News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

Quote from: QueryEverything on December 16, 2016, 02:47:23 AM

I ask as I've noticed a problem (though it could be because I was running V1, not V2 Beta), that the newer mods such as Market BBQ & Soup Kitchen and butchers aren't using the "Wild Meat", and often complain that they don't have enough produce, yet the barn next to them is overflowing with the needed "Wild Meat", and I've been having to work around this by trading with traders 1:1 Wild Meat for normal Meat.

Do you know if this is common, or just I have a glitch somewhere?

I hope you are still around, I love your mod!!!!

That is because the 'Wild Meat' isn't the same meat (resource). The same goes for 'Wild animal skin'. I can see why @Darkbibou picked wild animal skin as new resource : Make use of tannery 'to make' leather, one step more in the production chain.. as in real life.
but for the 'wild' variants of meat, i too would prefer : mutton, beef, chicken and venison.

Quote from: Nilla on December 16, 2016, 03:57:36 AM
I know nothing about this mod in particular, but as it is an older mod, I guess that it´s made in the version 1.0.4 of Banished/modkid. If your playing version 1.0.6 of Banished, there is often problems with the older mods.
i can confirm both v1 as v2 beta work well in 1.0.6
Quote from: brads3 on December 16, 2016, 06:25:14 AMthere is a similar idea included in the CC ."all the wild things". it was included in the new frontier version of coonial chapter.
thats' because it is tree of life included (maybe altered)

Hmm @Darkbibou hasn't been online here since 2015, so i guess he will not read this for a while :(
@RedKetchup do you know if someone besides darkbibou has the source, and willing to edit this?
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Correct me if I'm wrong, but @kid1293 made Soup Kitchen & Market BBQ not to be dependent on CC or its resources.  Many of us do not use CC which is a big mod by itself but these mods could be used by those who do.  Does not CC have a soup kitchen? Not everything needs to be connected with CC.

brads3

yes the small soup/ bar-b-q can be used with or without CC. no CC does not have a soup kitchen per say. they do have preservist and tin canneries thou.

Abandoned

hey @brads3 thanks for info, I like both those 2 mods and the Tree of Life wild fruit trees, but I would sure hate them all to be dependent on each other or CC to be useable. 

chillzz

Quote from: Abandoned on January 06, 2017, 02:19:04 PM
...I like both those 2 mods and the Tree of Life wild fruit trees, but I would sure hate them all to be dependent on each other or CC to be useable. 

We're not talking about making Market BBQ / Soup Kitchen dependent on CC. The question was why both mods won't use the Tree of Life versions of meat.. and the answer to that is because wild meat unequals regular meat.

some of us would like to have the hunters to catch meat (venison, beef, mutton, chicken) instead of wild venison, wild beef, wild mutton, wild chicken, so it can be used by other mods, or not. I for one would prefer just the basic meats, so it can work with NMT. I don't care much for many new introduced foods / food chains.

Abandoned

Pastures have chicken, beef, & mutton
TOL hunts them, there you have it

chillzz

Quote from: Abandoned on January 06, 2017, 02:35:25 PM
Pastures have chicken, beef, & mutton
TOL hunts them, there you have it
Well Duh!  ;)  but isn't hunted chicken, chicken as well?  :D
there's no actual need to be different meat since it's the same animal.