News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on March 02, 2017, 01:35:56 PM
Is there going to be a layer of snow on the glass roof in winter? That would make it look like the roof really is made of glass.

no. or it is transparent or it is snow. cant have both
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

I see. How annoying. Another limitation from the game engine.  :(  Although I can see why Luke did it like that (so you can have snow on trees) but it's a pity we can't have solid transparent objects (glass).

brads3

can we use a greenhouse to produce native seeds? take in bonemeal,etc and set the output to 1 random seed out of a list of mayb 10. but tweak the numbers so you get 1 new seed every 2 yrs? not sure what else to use besides bonemeal for input.

RedKetchup

no. you cannot take seeds and acquire them like if it is a simple product.

first, in a building, you work a certain units of work. And then the product appear on the ground where you placed the dummy points (create_00x).
seeds, not only are not "rawMaterialItems" and are "NaturalResources" , but also they dont have "3D meshes" that would need when it is on the ground and rdy to be pickup.

so seeds are not a 3D object and need to be directly transfert to a certain list.

there is only 2 ways to acquiert seeds : at begining of the game where you specify the number of them : at easy, normal, hard ... (the code of which ones you get is hidden)
and the other way is merchants: again , all the "buying" process is all hidden too. (the part you select a seed, you pay for it, trade, and most important, the "item bought" is added to your "list of seeds you have" <= all that is hidden and not in the files we can read the syntax.

brads3

what about thinkinig outside the box and make the greenhouse work as a trader like you did with the train? you "buy" using bonemeal,etc and you "buy" a seed??

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on March 03, 2017, 01:33:46 PM
what about thinkinig outside the box and make the greenhouse work as a trader like you did with the train? you "buy" using bonemeal,etc and you "buy" a seed??

the traindrivers and train is a building exactly like a greenhouse or an apiary. it is not a "merchant". Merchants are tighly linked to trading post code and the boat wake code and cannot be seperated.
so a train function like : to consume a product "coins" and you produce another product " apple"

RedKetchup

there is a grey old wood version... and a fresh green painted version

need to do the other set of brick to go with old church stone set

RedKetchup

now we have all 4 :) 2 with red "fire" brick set, 2 with old "church" brick set :)

just need to decide NOW, what i ll do with it :)

1. offer a menu to make seedlings and take seedlings to create every vegetable ?
2. offer no menu and let everything random (seedlings that has no use ? , and every vegetable) ?

elemental

They look great. I like the green with fire brick and the grey with church brick. The open roof is good too. I wish we had animated buildings, then the roof could close in winter. (also, imagine if houses shut all their shutters in winter - would look so much better than the way it is now)

Seedlings are only useful with megamod or for trading. Does anyone really want another building for making seedlings? I don't, but that's just my opinion. Also, will this geenhouse be going into megamod? If it does go into MM then it might end up making seedlings regardless of what your version does.

Just a suggestion, but I would like to see it make a few different fruits and veg, and also herbs. Not a huge range, just a few. Random or menu, either way is good. The other option is make two versions - random and menu. But that's up to you.  :)

Fruit trees can be grown in a large greenhouse but this one isn't huge and doesn't have any trees modeled into it, so I would suggest fruit that doesn't come from trees. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, maybe watermelons, plus a few different veg and herbs.

It could also make mushrooms. It's easy to believe that there are some mushroom boxes hiding in the dark under those benches.  :)

RedKetchup

it will certainly be included in megamod for sure. i dont see why @kralyerg wouldnt want to ^^

agree the windows open at top is great, add alot to the look.

about making 2 versions : a menu and a random : i agree, no problem :) i already started to make my icons for both. icon is a little plant with an house roof over it. the random has dices too in the icon to tell : random.

about vegetables: bah it will have all the vanilla (no grain, no fruit) , about the CC new vegetables.... i would need to : or ask CC crew or remake them... for sure i wouldnt want to add everything they did.
and if i redo some... i would have to do everything from 3D to icons to crop/seeds.

i can do a couple and take that occasion to "fix graphics with a better version - no offenses (everybody, me included, learned alot since 2 years and we are better to compare how we were back in time ^^ " i would redo strawberry and raspberry. maybe watermelon but i would need to see how they look like in CC and see if they need an update. They look great!

i can probably add some boxes under the table and put some mushrooms :)

RedKetchup

oh an i will take that opportunity to fix the prices. i am lowering seedlings from 6 to 2 value... but double the productions from 4-6 to 8-12
overall value changed : -33%

QueryEverything

They are looking fabulous @RedKetchup :)  I like the idea of the either/or option to have 2 available.  For the mini apiaries I have from Discrepancy I have a random row and a dedicated row of them so the numbers always jumble up :) 

And thank you very much for detailing why we can't generate our own seeds, it makes much more sense now!!!  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Just putting this here :)
Also, eagerly waiting my little beach houses (no rush, just waiting :D)
So, a small butcher, even a butchers block to work in with Kid's Workplace
Small Bakery, again to work with Kid's, with the additional egg recipes. 
:)

As per below, happy to sponsor a mesh if needed :)

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 03, 2017, 08:30:06 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 03, 2017, 07:18:15 PM
Quote from: QueryEverything on March 03, 2017, 07:02:05 PM
There is never any harm in asking :) 
Maybe (nicely) asking @RedKetchup if he could make his butcher into a smaller building (as an option) would be helpful?  To fit in with the small Workplace layout.  A butchers block :D maybe??

for sure there are never any harm to ask :)
just know these things ask time and work - most often, more than expected ^^
put in reminder list hehe
I could sponsor a mesh?
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-pig-eye-catcher/707616
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-outdoor-stall/791694
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-butcher-block/566465
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-deli-meat-model/777193
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/colonial-kitchen-table-3d-max/774910
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/butcher-block-3d-max/865220

Anyway ... lemme go put this in your thread :D  haha

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

QueryEverything