News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Food Desert

Started by irrelevant, June 13, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

@RedKetchup  I would not call 1367 citizen in 69 years slow! I would like to see your 75 year population graph.  :o

What class/spec  is your main?

Quote from: irrelevant on June 15, 2014, 11:03:34 AM
Also, if you have tools and/or coats for sale , the livestock merchants will sell cattle for 600 rather than the usual 1000 they want if all you have is firewood. Not sure which it is that they like, or if it takes both together.

I ordered sheep once when I was desperate (was like 50+ years without any) so I did not realize that about cattle. Does the cheaper price only come with no firewood at all in the trading post? Or can there be firewood with tools and coats. I usually have all three available to trade and I've never seen it effect the normal price thus far. Interesting bug/feature though. ;D

solarscreen

I don't think I have ever paid 1,000 for cattle. That must be what the cost is is you pre-order.  Normally the cost is:

Chickens 400
Sheep 600
Cattle 800

15 hospitals!  We aren't doing that challenge yet!   LOL

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

Quote from: solarscreen on June 16, 2014, 03:50:04 AM
I don't think I have ever paid 1,000 for cattle. That must be what the cost is is you pre-order.  Normally the cost is:

Chickens 400
Sheep 600
Cattle 800

@solarscreen I didn't realize the price was higher if you pre-ordered. Maybe that was what happened, it was a new TP with no livestock order, rather than having the tools and coats at the TP. So many things to remember, so few brain cells left to do it with.

@mariesalias I had firewood for sale as well, but now I'm not sure whether what I reported is accurate.

RedKetchup

@mariesalias

this is my 75 years pop graph : euh.... it s only 1,2,5,10,25,50 or 100 years. i ll give you the 50 and 100 years :)

and about the other question : Survival Hunter http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Redketchup/advanced

@solarscreen : and i ve just finally got rid of .... measles, after 22 years :S
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

So in the past day I've been more and more using traders to move resources around. They are super fast and will do exactly what you tell them to. I'd been using them to move wool and leather from the hinterlands to the workshops, but now I'm thinking of more ways to make use of their abilities. Specifically moving stone, logs, and iron around.

I'm not currently in front of the game. Can someone tell me what is the maximum number of traders you can have assigned to a single TP? I know it's at least 12, but I'm thinking it possibly could be a lot more than that?

salamander

From my current game, it looks like the default is 6, but that can be increased to 20.

mariesalias

@RedKetchup  Thank you. It was not what I expected to see, though I am not really sure what that was. Maybe a smoother ascent?   Grats on finally getting rid of your town's measles. :D

That is cool, my main is a SV Hunter, as well!

salamander

A 22 year epidemic ... that's pretty nasty.  There are some folks here (I'm one of them) that seem to be interested in epidemics and hospitals.  You might think about starting a new topic on this.

RedKetchup

oh god ! i just got an outbreak of ... influenza  :'(
how long this one will last me ?

salamander

Influenza (maybe by chance) was one of the worst epidemics I've seen over several games.  For me, though, it only lasted a few years.  Hopefully, it won't be as bad as your measles epidemic.

But ... it seems like Luke put some thought into how epidemics work (ie, the severity/longevity is influenced by population size).  Your population is a lot higher than mine was with the influenza, and my guess would be that you might be in for a bad few years.

RedKetchup

sweet , it only lasted 18months

bah ya my measles was always going down to 1 to 3 peeps and then go back to 58 :( they always totally failed to finally cure the very last ones and then going back to 50+ like crazy :(. it lasted 22 years

i used 6828 herbs so far in this city since day 1

irrelevant

I've never had such epidemics as these. Mine normally fizzle out after infecting a small number of people. The last one I had was confined to patient zero, even though he was in a school when he became ill. I definitely feared the worst on that one.

@RedKetchup what is the state of your citizens' health? Do you have hospitals? And how about herbs? My town is solid 5 hearts, I have three hospitals, and ~1500 herbs. My first town I had some nasty epidemics, and I realized I needed to be doing more to avoid them.

RedKetchup

when measles happended i had 4.5-5 hearth and 4.0-4.5 happiness, i had 14 hospitals and 550ish herbs and a pop of 1200-1400

but i am really starting to get tired of this city :( so long time i am on it.

tired of this laggy thing... tired of waiting 10 years before a dozen of building get built with 50 laborers and 500 farmers(laborers in winters) ... tired of this 1.0.3 patch... i miss my 1.0.0 when hundreds of farmers was the deadliest powerful force in the universe :P

rkelly17

Whoa! This thread has ballooned!

1st, I'm going to assume that @RedKetchup is going to host us all at a corn roast in the near future, featuring bean salad.

2nd, in what little time I got to play over the weekend I had a massive Small Pox epidemic. I realized that the hospital I had built out of the way was now on a major thoroughfare after extensive expansion--I've now deconstructed that one and replaced it with a less accessible one. Even so, the little devils are absolutely insistent on idling around the hospital. More than once the small pox epidemic got down to 2 or 3 when a pack of idlers all got sick at once and spread it around town again. Anyway, I opened the widow of every person who got sick (probably 50 or 60 all told) and except for 3 all had 5 hearts and 5 stars. The three had 4.5 hearts and 5 stars. My conclusion is that health is unrelated to getting sick. People with 5 hearts died of small pox after they were at the hospital. I am also beginning to think that idling near the hospital is programmed in for a reason. No matter how ugly and how impossibly placed my hospitals are, they attract idlers. I am suspicious that this is programmed in to make sure that epidemics spread at least somewhat. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

irrelevant

Quote from: salamander on June 16, 2014, 07:00:28 AM
From my current game, it looks like the default is 6, but that can be increased to 20.
Yes, the maximum at one TP is 20