News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, March 10, 2017, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah you need to check the overall versus the number of people  working of the chain.

but definitely, there is a bit too many fodder. i need to reduce it.
the thing with the water.... water is good to calm hungry ^^^
but not alot nutricious :P

edit i just cut the fodder production from 24-32  to 16-24 thats 25% less
i will cut the fertilizer too  from 6-8 to 4-6 25% less too:P
and i fixed the string table about the 12 fodder (instead of 8) in the stable menu

the new version not dispo yet
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

thank you,REd for reducing the fodder. i also have found that to be overproductive. i use 1 fodder, 2 stables with 1 worker and 2 grenhouses also with 1 worker each. i always hit the limit with the fodder and it throws the set out of balance. end up with fodder,no fertilizer and then the greenhouses stop working.i tried to send the fodder to a trading post to get back under the limits and the trading post never fills with it. last time i tried to get the fodder to only use half its circle area and still was overpowered. be glad to try with the 25% reduction. i do wish the greenhoses produced more than just beans. an option to have 1 set to berries or each produce beans and fruit both would have been good.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on March 28, 2017, 12:51:00 PM
i do wish the greenhoses produced more than just beans. an option to have 1 set to berries or each produce beans and fruit both would have been good.

wut ? greenhouses can produce over a dozen different items !! open the menu for the other options

brads3

thank you RED. wow that is a list. i missed it before. that helps a lot.

Nilla

It seems to be a good idea to reduce the fodder and fertilizer 25% each, the way you say. If I recalculate my values with these production numbers, it will give a production of 600- 650 for each worker (1 fodder farm, 2 stables, 6 greenhouses, 4 wells); a little less than a "perfect" farmer, but still very good. The same thing, if you add the space of the fodder and the production sites, it will give about the same output, as if you would build farms on this area. I find that reasonable, too.

I'm not sure if @brads3´s problem with too much fodder in the barns will go away, but now when he has discovered all the lovely things, you can produce in the greenhouses, he might chose to build some more stables and greenhouses and everything will turn out well. ;)

Another thing to prevent someone like me, to buy fertilizer and only run the small, very productive greenhouses; increase the tradevalue of fertilizer to 3 (yes, some merchants will bring it, at least to Necoras little trading port, vanilla port I don't know). It will do no harm; still the fertilizer isn't profitable enough to sell, but it would take away the loss. (1,25 win on each fertilizer, with the new values a stable worker will produce about 250, I don't run export businesses with a profit of only 300 each year)   :P

RedKetchup

in the other hand, you dont have this nice meadows on your map if you dont farm it and buy fetilizer

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 29, 2017, 06:25:17 AM
in the other hand, you dont have this nice meadows on your map if you dont farm it and buy fetilizer

Right! :)

It might convince me, not to buy the dung, but you know me; no guarantee!  ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 29, 2017, 06:29:35 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 29, 2017, 06:25:17 AM

Right! :)

It might convince me, not to buy the dung, but you know me; no guarantee!  ;)

but i can do something though .... make the merchants importing so few at the time it will discourage you to try to import those :)

Agnes53

Hi all! This mod looks really nice, I´d like to try it, but can I use it with the 1.0.6 version? I haven´t had the courage to download 1.0.7 yet..  ;D

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 29, 2017, 07:43:02 AM

but i can do something though .... make the merchants importing so few at the time it will discourage you to try to import those :)

Very good idea!  :)

Paeng

Quote from: Nilla on March 29, 2017, 09:20:48 AMVery good idea!

Yes, very good indeed...

I would even go further and make it harder (or at least much more expensive) to build the stables and greenhouses...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Nilla

Here comes my promised numbers from the greenhouse production from my latest game:

As I said, I played a round a bit yesterday, not in the hay, but with the hay. Inspired by @Paeng´s many haypiles and the hay harvest from my childhood, where "everyone" went out on the meadows to harvest hay a few weeks in summer; always sunny, always a lot of fun for the children; riding the hay wagon, picnic in the meadows, sleeping in the fresh hay in the barn. I guess it was very tiresome and heavy work for the adults, but for children; a good time. 

