News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Zoom hack with Cheat Engine

Started by Brotte, May 19, 2015, 06:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oona

How would a Steam user get this to work?

On my list it's just called Banished

Clicking that opens up application-steam-x64.exe but Cheat Engine can find nothing to display

I would really appreciate any help in getting this to work under steam. I would so love to be able to zoom in and get a close look at the world and the mods I'm beginning to download.
Some days I'm amazing. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.

kid1293

I think you need to type in a value first and scan.

elemental

Quote from: Oona on September 15, 2017, 12:35:41 AM
I would really appreciate any help in getting this to work under steam. I would so love to be able to zoom in and get a close look at the world and the mods I'm beginning to download.

Paeng's step-by-step guide is the only one that made sense to me. I have the Steam version so it should work for you too.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/banishedpeople/the-zoom-hack-t209.html

Oona

Thank you, Kid and Elemental.

I did misread/misunderstand part of the instructions but that wasn't Brotte's fault. I was trying to follow them when I was WAY overtired. It did work today, but I never found entries ending in 41A00000 or 43020000 and I let the scan run long enough for me to wash some laundry. I'll try Paeng's guide. I'm so looking forward to seeing things close up. Even from a distance the Medieval Town buildings are beautiful. Just beautiful.

Oona

You must not be surprised to hear this but, wow. I'm amazed at the detail in the vanilla game. I really didn't expect that much. And the buildings in New Medieval Town are just wonderful. So are the holstein cattle and even the tiny town houses... Much more than I expected!

elemental

That's exactly what I thought when I first got zoomhack to work. So much detail that we don't normally see.  :)

Tamras

Is this still working? When following Paeng's zoom hack trick, each time I minimize Banished to switch to cheat engine, Banished would freeze. And when I follow the above steps, the Assemblyscan returns too many lines.  I used zoom and speed hack before (older PC) and both were working.

RedKetchup

should be !

not i never used that, i dont know yet how it works, at all :S

to go back previous comment, yes i do put ALOT of details, and i wish so much we can zoom alot more so i can be able to enjoy all my work.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

catty-cb

Have just replaced my extremely elderly all-in-one desktop computer running Linux Mint, never could get the zoom hack to work on the old PC but thought new computer its worth a try especially as the Steam version of Banished now works on the new PC (its another all-in-one PC) a bit jerky but it works.

I use the GOG 64-bit version of Banished and run it in Codeweavers Crossover ....so installed the latest version of Cheat Engine into the same bottle that Banished is installed into .... see picture attachments (am also attaching a copy of Paeng's instructions from his site, as his site is run by Tapatalk and if you visit it, you start getting a lot of emails from them which is really irritating)

So Cheat Engine installs three EXE files into the bottle

Cheat Engine 7.0 = Sometimes crashes
Cheat Engine 7.0 (32-bit) = Most stable version in Linux
Cheat Engine 7.0 (64-bit) = Crashes computer

So I followed the instructions up to the point where you are meant to have the opcodes list open, the problem was every time I went back into banished the opcodes list vanished .... turns out if you go into the Cheat Engine settings and select "show all windows in the taskbar" that problem is sorted.

Next problem was this part of Paeng's instructions

QuoteSwitch to Banished: Zoom IN to the maximum, zoom OUT to the maximum, then minimize the Banished window.

Switch to CheatEngine: There are now three variables in the Opcode window.
Ignore the first one (here shown red for emphasis). Right-click the second variable (12) and select "Replace with the code that does nothing (NOP)" (13). Accept with 'Ok' (14).

Every time I did this the opcode window remained empty .... just at the point when I decided that it was never going to work on Linux Mint It finally brought up the three variables and I was able to complete Paeng's instructions list.

Paeng's instructions say at this point you can shut down Cheat Engine and also return Banished back to using a full screen again .... when I tried this my computer crashed so I've been leaving Cheat Engine minimized and Banished in Windows mode while using the Zoom Hack, also found that immediately zooming into the ground when you first start using zoom hack so you end up "sort of upside down" temporarily before the banished screen flips and then everything is working the way it should seems to be the best way to use it via crossover.