News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Audoboistow - RKEC1.31 first impressions

Started by irrelevant, July 02, 2019, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Tried and tried and TRIED, but never could get this island to go all the way away. Only cost me one house in the end though.

irrelevant

Used the primo real estate on the map for a @Discrepancy village. Beautiful stuff! Could wish for a few more "F" options, like some windows in the blank walls of the Byggen Townhouses (for where they get used on corners). Also maybe a ground floor school. But the Brick Townhouses are superb (love the back yards and the oddball floating storage unit), as are the Stone Townhouses (I wish those had a few more options too)!

Got some room there for a few more blocks.

Ugh, may have to replace that one slate-roofed Byggen with a tile roof, cause I've got OCD pretty bad.

ETA: Of course the mod is by @Discrepancy, corrected. Sorry about that!

irrelevant

irrelevant

@Discrepancy Expanded DS Village

Wish I had used full dormers on all the Townhouses  :(

irrelevant

Aw, man. Starting to crash out.  >:(

I've got a DS baker making cakes, have a TP set to collect them. I made cakes earlier with a RK baker using a different set of inputs. I bet that's it.

@RedKetchup help!  :o ;)

irrelevant

Fortunately I made a save a this point, before I built the baker. We'll see if going back in time can rescue this town.

brads3

moonbelf

Yes, good luck! Hope your crashes go away after the reload.

irrelevant

irrelevant

That didn't fix it. This time it crashed when I was adding a vanilla dirt road.

Never add mods to an existing game. I "learned" this lesson once already.

This town is done.

irrelevant

I've read some posts about modifying the registry. I am not tech-savvy at all, is that something that could possibly help me here? Or is that useful only for starting a new town?

brads3

no,just new maps. everything is locked in the save files.

Artfactial

Aw, sad to hear, it is indeed playing with fire to add new mods to savegames, although some are far safer than others.
Was really liking those DS blocks; the townhouse mod is definitely one of my favorites.:)

RedKetchup

i am very sorry. i cannot help there. no idea what happended in your game.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

Quote from: irrelevant on August 09, 2019, 07:32:45 PM
That didn't fix it. This time it crashed when I was adding a vanilla dirt road.

Never add mods to an existing game. I "learned" this lesson once already.

This town is done.

yes and no. you can add to the game so mods that just add new buildings but do not change the functions will work. you can not change the game so mods that alter the start settings,processing of goods,building requirements to the main vanilla buildings,etc will cause issues.

there is a theory that since the game  loads the top mod down,adding a mod to the bottom won't cause problems. since the coding above is locked,any new mod won't affect anything and the changes would be overlooked. as you have founf that theory is flawed. even if this did work,you aren't getting the full use of the new mod.depending on what all is in the new mod, much of it will be ignored and not loaded.

this is the part many players fail to realize. just because a mod was added and you see parts of it,doesnt mean that mod loaded completely. so the player won't get all the benefits or affects of the mod. kinda like buying a big pickup truck to go to the  store and buy 1 bag of groceries or a bus for just 2 people. adjusting the mod order is the only way to merge mods and get the most out of them. even then, there is some give and take to how they will work.

in your case,you can try to go back several save points and try again.if you can narrow down why it is crashing, you might be able to save the map. i am assuming you have enough computer memory to run the mods.i am also assuming that you haven't reached the dreaded maximum storage or population crash point.you could go back to a save before the mod you believe is causing the crash and tear down all buildings that are affected with the new mod. could take a lot of time. if you added something recently,there is a good chance it can be fixed. you did play quite a while with some of the DS added.if you built a different building that is crashing the game,it might be easy to narrow down. since you used the DS for so long,i'd be surprised it was causing the crash. i suppose it is possable that a merchant finally got confused. if sounless you saved right as it was suppose to appear on the map,there is a good chance reloading the save would solve it.  again,it depends how much tie you want to invest in trying to save the map. you can try going back farther to  earlier save points.