News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Small Town Rowhouses V2.2

Started by kid1293, February 20, 2017, 02:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i actually think we should all baxk up and let KID have a break. he has been at it non stop for quite some time.

Abandoned

@brads3 I agree with you 100%,  Enough is enough, expecting kid to change mods over and over, add this add that. 
Coverings mod is fine as is, plus weird shed, after numerous changes.  Give him a break.  @kid1293, I would suggest if you want to add matching covering add it to row house mod itself not to coverings.  Both mods are big enough but then would have to be used together, same with workplace.  Anything else you would want to add could later be an add-on mod later.  Not everyone wants advanced buildings.   Don't burn yourself out, please.   :)

kid1293

Thanks!
I can feel I'm stumbling now.

But ---

It's done!

New texture on all buildings. (not fisherman) :)
I have divided the mod in two. Housing and Business.
Added 2 coverings - 1x1 and 2x2 with all textures.
Tailor now can make linen clothes.
Several fixes and optimizing of textures and models.
It's only the packaging and uploading left.

ancientmuse

Wowzers !

It all looks great... you've been a busy little beaver with all these new looks and ao changes.

Two thumbs up !

(dang... we need a thumbs up emoticon in the forum)

:D

Maldrick

Really looks amazing, @kid1293 .  Can't wait to check it out.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

elemental

Nice clean look. I love the contrast between the almost black/white walls and the tiles.

Abandoned

Fantastic job @kid1293 , and I loved that rooftop dormer window the first time I use this mod, I even rebuilt one of the houses to use that variant.  Packaging, Uploading, and Break time!  :)

kid1293

I hear you and I listen to your advice.  :)

DONE!

brads3

this planet is too big. we need a place where the wisemen can go for a respite vacation.with no internet or cell access.some place calm that the modders can travel to for a month long meeting and some brainstorming.a private getaway island or something.sadly only elite politicians get to do that.

kid1293

Hi @brads3 ! I think it is up to myself.
But I can't say no to requests that make sense.
You said you wanted more textures on tavern. OK.
It's so easy for me to sit and do things I want to have.
It is totally another dimension when answering requests.

I know I am not forced to do it.
I feel I have shared it with you all and then it's up to me
to bug-fix and update and whatever since it is no longer
only my mod. You are also part in it.

I would not have come up with half of all ideas by myself.

Gatherer

And we players appreciate all your hard work. This game would have been dead within a year if it wasn't for all of you talented modders.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

elemental

Quote from: Gatherer on May 27, 2017, 02:05:47 PM
And we players appreciate all your hard work. This game would have been dead within a year if it wasn't for all of you talented modders.

Absolutely. I saw it on youtube without modding. Kinda boring. Not really a lot to do. Didn't buy it. Then I saw it with mods and I had to have it. Since then, thanks to all the talented modders it's only got better.  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 27, 2017, 09:02:44 AM

Hi @brads3 ! I think it is up to myself.
But I can't say no to requests that make sense.
You said you wanted more textures on tavern. OK.
It's so easy for me to sit and do things I want to have.
It is totally another dimension when answering requests.

I know I am not forced to do it.
I feel I have shared it with you all and then it's up to me
to bug-fix and update and whatever since it is no longer
only my mod. You are also part in it.

I would not have come up with half of all ideas by myself.

The trick is (I think) that when you have a fantastic foundation (or even a whimsical as we saw in the Smurf housing), that people will become involved, and want to grow the mods - not because of a demanding "I must have it" (some do though), but because we the players get involved in the process, and are excited by the process.  I know I certainly get excited by what is being modded, and through this excitement, my creative ideas start to bubble, and others too (it is a shame that I can't mod, I wish I could, you'd think after being in game dev for over a decade the art would've rubbed off on me, sadly no.  :(  ).  Some like to share (a me person), and sometimes the modders get excited by the vision as well.  Your excitement as a modder feeds our excitement as players, and from that, an excellent mod - can turn into something more, and it becomes a community excellent mod. :)

You have certainly done your talent well @kid1293 :)  I'm so thrilled that you took up some ideas, that you added the new colours (I am digging them, I wasn't too sure about the orange tone, but, it looks amazing in a large community stadium), and I'm just a very happy camper. 

I know my thoughts and excitement aren't eveyone's cup-o-tea (but, that's the beauty of it, I don't give a sh!t if I don't want to), but, what I do know is that I am very grateful that mine and the others excitement has been like an itchy rash - catchy :D  hahahaha 

And don't be too modest, you came up with more than half of it, those others of us that gave any input were fillers :D

Thank you :)  Again :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@QueryEverything maybe try a simpler mod kit, I heard forest villager is looking for modders.   ;D

kid1293

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 27, 2017, 09:24:17 PM
...that people will become involved, and want to grow the mods - not because of a demanding "I must have it" (some do though), but because we the players get involved in the process, and are excited by the process...

Then I feel I have done what I wanted to do.
Let people be creative.  :) :) :)