News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The 100-challenge

Started by Nilla, March 20, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Quote from: Brugle on May 08, 2015, 08:30:11 AM

The screenshot shows my city at the same time as Nilla's second picture, and the number of children did diverge--Nilla had more.  I think I played OK: a house was usually ready for each new couple, but sometimes it was available just after they both were adults if they moved in more quickly that way.  The time of births for a given mother (or couple) appears to be essentially fixed, but perhaps it varies for different mothers (or couples) and I was unlucky.

Or maybe yours were born just a little bit earlier and have just become adults. You have 2 more adults than I have and I have 3 more children. Pretty much the same, if you see it that way. The missing baby might be born the very first moment you start your game again, who knows. :)

I'm waiting for your next report.

RedKetchup

a death during birth child can change alot too.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 08, 2015, 10:03:24 AM
a death during birth child can change alot too.

Isn't that what autosave files are for?  ;D

Brugle

Now I'm home, with time to play.

The screenshot is at the same time as Nilla's third picture.  It's neck-and-neck, although Nilla's village had more people in the previous month.

I planned for the town hall to replace the wheat field that is between houses and the pecan grove, but forgot that building roads could change the elevation!  So the town hall ended up over the little hill (where I didn't plan to build anything), with a 2nd tavern to keep it company.

Nilla

I think you will pass me soon. As I can remember, the age difference between males and females got worse and worse as I played. If you have worked with the balance boys/girls it must be better.

Brugle

Quote from: Nilla on June 02, 2015, 11:30:53 AM
I think you will pass me soon.
I did, by 1 month, which could easily happen by luck.  (It then seems to pick up: 10 children were born in the next 3 months.)  Early summer 7, with 100 people:

RedKetchup

well i didnt made better :( but was fun ^^

seed 777
large valley
easy
no mods at all

started with only 12 adults 9 children
100% educated
i had 5 heart and 5 stars but during year 8 , a woman died during child birth :( so lost half a star and lost the mommy and the baby :(

100 citizens = winter 9
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Congrationlations @Brugle! I knew you would make it!

And to you, too @RedKetchup, I didn´t know you were actually PLAYING Banished ;) . I´m happy you joined this little challenge. But you haven´t really looked very well on the categories, if you want to compare your settlement with the rest; If you´re playing without mods, we have the category B; easy start, no demand on education and category C; hard start, full education and some other options as well. But as long as it was fun, it really doesn´t matter. :)

irrelevant

So here's a proposal for a new category "D" for the 100-challenge: Adam and Eve.

Never have tried this before, it is tough! and lots of fun.

Obviously, I'm not there yet, just wanted to throw it out there, get folks thinking. :)

Brugle

Quote from: irrelevant on June 22, 2015, 08:06:56 PM
So here's a proposal for a new category "D" for the 100-challenge: Adam and Eve.
Any other requirements?  Other mods?  Stars and hearts?  Education?  Clothing?

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on June 22, 2015, 08:06:56 PM

Good idea, I'm in.

Quote from: Brugle on June 22, 2015, 08:37:35 PM

Any other requirements?  Other mods?  Stars and hearts?  Education?  Clothing?

My suggestion: Any mod allowed that doesn't influence the population growth. I see that @irrelevant has full education in his settlement so I would say; 100% education and clothing, 5 stars and 5 harts at the end.

One question @irrelevant; did you have a full education from the first child? That would be a hard but fun challenge. But if you hadn't it's not so nice if we had that as a requirement. Than you had to restart your game.

irrelevant

@Nilla I did have everyone in school from the very start, but somehow one child's education got terminated. I didn't even notice it until he became a hunter when he was in his 40s and his deer kills were 160 instead of 200, so I'm not sure how that happened. Obviously he has passed on at this point.

Brugle

If 100% educated is required only at the end, it'd be tricky deciding when to start educating.

Nilla

Quote from: Brugle on June 23, 2015, 07:42:33 AM
If 100% educated is required only at the end, it'd be tricky deciding when to start educating.

Right. Let's do it that way. Since no one else had said anything, I will add this category D to the firs post.

Brugle

I'm in, but you know I'm slow.