News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Long time no see! Hello Friends!

Started by MarkAnthony, July 31, 2020, 03:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

by the way not sure you was here when we did this. we do have the pine mod working better with the RKEC.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on August 09, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
by the way not sure you was here when we did this. we do have the pine mod working better with the RKEC.
I kind of recall there being an issue with Necora's Pine mod and RKEC but I forgot what it was; So what do I need to do to make them work good together?
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

we use the
NEW PINE FLORA patch to bring the items to the map.
then the Crysatl Cliffs mod,this bridges the pine and RKEC or merges them together.
then the pine mod
and then RKEC.
that order should work with no crashes and RED's start options work.

Nilla

Hi Mark! Welcome back. Nice to see you around again. I´m making one of my usual "Banished breaks" but occasionally pops in on WOB  to see what´s going on. But I´, sure I´ll be back playing when the days are geting shorter and colder. Usually, I can´t stay away for long. ;)

brads3

NILLA,how is life going across the pond?

Nilla

Life is going on quite well. We´re still more or less in quarantine, but it´s OK, because we´re back in our house and it´s summer warm. I don´t need the Mediterranean See to go swimming. And there are a lot of things to do. The thing I miss the most is to hug my grandson but at least we can spend some time together outside.

brads3

good to hear you are well. just don't climb any trees.

kid1293

CookieBarrel

Welcome back MarkAnthony
You're the rebel rouser that convinced me to join in on the discourse.
Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 09, 2020, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: brads3 on August 09, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
I kind of recall there being an issue with Necora's Pine mod and RKEC but I forgot what it was; So what do I need to do to make them work good together?

Quote from: brads3 on August 09, 2020, 06:21:13 PM
we use the
NEW PINE FLORA patch to bring the items to the map.
then the Crysatl Cliffs mod,this bridges the pine and RKEC or merges them together.
then the pine mod
and then RKEC.
that order should work with no crashes and RED's start options work.
Remember to use RKECtownhall above MaritimePineSet and RKEC
Alternatively, If you want to try RKEC above MaritimePineSet.
Replace RKECtownhall with KidTreeReplacer

MarkAnthony

Any time I want to try and play a game using New Flora or Nat Div or Pineset and et al or any combination thereof, the thought of trying to mentally figure it all out just makes my head spin trying to keep everything straight! I've actually come to the point of just not using them anymore.

I have bookmarked this thread though on the off-chance that one day when I have nothing better to do I'll bang my head against the wall and try to figure it out.   :P

Thanks for the added info.

EDIT: I have also forgotten when it was required to use @RedKetchup 's TownHall fix. There were only certain instances when it was needed and I have long forgotten those scenarios.

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

there is give and take to them. can't use RKEC and NATD DIV, won't get the wild animals. you can add to the RKEC but not replace the grass and flowers without giving up the animals too.just way the game was designed. the new flora patch adds the pine items without taking away. this allows us to add trapping.

the order  i posted above, works to prevent crashes that occurred when using a RKEC start. you may get differences with what items are gathered depending on the map start settings.

CookieBarrel

LOL yeah it can be daunting at times.
Dotyvill was actually the result of trying to figure out how to get Nat Div blended in with other mods, failed miserably.
Ended up using Kids WildlifeStarts to get RK animals and grass, KidSwampThing for reeds, and of course
RKEC to continue growing grass and adding flowers.

Concerning the RKECTownHall.pkm
If you build the main townhall with Pineset above RKEC the game would crash. This was the only purpose for the patch.
If you and brade3 found another use for RKECTownHall I,m unaware of it.

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 19, 2020, 11:08:29 AM
I have bookmarked this thread though on the off-chance that one day when I have nothing better to do I'll bang my head against the wall and try to figure it out.   :P

Don't worry brade3 and I will insure you'll have a nice beg welt on that noggin.
Have a cookie on me, you'll need it! :P

CookieBarrel

Sorry for the double post
Although, playing several games with RKEC above Pineset with no TownHall crash, I ran into one
while testing a new load order. Seems it depends on what's between RKEC & Pineset.
So.. best to have the patch active regardless.