News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (3) thread

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 07:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissyHissy

RedKetchup

since then i worked a bit on the Limestone spawns...

i need maybe to still have to play with the numbers, but i dont dislike my rock meshes...
i still want to make it special and only spawn on cliffs. Why ? because thats new and maybe fun!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

You know I love me some rocks and these are WONDERFUL! The idea of some of them just at the edges of cliffs sounds really neat and pretty too =)

MissyHissy

They look wonderful!
Have you changed the clothing for the people too? Looks great!

RedKetchup

Quote from: MissyHissy on April 03, 2019, 11:53:25 AM
They look wonderful!
Have you changed the clothing for the people too? Looks great!

yes ! they have the new clothing texture we gave them a 2 years ago :)

Kimbolton

RedKetchup

i know i havent posted much lately, but i am still working on the maps of Rise of the Pharaoh and the way things spawns on the map.

i started with redoing the layers of how spawn each part of the vegetation: starting at max shore: Papyrus, Reeds, Shore trees, then land trees (along with the minerals back)
and then since 2 days, i edited all numbers in all maps concepts about : number of lakes, sizes of lakes, number of rivers, how much mountains or not. only thing left is the erosion.

which bring me a question. I wish to make mountains looks like hills and dunes.... but it has a nasty side effect. it can take from 30 to 45 more seconds to generate the map, just cause the erosion.
So i am wondering if i should do it or not.

donwolfkonecny

Can you do a screenshot of the erosion?

Kristahfer

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 12, 2019, 10:11:50 AM
... I wish to make mountains looks like hills and dunes.... but it has a nasty side effect. it can take from 30 to 45 more seconds to generate the map, just cause the erosion.
So i am wondering if i should do it or not.

I am willing to have a slight decrease to load time for hills and dunes.
There are hills, dunes, and mountains in Egypt. Is it possible to have all three.

Waiting with baited breath for this mod set. Really love your work. 

RedKetchup

i am almost done playing with geological effects : lakes, number, sizes, river counts, number of flat zones, their sizes, how connected they need to be.... and then erosion.
erosion data is set in each map for each size (4 sizes per map: small, medium, large, Xlarge) and look like this:

// erosion
         int _erosion = 4000000;

thats the origival mountain map value. RKEC is set at int _erosion = 2400000; smaller the number is , more steep and high are mountains.

so to make the mountain look like dunes or small hills... you need to make up that number to 20,000,000 to 90,000,000 (20mega to 90mega instead of 2.4 or 4.0 mega)
but it takes a lot of time to bring down those mountains.

but it looks, it almost specially control the mountains all around the map, the map edges. and i can make control more the hills/mountain i am forming from the bottom of the valley......

i think it takes less time now. my biggest number is 20 mega. but more mostly towards good numbers now.

brads3

RED good job looking into this. wil this increased load time have other affects? will it slow the game as the bannies walk up and down them? how much affect on graphics?

i like the idea of having long hills instead of mountains. even if they sloped up to max height of a mountain,they would give much walking room. be great places for foresters. maybe we can have some flat tops to the hills also. this idea cod make some fun maps.

RedKetchup

it has no other effects once generated.

moonbelf

@RedKetchup This new mod project of yours is looking really really good! The detail and artistry as you create is just wonderful. Can't wait to see more of it.

taniu

@RedKetchup  ;D beautiful design - like a fairy tale. Greetings ;D

RedKetchup

thanks you @taniu for the donation !!! THANKS YOU !!!!

i am working presently on a row housing addon for RKEC.

so far 1 icon made, in 12 colors, they have 4 different models (2x with dorments or without) + (2x models with door one side or the other). those are 2x4 with road, hold 4 people only (2 adults 2 children) and cost 24 lumber, 8 stones. the last tile in the back allow shorelines(the back foundations will adapt to the water).

planing to make a 3 tiles width with 5 peeps, and a 1 tile wide for retirement apts(allowing 2 adults only)
also planning to add 3 floor high with 5 peeps.

this will be included one day in RKEC 1.4