Started by Paeng, November 02, 2014, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

A Typical Day At the Market -

:)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Mahnogard

Oh my gosh! I love how you built the little market areas with the carts and farm stands and fences! So cute! It looks like a living, breathing, bustling town - which is what I hope to achieve with my towns soon.

(A lot of my posts have been full of exclamation points lately, but I can't help it. The WoB crowd is awesome! :) )

rkelly17

Beautiful work, @Paeng! (There goes those exclamation points) A question: Are those buildings that look like a herbalist and gatherer in the middle of town mods of something else? Or . . . ?

Paeng

Quote from: Mahnogard on November 02, 2014, 11:10:53 AMIt looks like a living, breathing, bustling town - which is what I hope to achieve with my towns soon.

Thank you  :)
Yeah, I always try to capture 'action' too... one thing - it seems there are always fewer people showing in a screen capture than in a 'live' running game (you should see this, there are really masses of peeps roaming around, all over the streets and the markets)...

EDIT
Here a closer shot -

Quote from: rkelly17 on November 02, 2014, 11:35:43 AMAre those buildings that look like a herbalist and gatherer in the middle of town mods of something else?

Nope, plain default  :)
Basically those are structures I built early on, out in the 'wilderness', which got 'swallowed' by the ever enlarging town... I usually don't demolish them as they still add some production (despite their "inefficiency"), plus visual interest  ;)

wasabi333

lovely little market  :)
I like this image especially autumn scene

Pangaea

I find it's a good idea to have a herbalist in town anyway, even if they produce nothing. People still needs herbs, and now they don't have to walk very far.

Paeng

Quote from: Pangaea on November 03, 2014, 04:27:47 AMI find it's a good idea to have a herbalist in town anyway

Definitely - I always have one right in town and another one out in the forest...

rkelly17

Quote from: Pangaea on November 03, 2014, 04:27:47 AM
I find it's a good idea to have a herbalist in town anyway, even if they produce nothing. People still needs herbs, and now they don't have to walk very far.

What? Coddle those lazy citizens? I say, let them walk!

;D

Seriously, I've never been quite sure how many of my citizens actually "visit" the herbalist at all, given that I've seen "X is visiting the herbalist" even when I haven't yet built a herbalist. Have you observed them in the act?

irrelevant

Fire all your herbalists for a couple of years, then re-hire one when your town has lost a half-heart. They will queue up at the herbalist to take their herbs.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on November 03, 2014, 12:27:43 PM
Fire all your herbalists for a couple of years, then re-hire one when your town has lost a half-heart. They will queue up at the herbalist to take their herbs.

So, sort of like sick people "visiting the doctor" when you have no hospital and then you build one and they all take off in mass for the building?