News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Guerner

Started by brads3, October 13, 2019, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 20 and 21

the indians are making wood tools. a multi quarry was started.we do need iron to complete this.we also trade for 3000 food, cabbage,watermelons, and blackberry.we also traded for corn seed.now that we overcame the tool shortage, i can plan the south area.

to help our trading,we add a 2nd tailor for the flax and the indians make leather coats.we take in 50 copper tools in trade.

pic 1:indians mini tool shop
pic 2: quarry dig   

brads3

YEAR 22 and 23

this will be fun. this will be a mixture of a few mods.there are a lot of different materials needed. we need to trade for some iron to finish the quarry.  the buildings look much different between the mods.i'll do what i can to make it loook decent and fit together.

while we work to increase stockpiles again,we add storage and crop fields to the south.we trade for 2 red dairy cows and fence another pasture. the indians build a FO thatch school and expand some tipis.

i had sent extra workers to a couple of the irrigated fields during the tool shortage. they can plow their own fields now. a 10% welcome sign will bring nomads to work south of the border next year.

we have an unlabeled seed according to the merchants.we also have an item with no label that we have 2 of. 

pic 1:red dairy pasture
pic 2: more irrigated fields
pic 3: indian school
pic 4 south fields 

brads3

YEAR 24 and 25

13 nomads arrive and build adobe houses across the bridge. they plant corn and squash.they have a RH blacksmith,tailor,and storage barns.

we skip nomads for  year 25 to work on making more tools.a pasture is fenced for the plantation village.the cattle will be moved there and we acquire chickens for the fort.more stone and copper ore is hauled. to get iron a RH building material trader is constructed.to keep all 4 trading posts supplied another flax garden is planted.

pic 1: adobe village
pic 2:material trade post
pic 3:pasture that the cattle will be moved to

brads3

YEAR 26 and 27

a merchant finally brings iron ore.we take 200 iron ore and  20 copper at the material trade post.finally we can finish the muti quarry.

the south village added 2 peach orchards and  corn and sunflower field.a new African beehive was built as well.they added 8 nomads and built more adobes.

we traded for 50 iron.  RH markets will keep the camp and indians supplied. they will move materials to keep workplaces supplied along with the food .

pic 1;multi quarry
pic 2; afrcan bee keeper
pic 3: 2nd peach orchard
pic 4 indian RH market

brads3

YEAR 28 and 29

we trade for more iron.we have graduates that need houses.land is cleared for another pasture.EB leatherworks and tannery is added to the fort. this will make saddles.

we continue to improve trading. we take in food,firewood,tools,and some odd items we might need later.Texas longhorns will use the large pasture.

pic 1: adobe houses
pic 2: EB leather works,well,and tannery
pic 3: longhorn pasture

brads3

YEAR 30 REVIEW

population 180,just short of half educated, in 48 houses.the camp grew and the settlers built a fort.the indian village continue to hunt nearby. an adobe village has been started south of the border.3 different types of people living in 4 or 5 areas deending on how you count them.

yes,we are still short on some goods.we have survived the tool shortage.the irrigated fields work steadily.i had the bannies searching for materials too long and farmers were late to their crop fields.the south is already working to clear several more fields.

it took time to overcome the shortages. i would have liked to have more progress to the south by now. the multi quarry does produce iron,stone,and some coal.trading has expanded and now includes saddles and coal.the merchants do bring more goods on their boats.   we took in  a little glass and limestone  as well as salt for the leatherworks.we have chickens,beef cattle,and the Texas longhorns.we gained 4 seeds plus the peaches.

there are several mods i wish i had here. the thatch or RED's fodder mod woud be nice to have near the indians.with no mountains, mining is tough. i am not sure we have a way to get copper ore except to continue gathering it. now that we have iron,more stone quarries can be dug.

while the adobe village is busy with the crop fields,  more houses and another pasture are needed.then we can build the 2nd south village.there should be at least 4 on that side of the river.it will take the next 10 years to buid the 2nd south village.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs
pic 5: over view of the fort

brads3

YEAR 30 and 31

our crops do poorly with the hot sun. we cleared 3 more fields but do not have confidence in getting much from them.more irrigated fields will be needed.the peach orchards produce a decent amount of fruit.

combo gardeners will cut trees for the indians,the start camp, and fort.the south village built a tiny quarry. they will need more stone soon. more plantation houses and tipis were needed for graduates.we also clear another pasture.

pic 1: yr 30 trade stocks
pic 2: extended the 1st irrigation ditch and 2 new fields
pic 3: tiny quarry
pic 4: future pig pasture

brads3

YEAR 32

while land is being cleared for the 2nd south village,the builders work with the indians.more tipis and storage are built. another gatherer and bee collector are sent out.

