Take that discussion elsewhere!

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: kid1293 on March 17, 2018, 11:50:56 AM
Indeed, not the place for this. ::)

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: kid1293 on March 17, 2018, 11:50:56 AM
My apologies to you kid, I wasn't trying to disrupt the thread or start a fight. My intention was to show that mod order is probably causing the problem for okissafire and that the problem okissafire is having is probably not because of Steam.

galensgranny

Maybe @RedKetchup can split out the comments not about Kid's mods and make a new thread for those.

kid1293

Ah, I don't mind. New people will start from beginning and find my mods.
If they read to the end they have to blame themselves  :D

marcoic

Hello KID!!!
I'm currently rocking my banished using your Tiny Separate v1.6 and Animal Shed SA 2 (I love wool :D) but somehow I get all these new items in the general view like luxuries crafted items forged items and so on. Also, the coal its now called mineral and I cant see how much I produce on the town hall anymore.
I like to have the game values and resources as much "vanilla" I can, but I love to add new balanced buildings, like the tiny compilation you made, it's balanced and beautiful. But I don't know why I get all this new stuff. Also, there's this new "Rose hips" type of food with the icon really big :P and it makes menus where its broadcasted look funny.
Id love to use this new building without the added materials and stuff :(

Love your mods thanks

edit. sorry i also have plimoth plantation v1.3 and its also adding new resources

kid1293

Hi @marcoic

I use the files we all use for adding new flags to the game.
It was someone's idea having coal as mineral. It is to make it possible
to have other products from mines under one flag. Iron ore, copper ore...
I haven't thought about it. I am so used to it by now.

About Rose Hips - I have added resources from New Flora.
It is to be able to collect New Flora stuff with my gatherer.
But big icon? I haven't seen it. Can you post a picture?

Yes, I understand your frustration. You get a lot of changes to vanilla game
by just adding a few mods.

But it is to stay compatible if you run the game with even more mods.
If you have new products I will be able to display them in my town hall too.

:)

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: marcoic on March 18, 2018, 03:55:05 PM
I like to have the game values and resources as much "vanilla" I can, but I love to add new balanced buildings, like the tiny compilation you made, it's balanced and beautiful. But I don't know why I get all this new stuff. Also, there's this new "Rose hips" type of food with the icon really big :P and it makes menus where its broadcasted look funny.
Id love to use this new building without the added materials and stuff :(
I understand your reluctance to use mods that alter basic game features like, but you are missing out on some wonderful content which has been carefully created to be in harmony with the games vanilla features. Most mods you will find here are discussed and tested before they are published, so you get very few who are unbalanced.

You must also consider that Banished is a finished game, the only new content comes from mods. The way the mod kit works limits greatly what can be done, so it is nearly impossible to create things that alter the basics of the game, (frustrating for modders, but in your case a good thing). One of the great things is that the modding community is very open, sharing code, agreeing on what is what, so there is almost complete compatibility across the work of many creators.

If you still want only vanilla goods, then you can use many mods that are only buildings, or decorative in nature, all you have to do is read carefully the descriptions to see exactly what each mod adds. So many wonderful buildings can be found.

I strongly encourage you to try as many mods as you want, my current list is well above 100, including almost all of Kid's mods. You should also consider using New Flora, its worth considering since it adds interesting possibilities.

Finally, if you find resources that don't fit you can always sell them, at a loss if balance still concerns you.

marcoic

@kid1293

This is how I see the Rose Hips

Denis de la Rive

The trading post list all the resources that are available in your village, you should look in your town hall to see if you have any in storage, in markets, or houses, (different tabs). You can also look at your houses or storage/markets to see what you have in your inventory. As for rose hips they are created by the mod new flora, and can be eaten, (it is considered as fruit). You must have collected them when you cleared land and your villagers have taken them home to eat. It is something that can easily be missed when using a new mod. Kid's gather has been modded to use new flora resources so your gather is also collecting them, look there to see how much you get each year.

Hope this helps.  :)

kid1293

@marcoic - You must have added more mods than you wrote about.

My rose hips have a normal icon. And that icon you show is for wild honey.
I have never seen that size before so I am certain it is not from me.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on March 22, 2018, 05:17:46 AM
@marcoic - You must have added more mods than you wrote about.

My rose hips have a normal icon. And that icon you show is for wild honey.
I have never seen that size before so I am certain it is not from me.

maybe it is the link ? calling for the non-small one while if should be the _small one ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Yes, the link. But who did it and in what mod?

marcoic

Thanks all

@kid1293
Its not that important anyway I just wanted to know why it looks funny :P

This are ALL THE MODS I have now, and my rosehips look like that:
More Terrain by Cygnus
Better Season Report by GimmeCat
DebugMenu by HushedAssassin
CC Terrain Tools by BlackLiquidTeam
MultipleStarts! by Tikaszar
Kid - Tiny Separate V1.6 by ... Kid obviously

kid1293

:-[

I doublechecked and well... what do you know... I found the culprit!
I had New Flora on top so I never saw it.

My fault! I am sorry! Have a beer!  ;) :)

Fix will be coming.