News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Limits in occupants etc.

Started by Limy, March 07, 2019, 12:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limy

What limits are there for occupants when modding a house.
Are there limits? Could 1 house be modded to hold 100 people?
Can a storage barn be modded to hold unlimited supplies?

Limy

Anyone able to reply or answer this question?
or is the question too dumb and the answer obvious ?

RedKetchup

so sorry !!

i saw the question yesterday but i was doing something..... and i did gone to bed....

for your question. the house template has a data for the number of max occupants. Luke decided 5 occupants for the houses and it is to the modder to decide the amount, the number.

it can happends we decide to have 4 occupants only, or we decide to have 6 occupants. you always count 2 for the parents, whats left is for the children.
i personally tend to use 4 occupants for smaller footprint or very bad non-isolated rat nests... or 6 occupants for the 3rd floor of the multi-housing...

it cant go to 100 occupants only if, we, modders we decide to.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Limy

Thank you for the answer.
I'm still not quite sure of the answer, but will ask this.
If a house had room for a 100 people would they still breed as fast as they do in separate houses?
Can you or someone MAKE me a house for 100 people and a barn with unlimited storage?
Or tell me how to do it?
I have the editor.

RedKetchup

the thing is with the breeding... yes they can continue to have babies till you have 100 in the house. but there is something. they dont get babies every years. sometime it can even happends it will pass 8 yrs before they get the 2nd baby... so , they will have babies till they get to 40yrs old which i doubt it can go a lot further than 4 children.

the function is in the house template:

ResidenceDescription residence
{
   int _maxApartments = 1;
   int _maxOccupants = 5;  // this number to change
   float _temperatureForFuel = 50.0;
   float _fuelPerResource = 60.0;
}

the max appartement is for more than 1 family. but the behavior is different when it is like a boarding house. only 1st familly can get children, not the 2nd family.

about barn... it cannot be "unlimited" it needs a number. you can put a much bigger number like 100000000 weight

StorageDescription storage
{
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Alcohol | Tool | Health | Clothing | Textile | Grain | Vegetable | Fruit | Protein | Custom0 | Custom1 | Custom2 | Custom6 | Custom7;
   bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
   bool _available = false;
   int _volumeLimit = 8000; // this number to change
}

estherhb

Since parents only have kids every few years from ages 10 (if not educated) to about 45(?), they wouldn't have more than about 15 kids so you will never have 100 people living in the house!  Note that once any of the kids in the house become adults, the parents will stop having kids until the adult kids move out. 

RedKetchup

Quote from: estherhb on March 09, 2019, 10:25:06 AM
  Note that once any of the kids in the house become adults, the parents will stop having kids until the adult kids move out.

didnt know about this