9 nomads will move to the south. the crops do not like this heat.we have tried different seeds,but have more losses than gains. i didn't want to replace these as the variety is nice to have.hopefully we find a seed that will grow well here.
4 more of KID's greenhouse shed fields are planted.

pic 1: more tipis
pic 2: south irrigation or greenhouse fields

brads3

YEAR 33 and 34

the 1st 2 buildings for the mission will be the school and infirmary.their kitchen makes tortilla bread from corn.they have a playground for the children. the mission does grow grapes well.

finally we have overcame our shortages. education level has improved above 50%.

pic 1: mission start
pic 2: kitchen and north corner
pic 3: grape orchard

brads3

YEAR 35 to 37

they settled the mission where they had found a pond full of fish. even in this hot climate, it never goes dry. they built the mission and the town grew around it.it had a distillery and EB winery.
        i allowed the 15 nomads that arrived in year 36 to stay. this should speed progress along.they planted a 3rd peach orchard. a log depot works to haul logs back to the plantation village. we needed to empty piles that are quite full.

pic 1:brewery
pic 2:workshops
pic 3:mission
pic 4: cemetary
pic 5: EB winery
pic 6: log depot

brads3

YEAR 38 and 39

to improve the movement of food,4 mini food markets were built. 1 for the adobe village,1 the indians,the ission,and 1 to the start camp.the RH markets are working to keep workplaces supplied.the southern blacksmiths are making steel tools to use up coal. with this warm climate, we hardly use any firewood. hence our stockpiles are full of logs.we have started to ship some of them.

the mission added 3 more irrigated fields,cleared 2 pastures,and 2 quiet gardens and a fountain.i stil have lots of clearing to the south to do and the west side.

pic 1: adobe mini market
pic 2: mission market plaza and fountain
pic 3: quiet gardens
pic 4: mission pastures

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

population 285,56% educated,in 75 houses,including 1 boardinghouse or hostel. are production levels have improved.we have yet to find a crop seed that will grow well in the war climate.KID's gardens produce very well.

the mission has grown over the last 10 years. they are producing steel tools.the south section needs another grape orchard and several garden fields. the west wall will have another hostel and the school extension.

there is just enough regrowth of the trees to make the bannies work.even with trading logs,stockpiles remain full.a food trading post would help move some excess items and bring more food. the material TP brings a lot of copper and ore for tools as well as salt.the main TP brings a ixture of items. often the erchants do not have food on their boats.

there should be enough space to start the RK Pharaoh village between the mission and the river.we have traded for some mud bricks and limestone.if we have to wait to produce items,i'll send the bannies buiding the bridge and start work across the river.once they move logs out, they shoud work much faster.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: population and food graph
pic 5: stone and tool graph

brads3

YEAR 40 

While trees are being cut and moved for the mission,work is done at the fort. a food trader will be added. 2 houses  and a 2nd placer mine are built.the fort also grinds flour and cuts sausages.

the mission added 3 gardens and a grape orchard.we took 2 dairy cows in for them in trade.

pic 1: food TP
pic 2: 3rd grape orchard and more KID fields

brads3

YEAR 41 and 42

7 nomads arrived and moved into the mission hostel.they helped speed the clearing of trees. a bee keeper wil keep the grapes pollinated.a picnic area near the winery and  more benches were built and more rose bushes planted.
a small greenhouse will produce pumpkins,just to add some variety.

pic 1: picnic area and pupkin greenhouse
pic 2: west hoste and school extension

brads3

YEAR 43

we have taken a lot of food in trade the last few years.we took root seeds and will see if they can produce in the heat. surprisingly nobody has orange,watermelon, or tropical seeds to offer us.we can start shutting down the livestock and seed trading posts.

the west wall was finished. the bannies took time to clean up inside the mission and planted more decorations. it is a large mission.there are a lot of stuff from many mods in here.our food production has improved. the population has grown enough that we need 5 more houses.

pic 1:west mission wall
pic 2 and 3: decorations
pic 4: an overview