I decided to test; what is, if the forester only plant the hay, and "everyone" is used for the harvest; once a year the area is cleared. I guess it wasn't a very good idea. To test this, I wanted a clean area to start with. It took many years to get rid of the grass in the circle. (I ran it some years in a normal way, before I got this idea). It's a lot of fodder in such a circle. That's for sure! The first picture shows how some of the last finally is harvested.  As the circle was empty, I let 1 single forester plant new grass. After 1 year, I cleared the area; lots of beautiful hay piles and a huge harvest; ~6500 hay harvested this way. (Second picture) Quite insane. I know, it's not meant to be ran this way. If you send a lot of people out to clear a forest, you'll get a lot of logs, too but you can't do that every year. You can with the fodder and get enough to run 10 stables. And this experiment was with 1 forester planting, with 2 it will be even more!

So @RedKetchup, if you want to change the productivity of this way of farming, I don't think you ought to care all too much about the fodder part. I guess it's quite impossible to find a way using the forester method, that produces hay continuously in a normal way, as it's meant to be, that you can't "cheat" in this, or a similar way. I think it's better to forget this part and accept, that you can produce as much fodder you need easily. Instead focus on the other steps; and maybe reduce the output of them.

I made some notes of the numbers;
I have 6 stables with 2 worker in each. The production of fertilizer was 536- 672, average 624.
These stables supply 22 greenhouses. The production of food was 1848-2184, I guess the average is around 2000.
I also have 14 wells with an average production around 500.

Together 48 people producing 44 000 food or, ~920 each. I find that too much.

There is an overproduction of fodder, fertilizer and water. It's not that easy to produce food in greenhouses with a high productivity. The Bannis seem to have fun in carrying these things around the map! :-\ I find fertilizer in the most remote barns, and not only small amounts, that might land there by accident. The barns close to the the stables might be empty, still the people fill these remote barns. It seems like the barns are programmed to contain a little of each kind of material, and since fodder and fertilizer have their own, the Bannis think, that they need to spread it out. I can't even guess, why they prefere fertilizer over fodder, ther's always more fertilizer.

I have built some extra greenhouses here and there, close to a full barn, but it's hard to get rid of the fertilizer. You can see one on the third picture. I built the barn on the shore for flax, hemp, rope and dories, but you can see, there's a lot of fertilizer and some fodder. The same thing with the small yellow barn close to the greenhouse; built for flax, furs and pelt from the close forest, containing a lot of fertilizer and hay.

RedKetchup

effectively, i think fertilizer is too much productive.
thanks you @Nilla for your numbers :)

like i said before, i lowered the fodder.... i will check more closely about fertilizer....
hopefully will get a new build soon :)

Paeng

Maybe it also helps to make the circle for the fodder farmer a bit smaller... would maybe also reduce the performance hit  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

i agree with NILLA on the food production being too high. an average of 500 per worker is sufficient. with multiple testing i have done, i think the fodder could be cut by 50%.i'm running 1 fodder worker,2 stables,4 greemhouses,and 2 water.all with 1 worker each.i set the fodder to only use half the circle. i am about breaking even on fodder and fertilizer running this way.the stables eat about 500 fodder each per year.
i turned the stables,fodder,greenhouses and 1 well on at the same time. i was hoping the barns and greenhouses would stock water while fodder was being produced. all the buildings initially stocked just 16 water. by the next year i did need more water.now however the storage of water in the stables and GH's has increased and i have water surplus of over 500. i don;t think the fertilizer is too high.NILLA'S numbers are flawed. 1 stable can support 2 greenhouses with 1 worker each. she has 2 workers so she should have 24 greenhouses.since she only has 22,she should have extra fertilizer.
  what would be nice is if there was an option for the stable barn to have milk cows and produce milk say 250 or equal to the fertilizer+the fertilzer as now. even if it ment the stable "eats" more fodder to do that. also,what about doing another forester that gives corn or a mixture of grains and then feed some of that grain back to the milk stable??