded to a lush grass.

there are a lot of different houses in these sets. i wil use the huts for farmers. then the south african or cape town set south of the lake. 

pic 1: tea house
pic 2; moving the workpile
pic 3: sandy road
pic 4:lush grass for the mission park